Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt

Attached: sqtfag.jpg (433x600, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23661-youtube-hd
youtube.com/watch?v=mvK0UzFNw1Q
github.com/wintersim/fiddler-spotify-adblock
youtube.com/watch?v=C07_lVxvva0
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/Jow
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

shota os?

why do all of these threads have a dumb anime image

What controller would you recommend for playing with older games (SNES, GB/C/A, Atari, etc) on emulators?

because op is a fag, next question

gentoo or void

Windows 10 with a "gamer" theme downloaded from YouTube.

Because the shotafag OP is the only one who bothers with making these threads and the headphone general threads.

Is there any program that can handle combining about 100 wav files into one file in order when they are about 3 hours each? I want to do that, add some compression or maximization to the sound if possible, then use something like wavepad to split that file into many small wav files of even lengths to put on bandcamp. I can't find an editor that will import them easily into the same timeline and I don't want to do them individually because they take too long to load and move around and the programs can't keep up. I've tried Ableton and Adobe Premiere and Wavpad. In Wavpad they all import into separate windows instead of one timeline, and in Premiere they don't all import only about 20.

Is there any URL shortener like Tinyurl that lets you have a custom alias?

whats a keylogger and why is everyone on /v/ saying that denuvo is one now?

Reposting:
>Every time I do a quick clean up with CCleaner, I usually do it 2 or 3 times to make sure everything is as clean as possible, but normally, instead of getting an empty log, these entries appear.
>Is there any way I can erase these somehow or they're hard coded Windows stuff?

Attached: ccleaner.png (470x454, 21K)

The 3.5mm jack on the front my desktop is starting to die.
I looked on Antec's website and didn't see a replacement part for this.
Is this something case makers usually sell replacement parts for, or am I SOL?

Pic related.

Attached: 1565131845913.jpg (1080x1080, 189K)

What's a good debugger since OllyDbg doesn't update their website anymore?

Attached: OllyDbg odbg64-03.png (989x727, 104K)

I replaced my mobo today after my old one bit the dust. Decided to do a fresh Windows install.

I had two 4TB HDDs in RAID 0 in addition to two SSDs. I formatted them all before reinstalling Windows. What's weird is that Windows still recognizes it as an 8TB drive, but my new BIOS only reads one drive at 4TB. Is this a big deal? It seems to working fine, but I just find it weird.

What are normal cpu operating temperatures?
What program should I use to monitor temperatures?
Ryzen master says my 3800x idles at about 40C while HWmonitor reads 50C. On load it sits at about 70.

Attached: 1434910479240.jpg (1024x768, 295K)

nvm I think Foobar is doing it

i am sorry for this really really dumb question. but how come, when i download the source code for a program in linux, often it doesnt have a "configure" file? arent they supposed to??

60/40 or 63/37?

10°C above room temperature tops idle, under 80°C under stress.

Remember Ryzen has a CPU temperature sensor and a motherboard CPU sensor so its easy to read the wrong one.

How is it dying? you have to move it around or it has static on it?
Frontal ones are easy to fix or replace if you have a 5.25" bay.

What functional benefits will a larger RAM cache on a HDD get me?

The difference between these two seems to mostly be the manufacturer and the purchase/shipping options. I'm using PCPartPicker.

I want one drive for bulk data storage, and one to replace a dying HDD in an old system. The old system currently has a 500gb drive, so even a 1tb drive would be plenty for that system and a few programs. More than 2tb of storage would be a lot for that system, so I'm just looking for a cheap replacement, really.

Attached: Annotation 2019-09-13 235440.png (1505x114, 17K)

No real benefits.
When it comes to big HDDs you want reliability over performance.
Avoid Seagate HDDs for reliability reasons, get a WD or HGST HDD.

>Im looking for a cheap replacement
Buy a WD 1TB Blue then?

I'm doing some 3D animation for a technical presentation. What service can I use to upload the video in good quality that's private?

Attached: 1562878964056.jpg (2196x3440, 491K)

It will occasionally not play audio, or will significantly distort the audio.
Pulling out the cable, reinserting it, and wiggling it around will occasionally fix it but it's annoying to have to do it each time I want to use my headphones.

I'm sure it's easy to fix or replace, but I can't find the parts.
It's an Antec 302 so it's a 10-year old case now and Antec doesn't list the front panel on their website any more.

let me emphasize more since i'm retarded:

I want to seamlessly transition my powerpoint to a video I made where the quality doesn't look like shit so I can pause and resume during important parts and such. Powerpoint and other things like dropbox reduce the quality to shit

Sounds like your 3.5mm jack just came loose, which is normal in cheap cases.

You have 2 options.
Fix it by redoing the solder joint in the bottom part of the board in your case, or buy a USB or SPDIF DAC for a few bucks.

I have nothing I need to do this Saturday for the first time in a few months.

What should I do

What's a good graphics card for a relatively good price for my HP Compaq Elite 8000 small form factor?

A GTX 1650 LP?

How could I modify this userscript to work with embedded videos too?
By default, it only works on videos watched at youtube.com specifically.
greasyfork.org/en/scripts/23661-youtube-hd

how do i properly tunnel torrents through an SSH tunnel while also allowing incoming connections?

I keep getting SUPER slow torrent speeds and a stdout full of "connection refused" while the speed steps up very slowly from 50kb/s to 200kb/s in like 4 minutes

Is there anything in the $30-50 dollar range for some low tier gaming?

Used GT 1030?
Or any used GTX 1050 / 1050Ti?

So, I have an asus vg248 144Hz monitor. Problem is: when I watch Netflix (either on Edge or windows 10app, because for some reason real browers don't do 1080p any more on Netflix) the video gets laggy unless I put my monitor to 60Hz. BUT when I put my monitor to 60Hz it fucks with the colors. Blacks suddenly have a more grey-ish tone and aren't as saturated.
Any way to fix that? (or the laggy viewing in 144Hz, I tried with and without hardware accel and I just can't seem to fix it)

Best free software to check mails from multiple accounts on windows?

Thunderbird

whats the easiest code to learn?

Attached: 9a1e5ec2e8eca8c52f293c805cafeac2c2c15a7f3c37fc81c579ef2c97306365.jpg (500x500, 48K)

Lua is super easy, but python is probably more useful, I heard codecademy is decent at teaching python, too.

You shouldn't learn by what's easiest tho, you should learn by what you need. I mean, what's the point of learning swedish if you don't plan to go to sweden, or consume swedish media, you know?

Java and Python.

A keylogger is a program that uploads everything you type somewhere.
Denuvo has always done shady shit, its mostly hated for being inefficient and making games run horrible.

BL3 added an actual spyware now though, which is what i think you are talking about.
TLDR of it, it checks what you have open and uploads it to someone server, reason why it needs 2MB/s upload to play the game, the denuvo part of it only does a small check.

Ryzen Master displays some sort of average reading across the chip or something like that, other tools display what I assume is the hottest part. Idling in the 50s is somewhat normal for Ryzen 3000. They boost aggressively/frequently and use pretty high voltages, so as long as even 1 core is boosting you'll see fairly high temps.

Buffalo USB controller.
Hori gamecube controller.
A old Dualshock 2 controller with a USB adapter.

mainly wanna learn how to make games with nothing crazy tho like a triple a game

That is a really bad reason why learn programming, just learn how use Unity and blender instead.

>Why
Because you will feel like its too hard and will take a really long time till you can make a game if you are starting from scratch.

wanted to do a 2d game so thought that would work, but ill still check it out though

Then Unity and a program that will help you to draw sprites.

Oof, even for basic games, you've set yourself a high standard there m8. Even relatively simple games usually have a whole team working on them. Saying "I want to learn to program so I can make a (simple) game" is a bit like saying "i want to learn to drive go racing". You're setting your goals a bit high. If you have absolutely zero prior knowledge in coding, maybe do the Python course on codacedemy, and adjust your aim from "making a game" to "making a small program"
If you have an idea for a small game, or a storyline you want to use for a game, maybe try something like RPGMaker and play around with that.

Also see:
youtube.com/watch?v=mvK0UzFNw1Q

Pale Moon has stopped playing videos.
Whether it be a YouTube video or a webm on Jow Forums, it will not play any video. Just sits there "loading" it forever.
I have changed no settings that could have caused this.

What does making my PS2 run in 60hz mode do?

Restart it.

What's the difference between VCORE and VID?

I wouldn't mind the CPU consuming just over 0.2v at idle but I'm not sure if the idle voltage is 0.2 or ~0.7?

Attached: vcore.png (624x772, 67K)

VID is what the CPU is reporting.
VCore is what your motherboard VRM is reporting.

I got LTSC running without any problem on a VM.
What is the next step in order to boot it up on my real machine?

Attached: win.png (607x906, 139K)

Thanks m8. How can the discrepancy be so large? Which value is more accurate? Should I say the CPU idles at 0.4 or 0.7V?

if you're presenting a powerpoint presentation, why do you need to upload it anywhere? keep in on your laptop

I can't drag images from any browser I use to my desktop or folders any more, I have to save it into the folder manually or download it then move it. I used to just be able to drag them and haven't changed anything in my settings. Any idea how to fix this?

Aren't you supposed to get a new wallpaper with windows 10 every time you lock screen?
It does that on my pc at work and used to here at home, but it has been using the same wallpaper for days now.

I usually ask on the designated thread but I found none this time:

What are some powerful routers? I'm going to move from propietary ISP router to one that gives me ONT + [their router/neutral router] and I wanted some insight on them.
Last router I had was an ASUS RT-AC1200G+ and it used to get KO with a few hundred torrents, so I want to avoid that mostly. Bonus point for Open-WRT and the likes.
I also consider a mini x86 or something like that but time is short.

can sisyphus be a happy man?

Attached: Untitled-24_105.jpg (635x476, 66K)

What's the current method to block spotify ads on the windows desktop app?

Why is wifi 2.4ghz/N so much slower than 5ghz/AC? I have 70mbps and on 5ghz/AC, I receive all of that however with 2.4ghz/N I get only 30mbps at the most. Even when I am right next to the router?

Attached: 582EB14DC2FA4BBC8C2E943B8BAADF90.gif (344x240, 1.86M)

From some git repo: "You just need to somehow block /ad-logic/ and /ads/ from spclient.wg.spotify.com. There are probably many ways to do that."
github.com/wintersim/fiddler-spotify-adblock

But here's my question: What software (beside Fiddler, which is shown in the repo) can do this, since Fiddler is more a tool to inspect traffic and I don't want to keep it open all the time. Best if network wide.

Op is based shotabro

Attached: hug.gif (581x398, 1.14M)

Do you have lot of other 5g routers close by?

*other 2.4 routers
There might be some interference on the channel you're on.

I've heard loud grinding is normal for hard drives while reading/writing, but my hard drive was making clicking sounds earlier which I've heard are a sign of HDD failure.
I opened crystaldiskinfo and it said everything is fine but how reliable is it? Is there a way to more thoroughly test my hard drive for problems?

youtube.com/watch?v=C07_lVxvva0
>loud grinding

No I use a wifi analyzer app already. Im fairly clear and and have good signal. I just think it's the way 2.4ghz works.

Because it makes you and posters like seethe.

Can hot swapping audio output devices cause damage? If yes, does it ever not? When?

What's a good 1440p monitor with a low refresh rate?

>LG 27GL850-B 27"
>Dell S2417DG 24"
>AOC AGON AG241QX 24"

Are some good ones I've found, but they all seem to have some issues. Any suggestions?

What's a good to do list with cloud sync and a decent UI?

Used wunderlist so far, which was great, but now MS is pushing it's Todo concept and phasing out wunderlist.

Todo has a terrible UI imo, in which it takes me too much effort distinguishing things.

Any recommendations? Non-botnet preferred.

How do I stop my CPU and chassis fans from ramping up and down like crazy? I can set a good fan curve in the bios and under sustained load it responds how I expect it to but when just browsing the internet or sitting on the desktop any load at all causes the fans to spike up then down again, its like they respond too quickly to any meaningless change and its driving me crazy, my computer is louder when shitposting then when exporting video or playing hoi4

Get a notebook and carry it around with you
I'm serious, GOAT organising method

Is there any point of learning opengl 3+ if i'm not intersted in creating anything graphicly intence?

I know it's best to keep 10% of your HDD empty, does the same go for SSDs or can you get away with filling those up?

you should do the same thing
the issue is logical, not physical

Try pritating game maker

You have even more reason to do it on an SSD because of wear levelling.

aite thanks
we're back in blue

Attached: ctgDYkX[1].png (257x52, 7K)

Python, read or watch "automate the boring stuff with python"

Why are dark themes grey instead of black?

Attached: large_2.jpg (500x602, 107K)

Can I use an android phone to receive a BT audio signal?

Attached: 22652639.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Is it possible for a VPN that's used for a private LAN, to optimize package routing, so to get a very optimized route and low ping time?

I'm courious about why i got down to 7 ms after a couple of pings.

Scenario: Ubuntu server setup at a school with a open RJ45 port (that probably shouldn't be) running an MC spigot server, with a ZeroTier VPN. The campus has dedicated networks, and a fancy eduroam wifi setup. I live in the dorm area, and is wondering, how i with a wifi connection, get as low as 7ms. I'm no expert, but my thinking goes, that the clients figure out, that they are on an internal network, and is able to establish a direct internal connection?

Attached: ZeroTimePingOptimization.png (673x697, 93K)

Why use else if instead of another if. Is it just for legibility?

cookies = 5
apples = 3
if (cookies == 5) nomcookie()
if (apples == 3) biteapple()
will perform both actions whereas
if (cookies == 5) nomcookie()
else if (apples == 3) biteapple()
will only perform the first

grey looks better

Why will it only preform the first? apples still = 3. Thanks for help by the way user

because that's what else does. as soon as it encounters one of the options that is true, it ignores all the other ELSE operations

hey user, if you have five cookies, you can nom them, otherwise you can bite an apple if you have 3.

obviously you shouldn't use else when the expected behavior is that both actions could be performed in one runthrough

Ask

Does downloading Windows 10 via the Media Creation Tool include May's update 1903 in the build, or do I have to download that separately?

Attached: IMG-20190913-WA0027.jpg (1440x1558, 175K)

I saw 5 and thought, what is a bird doing there?

Where can I find password dumps?

it's always the latest version.

The problem with those is they can only detect interference from other WiFi access points, but lots of other consumer wireless toys use the same spectrum. Not to mention if you have a defective appliance spouting out RF interference.

else if has a different meaning to if
if (x > 10)
print("x greater than 10");
else if (x > 5)
print("x greater than 5 but not greater than 10");
if (x > 10)
print("x greater than 10");
if (x > 5)
print("x greater than 5. may or may not be greater than 10");

should I use Jow Forums x?
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/Jow Forums-x/
is this the correct link?

depends if you want features from it that the site doesn't already offer
I stopped using Jow Forums plugins when the main site settings became decent enough to not warrant getting it.

I want to use the better captcha system right? So it's easier to post. I just want to know if this is the correct link.