Now that Discord is locking thousands of accounts everyday and forcing users to unlock their accounts with phone...

Now that Discord is locking thousands of accounts everyday and forcing users to unlock their accounts with phone numbers, what is a better alternative?

Attached: 1566584180530.png (602x686, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

overtone.app/
jami.net/
matrix.org,
halogen.city
matrix.kiwifarms.net
matrix.org/clients/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Discord has always been shit, IRC has still been working this whole time. It watched the Berlin Wall fall. IRC is still perfect for text based chat, you can share images by linking them you cretin, I know this doesn't appeal to zoomers because they can't easily share their memes with drag and drop

What the literal mouth breathing, zoomer fuck are you talking about. Discord has never been the preferred choice, and it's always been mumble.

End your fucking life.

maybe rocket chat for the AIO

Oh, that's surprising, I wouldn't expect a massively advertised "free" SaaS to do this!

Just don't use these things in the first place.
You were warned, you didn't listen.
But consider this a chance to stop it.

You can still be saved, use mumble and xmpp/irc and take back control.

Briar, else Signal

>alternative
The alternative is to not be a nu-male cuck.

I want to say riot.im but it seems to get more and more buggy as time goes on.

IRC.
>BUT VOICE CHAT
Voice chat is for illiterate children.

Don't care, i can buy SIM cards in bulk.

>IRC
Enjoy your empty rooms filled with idlers. Enjoy no markdown, embeds, profile pics and emoji.

Pic related, we're on the superior chatting platform.

Attached: unknown.png (1280x720, 553K)

Since when have discord forced phone numbers?

>no markdown, embeds, profile pics and emoji
And that's why we fucking enjoy it, little ADD kid.

matrix with riot is actually pretty good

its really not, though. its riddled with bugs and they keep tacking on new features instead of making the current application work better.

not to mention the centralization of vector

Matrix.org / Riot.im are the best replacement for Discord and getting better. Open source and federated.

>t. illeterate 14 yo adult human being

Loads of things do it, they claim some kind of suspicious thing and force you to enable 2FA to "verify" yourself.
They force you to SET IT UP as "verification" to log in.
I know gmail does this, I don't know about discord though but I assume OP isn't larping as a discord user because why..

>markdown

Attached: 1564290902646.png (571x618, 41K)

What's wrong with markdown? What's lightweight markup got to do with reddit?

"we"? no one uses that shit anymore except lonely boomers and neckbeard freetards. get a life and join the rest of society. or are you a NEET?

Attached: 1330233071584.jpg (500x375, 44K)

I haven't had any issues with bugs. Not saying there isn't any, but it's not a big deal.

Nope, no one uses markdown, emojis, profile pics, and embeds except for dumb fucking NEETs with no life.

This looks kinda cool.
overtone.app/

Even Poozilla, leader of dead browsers, doesn't give a fuck about your dead platform. Meanwhile, schools and businesses are embracing it. People with actual lives, unlike you.

Attached: unknown.png (732x291, 20K)

Don't worry.

Selling your soul to the devil is an extra step towards better verification.

A lot of companies are doing it, so it's safe.

Attached: 1566040084958.png (1760x1384, 424K)

Matrix
You have to relly on other sites and you can't do VoIP in IRC

More proprietary centralized crap. If we are changing we should move to something open source at least and ideally decentralized / federated

ive had messages take long to arrive, notifications that i cant remove, everything is generally slow.

i really like riot and i use it regularly but lately its been a real piece of shit

How about Jami then, is she cool?
jami.net/

If you're on matrix.org, it's generally bogged down by the amount of volume that comes in, to the point where they no longer federate presence updates. Consider using a different homeserver, such as halogen.city or matrix.kiwifarms.net

>you can't do VoIP in IRC
that's what shit like Mumble is for

>Enjoy no markdown, embeds, profile pics and emoji
This but unironically.

testing 1 2
>>/dpt//

>Enjoy no markdown, embeds, profile pics and emoji.
you're supposed to be shitting on IRC in your reply, not trying to convince me to give it another chance

>overtone.app/
their desktop client is made in fucking Unity of all things. i wouldn't trust this company

>matrix.kiwifarms.net
took 2 minutes to load

Attached: its fucked.png (1337x149, 12K)

You clearly have no friends

>BFDI server
Kill yourself

Riot is a Javascript webclient that can be used alongside Matrix, and that client's load time shouldn't be considered indicative of how the homeserver itself performs, as these are separate components. Register for a homeserver through either of the portals linked, then log in from a client of your choice. Any standalone client should load much quicker.

matrix.org/clients/

yikes

>You have to relly on other sites
What does this mean? There has to be a server?

I'm so happy my account got deleted randomly. Dropped this shit while it was still in its infancy.

>mumble.
Speak for yourself.
Teamspeak > Mumble

absolutely proprietary

>le propietary software!
>zoomerss/nu-males!!!!
>muh irc
>muh privacy!

Can we post loli on Discord yet?

you can
nobody else can though

>forcing users to unlock their accounts with phone numbers
Are they seriously doing this? I literally only use Discord for scanlation, can't be fucked to give them my number for this.

Telegram

IRC is shit because most rooms are dead circlejerks
discord is shit too but there's a pretty universal shitposting culture that makes all rooms interchangeable.

Riot.im for chat, Mumble for VoIP.
Or just use Caprine/MessengerForDesktop because you and your friends are probably using Facebook already.

>Discord has always been shit
This.

Discord doesn't support Markdown. It has its own shitty markup that's loosely based on Markdown. If you want real Markdown (CommonMark), use Riot.im.

discord is utter garbage but I have to use it because it's the only thing my friends use

Riot.im is literal cancer, I never seen such a shitty software.
Their E2E is a total pain in the ass.
>you joined a chat? Good job! Now you have to enable E2E on every single of the 1000+ users in the chat room and wait for them to acknowledge your key to be able to read the chat!
>what's that? You just updated our shitty software? Tuff luck, you have to reauthorize the 1000+ users.
>random bug? Go back clicking those users one by one goy to authorize them again!
Garbage.

If you don't care about verifying their keys and are willing to blindly trust them, just click the "ignore" button. Chat will be marked as untrusted, but you'll be able to send messages to all members.

Even if you want to ignore the E2E, which imo defeat the whole purpose of this shit software, you have to ignore the E2E per user one by one, it's totally retarded.

Encryption is bloat, don't use it.

No, you can just click "send anyway" when you try to send a message. It will ignore all of them.
Also, if you want to verify, then by all means, do so and don't complain that you have to do what you wanted to! As for the client forgetting verifications: I haven't had that happen on client upgrade (don't clear your local storage!) and the UISI on federation failure bug was fixed a few weeks ago.

>18+ website
>Chat application for kids and mentally deranged high school drop outs
Why?

Literally kids cartoon shows channels on the left, zoomer version of gaia online conversation in the center.

Companies always were aware of the fact that kids (schools) are the main money spenders in every family, so guess what? They're adjusting themselves to use what the kids use - discord. Even if it's like 3 years after the release.

I'm all for IRC and FOSS in general, but you can disable all of that on Discord.

LMAO NERD JUST USE WINDOWS 95 HAHA IT'S GETS THE JOB DONE AND IT"S NOT A FUCKING BOTNET LMAO ZOOMERS I'M OLD SCHOOL TOUGH

I swear this cringy nerd elitism is the ultimate reddit experience
Discord is more smooth, has tons of features, people get into it easily, tons of communities without the interface/functional autism.
I can't take anyone seriously who still uses IRC
kys and kys again if you fail the first time

You either have to use something gay like imgur or create some custom solution for uploading multimedia.
Meatrix has all that and not a botnet.

>j-just install multiple programs to replace one that does it all!
>what do you mean you don't want to!
god you retards are stupid. you wonder why nobody uses your shitty grandpa software

Attached: yike (one).jpg (1200x675, 71K)

Rocket.chat is a self-hosted alternative to Slack and Discord minus voice chat, unfortunately it's Node/Mongo based webshit that just doesn't scale on the server side if you want to keep non-trivial amounts of chat backlog.

>if you aren't using the GAYMURS choice of VoIP instead of anything that isn't chink spyware then you're like totally lame and cringe bro

this is so tiresome you're stupid and ugly.
cope dilate boomer zoomer cringe kys have sex

this is why i hate reddit
full of autisticcatgirl2005 wannabes

Yes if you want to be reported to the authorities

>make a twitter account that requires email verification out of curiosity
>account gets locked like an hour later saying I need to put in a phone number to unlock it
>has a 'contact help/leave a message' link somewhere nearby
>call them out on their bullshit about needing a phone number when it had to be verified by email not even an hour prior, and that phone number wasn't mandatory even in their own signup bs
>gets unlocked the next day
I dont even use it but the fact things went a full 180 from how it used to be (the good old 'dont give personal information out to damn near anybody online) is something that just disgusts me.

>programs that excel at what they are designed to do
>one program that does a shitty job at multiple things
I'll take the multiple programs.

> getting better
Source?

gmail DOES NOT "make you do this". It is optional.

>not using volafile.org

ngmi

There was a short period of time where discord was actually good near its launch when several IRC groups moved there. It's nowhere near the same now though, and the ghost bans sound fucked.

This is not true, I said that because I experienced it, I was locked out of my account until I enabled 2FA, with my phone. I didn't do that, and starting using other things.

>Enjoy no markdown, embeds, profile pics and emoji.
That was the best bait I had see for long time.

IRC is perfectly fine. If you want special features like embeddings and emoji just use a client that supports that. And if it doesn't exist just implement it on your own. It shouldn't be too hard to parse links from a message and display them in a fancy box.
Just look at Twitch chat, last I remember they use IRC.

>I swear this cringy nerd elitism is the ultimate reddit experience
typical redditor is avid discord user tho
>Discord is more smooth
>electron
>smooth
pick one
>has tons of features
because a chatting program neds more than text and voip...
>people get into it easily
irc was used by gamers in the late 90 early 00, we had no problems organizing raids on everquest or pracs for cs 1.6.
Modern gamers are just spoonfed retards, they can't handle criticism and not having everything lvl1. Take a look at the shitheads that have mental breakdowns playing souls/sekiro because it's too hard.
>tons of communities without the interface/functional autism
>connected servers on the left
>users on the right
>chat in the middle
>chat box at the bottom
typical irc client...
>I can't take anyone seriously who still uses IRC
Developers around the world use irc because they don't want the distraction and the garbage (((feature-full))) (3-digit iq people call that bloat) interfaces.
>kys and kys again if you fail the first time
Zoomer baby-rage, don't reeee too loud of mommy will beat yo ass.

Discord is fucking trash. Some autistic fag in our group made us all switch from TS3 to discord and we all hate this zoomer cancer now. I'm literally booting up a fresh linux vm today so I can get TS3 back up. What a mistake this all turned out to be.

How many internets do you need to host a mumble/ts server?

dilate

A 5 dollar VPS will be more than enough. Same with mumble, a similar but libre VoIP server.

Yeah, let's be honest here. There's a reason discord QUICKLY took over as the standard for server/group interaction. It's got a ton of shit TeamSpeak can't hold a candle to and that's the sad truth.

Yeah, there is a reason but it's not the one you gave. It's because they had venture capital money to burn and a marketing team smart enough to appeal to the nu males, basedboys and nonces who flocked to their product and willingly gave them all their data for free.

How do these mouthbreathers survive their day?

Attached: 1567865437897.png (1052x717, 165K)

>muh elitism
You should just cut your own balls off at this point.

these zoomies were wired to the botnet as soon as they are born. Their parents are probably itoddler boomers who have no consideration for privacy, along with a complete lack of understanding in technology. They say that children will build the future, and I fear the future that these children will grow up to build.

Attached: img_eggsif_7658834550314344969.jpg (1296x968, 315K)

Talking to someone with your voice has a lot more depth than typing to them. I can't imagine that you're very socially affluent so I'm not taking you very seriously anyways

>Enjoy your empty rooms filled with idlers.
Do you use Discord ... ? It's hard to tell.

they made me send a picture of my photo id, my phone number, and MYSELF next to my photo id. needed my account because i own a server with 50k members for some shitty game i made, pays the bills

i feel your pain

>forcing users to unlock their accounts with phone numbers
So, you need to give yet another corporation more info about yourself which can be used against you via identity theft should it ever get leaked in any manner by said company and anyone they share that info with legally or otherwise?

Attached: discord.png (718x383, 157K)

Try doing something you've never done before. Have a face-to-face conversation.

Attached: index.jpg (275x183, 10K)

>skype
yes, switch from new botnet to a new botnet.

>skyke
>new

>he hasn't gone full blockchain yet

>Now that Discord is locking thousands of accounts everyday and forcing users to unlock their accounts with phone numbers
i logged in to check. my account is not locked. have any proof or links i can look at?

yeah, turn on a VPN and change your password or email or keep using that VPN for a few days

if you're scared of the boogeyman VPN, go to any random public wifi spot

if you're scared of leaving your house, fuck off

right. that all makes a bit more sense than op's brain fart.