How much ram are you using right now?

How much ram is in your personal system and how much of it are you using for stuff?

Attached: 1566626698246.jpg (300x250, 38K)

1.3 GiB / 7.7 GiB
Firefox is using 300+M and latte-dock is using 147 M.
I get firefox but why the fuck does latte use so much RAM?

Attached: harold.jpg (525x296, 15K)

Attached: 4u.png (760x151, 25K)

10/24

this mine currently :/ Stuff always gets laggy on full load like this

Attached: ram use.jpg (1173x668, 111K)

32.2GiB/32GiB
No idea how I have more than what I actually have. Somehow my SSD is holding 20 GiB of memory too that’s not part of my normal files. How does it increase and decrease so much?

2048mb in my libre trashpad and firefox eats most of it like the flaming pile of shit it is. I fell for the devuan meme and am currently too lazy to just switch because lazy and devuan is missing both an actual package for qutebrowser and several dependencies, so going the manual route just isn't worth it.
I could go up to 3072 usable, but since the only problem i'm having is a bloated pile of botnet shit browser, I see no reason. Will probably go back to parabola when I get a chance.

With qutebrowser and a couple tabs open I'm using maybe 300-400mb depending on what they are(know this bc used void before libreboot - too lazy to figure out how to configure grub to boot it fully encrypted) With no applications open, just the WM(i3-gaps) memory footprint is ~100mb.

More than half is available (4GB total)

Attached: ram.png (116x23, 2K)

Using Discord and visual studio code.
Ive only seen it run OOM one time runing vscode + 16 threads of compilation + Discord + youtube videos.

Attached: rustBadLang.png (305x32, 4K)

I don’t get it. Why does YouTube take up so much ram, but streaming takes up more data?

it shouldnt use that much, youtube compresses the hosted videos to hell lol

It apparently does because my ram always tops out and I’m sure it’s the hundreds of YouTube tabs I have open and not the thousands of Jow Forums tabs.

1.8/15.7 GiB
Firefox+Plasma

Some games I play, like Total Warhammer 2 or Rust use about ~9 to 11GB of memory. I've had Rust use 12 before. Combined with my browser using 1 to 1.5 and everything else, it adds up.

Ubungaaa 1.5/7.7GB at startup and idle. Is that even normal. When I used windows 8.1 it is around surpass 950mb

4GB.
4GB.
It's not as bad as it sounds. It's not a beefy machine, and my swap is on an SSD.

Attached: 1310483412100.jpg (413x395, 61K)

This makes me wonder, why can’t there be portable ram sticks if hard drives can be external?

8/32G

Most of my VMs that I usually run are off

There are some pretty hard limits on track lengths because of the speed and risk of interference.

Because the memory controller is on the die. System memory is far, far, far more intensive than storage.

---------------

quindows 10 I got 12:32. SMOKE EM IF YOU GOTTEM FAGGOT FUCK LINUX HAHAHAHAHA

>How much ram is in your personal system
4GB
>and how much of it are you using for stuff?
All of it, all the time.

Attached: miserable pepe.jpg (390x376, 25K)

about 1.6Gi my dude

Attached: atemyram.png (771x411, 60K)

>my swap is on an SSD
That's a joke, r-right?

>even needing swap or a pagefile

RAM's a weird thing. You want your programs to use as much of it as possible because unused RAM is wasted RAM. But programs aren't as elegant at giving back RAM they don't REALLY need as people try to convince you they are. Especially browsers. So even though it shouldn't be that way, it ends up that there's this "amount of RAM you need to have or else your computer is shit" area.

360Mi/16Gi

1/20th of my 16GB. KDE is truly based.

Attached: animegirl.gif (500x281, 1011K)

2 gigs, using 1.3

1.64G/31.3G Just shitposting here and updating shit on steam

No, when my total commit is 11.3GB.

Currently on my Dankpad.

982MB out of 10G

i3 + Pale Moon is blessed.

what you see here, ive really in the past have been trying to reach full ram utilization bu i rarely go over 5 ma with millions of tabs of shit open

i love this machine and it will last me for at least 2 more yaers

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-14 12-15-42.png (1366x768, 266K)