Attached: my-image.png (936x560, 101K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tiermaker.com/create/programming-languages--32215
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

tiermaker.com/create/programming-languages--32215
forgot to link the tier list

Attached: 222.png (540x511, 110K)

Henlo sirs delete this now

Attached: 1568335310208.jpg (208x243, 13K)

I hate Chinese so fucking much

Attached: serveimage.gif (498x280, 1.19M)

Attached: my-image.png (925x682, 143K)

>C# at the top
>Java and Python above Lua and Ruby
Asinine.

>C# in f
C#ringe

>HTML5 makes the list

>lua in F
>php not in F
>java in B
were your parents siblings?

Attached: my-image.png (1064x560, 197K)

baste desu

What's the hummingbird?

Attached: IMG_20190913_185259.png (177x176, 15K)

Oh it's LATEX

>The LaTeX Project
Blindman

Borderline edgy but the most grounded tier table so far.

My favorite turing complete language.

Attached: my-image.png (1216x561, 152K)

>java
>A
yes sir you correct sir thank.. i like your chart verry much sir

S tier is for memory management and system language, if you don't know at least one of these three you're not a programmer but a shitty front end webdev that "programs" in CSS
A tier is for object-orientated programming languages that can do everything without being overly complicated
B tier for (comfy) scripting languages
C tier is for obscure Jow Forums languages that serve no purpose whatsoever but just to look good on your resume "haha look I can write FizzBuzz with one line of code!"
D tier is for overly complicated trash webdev junk that needs to fuck off already
F tier isn't even closely related to programming or is a dumb fucking meme that should die.
I did not bother with the rest because literally no fucking company ever uses these

Attached: e.png (1064x560, 97K)

Where does postscript rank?

If you think PHP is better than JavaScript you are retard

Fixed

Attached: fixed.png (855x712, 146K)

>Java
>A Tier

Poo in the loo pajeet

What's wrong with html?

I have no idea what I am doing.

Attached: my-image.png (1007x560, 118K)

Attached: my-image (1).png (1216x560, 206K)

sirs......SIRs..... do not be doing into blasphemies of JAVA!!! it is overall very TOP language and much use around the WORLD! please kindly do the needful: do in attendance of my CORE JAVA class and you will understand greatness of JAVA

Attached: 1568380582872.jpg (452x350, 31K)

OOP is useless garbage

This tier list is retarded because each language will have benefits in different use cases. You can't really compare them without knowing the use case

This meme is getting old really fast.

is LaTeX even a language? I thought it was just a text formatting program, kinda like markdown. Nonetheless it's pretty good for what it does.

Attached: image.png (1064x564, 87K)

>languages
>comparing different types of languages
apples and oranges
>why am I shitposting instead of doing shit

don't worry doods, I will contribute good stuff eventually

Delphi 7 or out.

>lua
>bad
u wot mate

It's all you need

Attached: the correct opinion.png (989x492, 56K)

Unironically no.
In a world with js and hilter; relativism doesn't make sense.

Correct

Attached: my-image.png (1064x560, 154K)

Based

>getting
I am an incomparable homo.

Attached: Screenshot-2018-5-19.png (493x238, 37K)

Leave lua alone. It is a cute simple language for cute simple people

>winblows only

Attached: 2487_smugrin.png (784x720, 525K)

>Languages I don't like.

Attached: 1562147297006.jpg (454x520, 78K)

I never used Visual Basic until recently. It isn't that bizarre really, it just has verbose syntax and a few too many historical carry overs. All in all it is about e/π C#

based

Attached: 416x416.jpg (416x416, 21K)

im weird

Attached: my-image.png (1064x651, 147K)

No, no, no. Drills are better than wrenches. Only normies use crescent wrenches, and socket wrenches are boomer tier. The true patrician uses a Drill. Allen wrenches are a meme for sadomasochists, and only brainlets use hammers. Hammers need to fucking die already.

I really really like ruby and you won't change my mind

Attached: 1549710035504.png (1064x560, 183K)

>R
>high level mathematics
t. ``high level mathematics = triple integrals'' user.

>Mass quoting

Faggot

Attached: canvas.png (1064x539, 50K)

I'm extremist

Attached: document.png (1216x560, 191K)

C# and Java are shit, but maybe more like D tier. IDK how you can even compare a query language with these. Want to throw in Postgresql, MS SQL, and all the others? HTML doesn't belong anywhere near this list, it's not a programming language. etc. etc.

This whole thread is bait lol

dotnet core isn't?

Based procedural retard

>python
skiddie/undergrad detected

Attached: my-image.png (995x560, 82K)

bk color changed to see how shit rust is

nice labels!!

squanch?

also nice alphabetical ordering you autist

Attached: my-image.png (1216x530, 73K)

>also no pascal
Gay OP

God: C
Master of time and space: assembler
That guy who fucks around yet actually somehow gets things done despite a huge fucking mess: C++
That smug prick who does things reasonably well all the time and you're sick of how fucking perfect he is at getting things done: C#
Bungling idiots who fuck up all the time and only accidentally do shit right after a lot of effort because they copied shit from better people: Python, Java
Complete fuckups who shouldn't be allowed into polite society: perl, ruby, php, js, lua, html5

Attached: languages_official.png (670x494, 99K)

I hate that these threads never go into detail about why languages are better or worse than others. It's basically like rooting for sports teams

This is because almost no-one here actually knows anything about programming.

If you knew anything about languages, you'd know that there's truth to most of this and you don't have to explain shit.
C puts you in complete control while not completely making you reinvent everything, which is how languages should be.
C++ is a pseudo-OO mess that is pretty much the default for everything... somehow, and at least can half-simulate how C works, making it semi-acceptable.
C# is a Microsoft-centric (and can be half-ass done on other platforms) that is a bridge between power and simplicity that is basically a better version of Java.
Java is a slow bloated mess that is somehow the "standard" in a lot of places.
Python is the retarded love child of BASIC and some unknown baby daddy high level language that tries to be good at what it does and fails at every single step.
The rest are niche bullshit languages no one should ever seriously use.

>go and rust are lower than python
>serve no purpose
go is literally a static typing python, may be a bit more complex but much faster and better. Rust is firefox. Perl is almost every tool in Linux you use.
t. retard who judges languages by social categories he made up himself

>It's basically like rooting for sports teams
It's worse. It's like rooting for shovels v. rakes. Or chain saws v. weed eaters.

>If you knew anything about languages...
>proceeds to prove that he doesn't know anything about languages

Fuck off. Chain saws are better than weed eaters and you know it, fag. Don't even get me started on rakes.

Don't try and tell me that in a battle royale between chain saws and weed eaters you wouldn't be on the edge of your seat cheering with the rest of the crowd..

LARPing faggot
I bet you program in Rust

Chainsaws. Of course. It's all clear now. I bet you fucking use shovels too, don't you, user? I can tell. Probably think you're really something special with your standard shovel, the snow shovel, the pointy shovel that nobody needs, the soiboi handheld holster shovel. Get a fucking bulldozer poorfag.

There, I fixed everything

Attached: languages.png (1064x560, 130K)

Weed eater has the range. Does it get the basic strings, or a brush cutter attachment?

lol XD

Every single sentence of that post is wrong. Amazing.

SS: C, ASM
S: Bourne shell
A: GO, Limbo
B: LUA, haskell, lisp, R
C: perl, rust, ruby, php
D: js, C++
F: C#, HTML5, mysql, matlab
So fucking bad using these should incur the death penalty: java, python
BONUS: Help I'm a wage slave code nigger monkey tier: java, js, python, C++, C#, mysql

APL is the best of all. If you can't understand it you should learn.

nextGeneration1 currentGeneration∨.∧3 4=+/,¯1 0 1∘.⊖¯1 0 1∘.⊂currentGeneration

so what would you replace it with?

Ruby is fun for five minutes, until you make something with it

Attached: 0575027593847529385203852035793285.png (1007x560, 22K)

Good list tbqh OP, I agree. Javascript is a cancer on this earth and I'm a front end dev atm. There's money in it, but fuck me it's awful. Back end is just so much nicer and cleaner, all JS is shit built on top of shit and electron is a cancer on this earth.

>visual basic
>not f tier or lower.
C# so low down
wat r u doing

I really do love working with objects in c++ and it was the only language to ever feel like second nature to me. It was the fourth one I wrote a lot in but from then on it became my default.
Really though I don't outright hate anything about c++, java, python or vb(did a lot of windows forms work in it for a monstrous CRUD business database+front end).
Modern IDEs feel more different than languages. As long as I have my own IDE set up and available and a quick reference for api+language I can shit out good nuff software in any language.

Attached: 928b7c3.jpg (1124x1500, 185K)

what the fuck is this dumbassery

almost perfect except i do like bash to make tedious bullshit less tedious

What is the green five eyed thing holding a stick(?) called?

Attached: images (2).jpg (256x223, 13K)

he obviously meant higher levels of abstraction
it just werks :^)

S: simple high level languages that get shit done
A: domain specific languages that get shit done
B: verbose languages that kind of get shit done
C/D: acceptable system languages
F: overly complex languages riddles with edge cases. should rarely be used

Attached: my-image.png (1064x560, 113K)

>All this high tiers Golangs
Is this bait, this language is shitted on constantly here

Attached: 131342535.jpg (1106x1012, 70K)

Have you tried writing anything in go?

yeah and I spent most of my time writing boilerplate instead. it's worse than java in that respect.

what are you all niggas' thoughts on powershell

HTML is not a programming language and cannot in any fill the role of a programming language so it should not be on that list. In the field that it is designed for it is optimal. I would also bump python, Perl and Ruby up by one spot and move C# down one. Other than that it's pretty accurate