Hello. Im the retard in charge of maintaining 14% of the entire power supply of Ontario and 85% of Greater Toronto...

Hello. Im the retard in charge of maintaining 14% of the entire power supply of Ontario and 85% of Greater Toronto. Ask me your question.
Pic is literal nuclear waste.

Attached: 55917967_225698261724757_6985069306165434270_n_crop_48.jpg (640x427, 64K)

Eat it.

Common lisp or Scheme?

Can I have one?
Ill be careful, i promise.

No DeltaV and Honeywell Experion. All coded in C++ and C.

are you that user that works in the candu reactor in Pickering?

answer OP,

Yes. Im the indeed the dude that works in a plant housing 6 600MW Candu reactors

Attached: 53593538_128022038284524_8200852409573573668_n.jpg (640x640, 133K)

You hand would legit melt.
I think its like 5 sv/hr if you are right against it.

> works in a plant housing
So you're not in charge of the plant are you?

So the LV 50 is like 40 minutes?
7 Sv is the 99% death certainty IIRC

cool I live right by your workplace.

OP, I always wondered this about nuclear power plants. Are they actually cost effective or are they more for environmental reasons.

Would we have access to cheaper power if we just used coal plants?

Im maintainence department hbu where you at.

Can you hide bitcoin miners in the power plant?

Im pretty sure like one nuclear plant produces more electricity than 10 or more coal-fired plants especially the newer monster reactors that produce like 1800 MW.

No point.
Cool im bored at work pls come visit.

Coal plants arent very efficient compared to nuclear. The waste for nuclear is extremely small that waste pool in the pic is literally all the waste produced by 6 reactors over a 10 year life span.

I saw this infographic on /sci/ a while back promoting thorium reactors

do you have an opinion on Thorium reactors?

Attached: thorium.jpg (900x4000, 863K)

>No point
Free bux for you.

Attached: 1486385914490.png (644x598, 111K)

Nice, my dad is a computer engineer at Darlington.

How do you live with yourself knowing that you give Justin Trudeau a platform to speak his stupidity

Would you prefer the nazi or the SJW?

you gotta be kidding me, there is no one who is anything remotely nazi in Canadian politics

the closest thing we have to nazi is Faith Goldy and she's not even racist

Attached: faithgoldy.jpg (640x480, 24K)

Thorium is a viable technology but making thorium fuel is hella expensive and complicated for a reactor and the waste produces alot more radioactivity in a shorter peroid of time which causes issues when you are intially taking it out. Candu is expensive as fuck because it uses heavy water as a moderator tho.

So just how susceptible is it for failure? How easy would it be for someone to just walk in and cause a meltdown? What systems are in place to prevent these and are those systems ever being updated?

Also I believe thorium is not ideal for neutron economical reactors unlike CANDU which is.

CANDUs shut down when they get too hot. Most reactor designs do.

There are two main completely independent SCRAM systems in CANDU both operate passively with zero operator input. One is EPIS (involves injecting neutron poisons into the calandria tubes thus instantly shutting the reactor) and second is throwing all the control rods down like a traditional reactor. Even tho CANDU does have a positive void coefficient its only oike 0.3 so even with both safety mechanisms completely destroyed it wont explode like chernobyl as it would be passively cooled by gases in the tube.

could the incident that happened in chernobyl happen in this reactor?

3.6 rotigens not good not bad

No you dumbfuck

Sadly no. There are too many passive safety systems in place so there is no chance a retard can actually blow up the reactor.

Max bernier is a nazi.

what if i stuck my hand in reactor

what if i shank you before youre able to

How do you maintenance if you can’t ever turn it off then?

This reactor cant even explode in a meltdown. Even if the fuel channels are deformed it would lose criticality and the reaction would stop and decrease.

You can turn it off by dropping all the control rods which is held by magnets.
I dont do maintence on the reactor itself only on its subsystems. You can refuel and take out of the waste while its running.

>centrist is a nazi
The ABSOLUTE STATE of leaf politics

He isnt center.

Attached: 73413546-billboard01-w.jpg (371x277, 24K)

7 SV is way above LD50, and extremely close to LD100 (1 krad).
You can have one, sure. Dive for it and enjoy your stay.

What kind of education did you have to get to work here? How did you end up there? How good is the pay and benefits? What kind of people work there? You know how like IT has its own kinds of people. Is there a risk of being irradiated and an increased chance of cancerous cells?

So how likely are you to get cancer as a result of working there?

>not wanting your country flooded with welfare sucking shitskins isn't center
My point stands. You fags are cucked beyond belief. A right wing position would be physical removal of the parasites. A left wing position is to spread your cheeks and let more in. Therefore the center position is to just stop more from coming in.

*empty the water channels*
*drop the fuel rods*
*overheats*
*reactor explodes*

i think you are wrong sir

The entire Department of Energy will know something's wrong before point one gets done.

damnit

Hows the weather in tel Aviv rabbi?

But how quick would they react?

what if you throw a crowbar and jam the fuel rods so they can't be put back into the water

No need to jam it. Just let the crowbar drop and allow nature to help you fuck everything up. In fact, fuck the crowbar, just throw boxes of pencils.
To avert a nuclear crisis? You'll have a squad of gorilla warfares on top of you like it's a cop film from the 90's.

Do you have a Chinese girlfriend yet?

>directly above the Japanese sign
jej

Attached: reddit filename.jpg (500x375, 23K)

Answer this, bruv

Surprisingly relevant question. I hear Canada has a lot of those. Probably right given the career choice too.

Faith Goldy said she wants complete ban on all non-European immigration to Canada. Isn't discrimination based on race racist?

What does depleted uranium taste like?

absolute brainlet understanding of politics

banning immigration isnt really "discrimination" in the way most people understand that word, because migrating to a foreign country is a privilege

you could say she is "racist" for preferring white european people, though i would argue most people do and that there is nothing wrong with having racial preference

My nigger, immigration isn't like having sex. It's quite racist to ban doctors from immigrating because they're chinks or pajeets yet allow chavs to immigrate because they're bongs.

i know who you are fag

I donno, I haven't followed Faith much because I think she's a bit annoying and don't really agree with her politics

but what I gleaned from what she says is that she wants to preserve Wesetern culture and values which she feels are being erroded

so preference for european immigrants isn't based on race I don't think

but more importantly, you can see her interact with a mixed race group on her show and she definately has no anomousity or prejudice towards people of other races. For example she nearly started crying and tried to start a fundraiser when she heard about a black landlord that was being sued by his Muslim tenants for refusing to take off his shoes in their prayer area

Faith I'll admit is as controversial and racial as it gets in Canada given that she identifies as an ethnonationalist

Maxine is nowhere near that - he advocates for immigration - wants about as many immigrants as the other parties do, just wants more skilled worker immigrants. So definitely no racial issues on his side

What crew are you on wagie? I already know you work at pickering. Seriously cut this shit out before you get your security clearance revoked. I'll see you around inplant.

That's not right.. if you weren't some stupid engineering intern you'd know the actual net output of each unit and it's not 600MW.

Banning immigration is just banning immigration. Banning immigration while discriminating by race is by definition racial discrimination. I don't know what view you have of the word discrimination that makes you think otherwise.

Just like there are immigration policies who exclude people by other criteria, these are all discriminating in some way or another. You could have an immigration policy that excludes women or men, this would by any definitions fit under sexism or sex discrimination.

what? scheer is the centrist

Maxime bernier's policy supports non-interventionism, free trade, multiculturalism, diversity and greater care for veterans and healthcare for all managed by the provinces

that would be a center left position in most countries

the only things that move him to the right are his opposition to climate change still a mostly left candidate

he has been characterized as anti-immigration because he wants to get rid of parent and grandparent classes (just what our aging demographic needs, more old people) but on every other metric he's pro immigration

he split from the conservative party because of corruption and their ties to the milk lobby influencing their leadership race

but he's definitely a centrist candidate - not that it matters because he has no chance of winning

Is it normal to have a giant flag hung up on the wall?

It's a Canuckistani thing they do to honor Great Leader Justin Trudeau.

Countries have a right to stop immigration, one of the reasons to do this is to preserve the quality of life of the people in the country, as people who migrate generally tend to be able to do the same job for less money, undercutting mostly the middle class.
Source: 23 things they don't tell you about capitalism (actually a book written by a commie, but one that explains why borders are necessary)

There's also the question of social homogeneity and the fact that the more diverse your country is, the less trust is present within your society, and the less trust, the worse off. I think it's sensible to assume that european people will have an easier time integrating canadian society - settled by europeans - than pajeets or other melanin enriched people.
See: Francis Fukuyama's 1995 Trust: Social Virtues and Creation of Prosperity.

Well they call Jordan Peterson a nazi, so that just shows you the ludicrousness of their understanding of what a nazi is.

I'm not really interested in the debate about whether or not it is reasonable or not, I was responding to a claim that she was not racist, not whether or not racism in the case of immigration can be justified.

>commies like borders
wtf I love globalism now