/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming build skeletons and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to non-technically assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric games or ray tracing: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - budget performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PB72OrnSeQo
youtube.com/watch?v=uONwWk1Pa7U
pcpartpicker.com/list/KgVnTC
youtube.com/watch?v=og8BmansqN4
pcpartpicker.com/
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92
rentry.co/pcbg-more
youtube.com/watch?v=kM4P4RrExJ0
pcpartpicker.com/list/nTnnTC
hwinfo.com/download/
youtube.com/watch?v=AFv7rRYcEf8
uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jRrgTB
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

guys what do you think of my max temps etc

Attached: Screenshot (1).png (4480x1556, 2.76M)

Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread
Shill thread
>Shill thread

XFX Thicc ultra vs Red Devil vs Nitro+.

Which one is the best so far?

we're OK with that Chaim

NOO PLEASE BUY INTEL

Attached: 1544667387109.png (813x1402, 324K)

Reminder to not fall for der8auer lies

youtube.com/watch?v=PB72OrnSeQo

youtube.com/watch?v=uONwWk1Pa7U

>ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.
based

I'm a retard, turns out the BIOS was 2 or so months out of date, updated just now to V 3.20, August 29th it was released
who knows if that'll actually help though, I'll run userbenchmark again

Is there something obviously fucking abhorrent with this: pcpartpicker.com/list/KgVnTC

I plan on getting a new monitor , and would hope not to have to upgrade it for at last 3 years.

reminder derbauer is a literal cuck, do not trust anybody who curls less than 60 lbs on each arm

youtube.com/watch?v=og8BmansqN4

Is this legit guys? If I buy a 1660 right now, will it be beaten by a rx590 in the future?

updated the BIOS and it made no difference, still 0th fucking percentile, awful stuff
absolutely shit out of ideas besides hanging myself and selling this shit

www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20196187

Attached: yikes.png (1459x641, 117K)

AMD has recently been found to be lying about fixing their CPU boosting problems for the ryzen 3000 series. In the USA, due to price cuts, intel provides better value at the sub $200 market and $300+ market.
>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>How to assemble a PC
youtu.be/hGiAfMoYEjI?t=92

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming
>R3 3300G - Minimum 30-60fps gaming.
>i5 9400g - 60fps+ gaming CPU
>i7 9700k - Perfect gaming CPU for ultra settings 1080p and higher resolutions
>R7 1700 - Budget production
>i9 9900kf - Multithreaded version of the 9700k, perfect for gaming/streaming/productivity

RAM
>Do NOT use a single DIMM. 2 sticks for a typical dual channel CPU
>>Since zen2 does not benefit much from faster ram, 3000 CL15 is fine for both intel/amd builds.

GPUs
1080p
>RX 570/580 8GB - Can be found on sale/used for cheap. Look for 570s which are >1240MHz boost
>GTX 1660/TI / Vega56 - higher fps / more demanding games; only worth it on sale as normal cost is overpriced
>RX 5700 - higher FPS
1440p
>RX 5700 - standard, 70-100FPS+ gaming
>RX 5700XT - higher FPS
2160p (4K)
>RX 5700XT/2070S - budget option. Upscale with RIS/CAS
>2080Ti - best for 4K, but poor value

>RX 570/580 stock is becoming limited as RX 5600 launch approaches

General
>Yes, adaptive sync (g/free-sync) is important for gaming
>HDD are defunct except for servers, NAS, and sub-$400 builds; SSDs are cheap now
>Beware sites which rank CPUs by arbitrary, obfuscated scores (eg userbenchmark, passmark, cpuboss), and comparisons which only use averages and not 1% minimums nor framegraphs
>AM4 VRMs, Monitors & Storage/SSD guidelines under "more"

more rentry.co/pcbg-more
previous

I dumpster dived a Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (SB0610). Is it still worth using or are modern onboard audio better now? realtek 1150

Attached: Sound Blaster Audigy 4 (SB0610).jpg (1600x1473, 347K)

what is the intel equivalent of 2600 for gaming? I need something that won't bottleneck 1070ti

Kek.

you have something seriously wrong with your system, like maybe a fucked up psu or most likely I would bet on a faulty motherboard
can you post some pics of your build so we can see if you're doing something completely retarded

The 9400f BEATS the 2600 AND the 3600 in gaming, it doesn't matter if it's just 6/6 (amd fanboys won't tell you this)

im the guy vwith the 3900x. i told you, post your hwinfo with the sensors marked. hit printscreen and check your photos folder if you dont know how to take a screenshot. you probabnly seated the processor without thermal paste or some shit

?

will do

maybe you bent the pins on your cpu or something, what's weird is to be able to get it to work at all when it's that fucked up

even with security vulns patched?

High end 2070s are only ~ 75$USD more than high end 5700xt.

Is this a fucking joke.

Attached: Acrofat.gif (240x244, 2M)

where? I see the good evga and asus 2070 supers as $150 more than a good 5700 xt

Should have added that I'm talking about my cucked country.

Attached: 1482293500337.gif (600x600, 1.96M)

Iunno hows the etiqette here about reposting if you get ignored, so sorry if I'm being a fuckbag.

WIth that out of the way, will this serve as something workable for gaming on for the coming 3-5 years: ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og8BmansqN4?

The Intel 660p is perfectly fine

So in the end vega wasnt an issue. I plugged my vega into different pc and it works fine, at the same time i plugged my old gpu into my new pc and it also doesnt work. Is it possible my mobo is dead despite the fact that everything starts up? Maybe its my gpu slot?

Cucknada

Attached: 1527864762507.jpg (634x483, 35K)

thats not hw info. hwinfo will include the temps of all relevant components. download it and post the whole fucking thing, the voltages are mostly irrelevant

Loioooolllllllll pwned

Attached: 15686559403226539022328748801223.jpg (5184x3880, 1.54M)

best I can do for now, tempted to undo the CPU and check just how fucked it is

Attached: IMAG0568_1.jpg (1512x2163, 449K)

Consider cpu and thread usage.

Attached: Screenshot_20190917-014208_YouTube.jpg (2280x1080, 1.07M)

post your hwinfo with all temps

?
hmmm lets see
>1 tb for 164 dollars vs 2 tb for 180 dollars
yeah no thanks would rather get the larger drive

AMD 2500U beats Intel at their own game.
15W CPU outperforms 35W TDP CPU in laptops.

Just helped my friend build her first gaming PC. I want to get her setup with Windows 10, but am wondering what version is really necessary. I know I c an use the Toolkit from /sqt/'s pastebin to activate any version for free.

Attached: 1545558835852.gif (300x200, 34K)

Okay, so when you play games Intel is better, when you play MSI Afterburner AMD is better.

Is the MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC Socket AM4 the best B450 mobo for 3700X?

If you manage to update the bios before puting 3700X in, it is a good board.

Nitro+. Red Devil on it's heels though. Skip XFX as always.

Inland Premium 1tb or the Samsung 970 Plus?

your real choice is inland or sabrent rocket

Do you know if the nitro+ will have the same coil whine issues as the pulse?

How about the adata SX8200?

I'm trying to use an old LCD tv as an extra display.
it's a Philips 37PF9986/12 with a 37" screen.
Apparently the default res is 1366 x 768, but this looks pretty weird and too big.
There are also black bars on each side of the screen.
What other reasonable settings could I try?

Attached: 37PF9986_12-IMS-en_GB.png (230x230, 23K)

Not sure what this is supposed to prove, but it looks to me like the left is better. More consistent frametimes, full GPU utilization, and higher framerate

660p 2tb

how is tech deals so based

My pulse doesn't have coil whine. Where are people hearing this coil whine issue from? is there a review I missed that had a complaint about coil whine? I've seen nearly all reviews for the pulse and none said anything about it.

its literally shill campaigns and mass hysteria

He's the least autistic and he actually talks about how good tech is for what you'll actually use it for

I need to choose between
HP EX920 and Intel 660q
I will be getting a 1tb drive as they are quite expensive here, and realistically it'll take me at least a year to fill it, i'll buy more storage when i need it, and it will be cheaper

Anons, how fucked is a CPU if a few pins are slightly bent? My friend just built their first PC and had me come look at it since it won't boot up, they did everything right except it looks like they fucked up the CPU installation. I went to reseat it and noticed three of the pins in one corner were bent almost horizontally. Grabbed my tweezers and straightened them all out to the point where I can't even tell which ones were bent anymore, but even after reseating the CPU the motherboard still reads no CPU or a failed one.

I'm assuming it's because those pins were bent the first time they were installed, but I'm not sure whether to recommend they send it back and try to get a replacement free or if I'm just missing something that they can do to fix it themselves. All parts are compatible, new, and properly installed aside from the CPU.

this then?

Attached: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.png (1484x976, 256K)

>mfw the MSI Evoke isn't better than the reference blowercooler

Attached: 22f48507f5b6d1943e7bdce1516d9ebb.jpg (500x397, 40K)

Download passmark and run cpu

tech deals is one of the very few youtubers focused on value and the bottom line for consumers, he's just extremely pragmatic

You sure the BIOS is up to date?

based retard friend

Really just rma it. Say the pins were bent when you got it and you tried to fix it.
Better yet just say you installed it and it didn't work. You should still be in the 7 day return policy

based chad deals

Panasonic Blu-ray: $99
32' LCD TV: $299
LG 42' HDTV: $489

After you download passmark or cpumark and run it leave hwinfo open and then post a screenshot of the new values when its done running

No, this is something else I considered but I don't know enough about it to fix it.
Honestly I'm impressed he got as much right as he did, it was pretty flawless work outside of cavemanning the CPU into its socket.
This is what I will probably recommend he do. If a new CPU still doesn't work then I guess I gotta learn how to fuck with the BIOS when you can't even get to the BIOS.

lower than average but definitely not 0th percentile
I'll post the updated

Attached: om.png (1920x992, 87K)

Thats still bad for a 3600, lets see if the hwinfo reveals something wonky

Alright bros, gonna disassemble most of my PC in preparation for the upgrade. Any tips before I get started?

Attached: gerld.jpg (1200x675, 72K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/nTnnTC

possible upgrade path?
I was thinking about adding a video card or do you think with that I have to upgrade the cpu also?

did it again, 6306
here's the HWinfo after running cpu mark twice

Attached: new111.png (1514x952, 247K)

hwinfo.com/download/
download the beta, its up to date for ryzen 3

>memory clock 1066
enable youre xmp profile for the dimms

if I was you I would take it into a local computer store and ask them to figure out what was wrong, you have something deeply fucked up

ladies and gentlemen: we got him.

Unbelievable. Looks fine. Something is fucked. Although i would expect higher temps. Something is very fucked here. Download memtest 86 i think it is and see if you get errors like crazy. Just a standard memtest that doesnt require usb boot

Thats not it at all. The scores wouldnt be so low

pls respond

Attached: 1538277769113.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

oops, already did that before but I guess it switched back after updating the BIOS, didn't change anything then either

already paid some bloke to come round and tell me to get a new PSU which I did, can't believe I'm considering paying him again to sort this shit out

no idea what's going on, I'd say maybe the pins are fucked on the CPU but I'm really not sure
I've downloaded a dozen test programs and none seem to get me anywhere closer to the truth

Based Chad Deals. Eats Jow Forums tech memes and craps real hard facts. Real world performance and real world pricing.

He also recommends buying prebuilt 9400F system. Dabbing on AMD shills every day.

youtube.com/watch?v=AFv7rRYcEf8

Home or Pro, doesn't really matter.

Are you around london/ tooting

this video was extremely good, wonder if it will be able to get people to stop putting garbage drives or overpriced ones in their builds dozens of times a day

For a boot and main drive
Intel 660p
HP EX920
Which one?
How

>AMD has recently been found to be lying about fixing their CPU boosting problems for the ryzen 3000 series. In the USA, due to price cuts, intel provides better value at the sub $200 market and $300+ market.
well shit can't SOMEONE be the good-guy in the pc-game and deliver on what they sell for a reasonable price?

my dumb ASRock intel board died and i wanted to get an amd board + chip for below $400. now i'm hearing about this...

Attached: 1448384091121.png (1856x1651, 1.29M)

East Midlands

How did you install windows 10? Do you have another cpu that worked in the mobo?

Run the memtest

chad deals says 660p, so 660p

but I would get the sabrent rocket

Just get an Asus board and enjoy your superior performance in 95% of daily tasks.

why would you have to update it first?

Intel is spreading FUD and is using the eternal cuckold kraut to do it. The recent BIOS update provides a noticeable boost in performance. For $400 I'd recommend a B450 + 3600.

my favorite part of the video was when chad deals calls out reddit and says in polite words that they're completely retarded

Attached: vs.jpg (1920x1080, 528K)

>BIOS
What motherboard and CPU?

Thoughts? uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/jRrgTB

Either going to get the Red Devil or Sapphire Pulse.

Mainly want it for the odd game, Cyberpunk, Monster Hunter, Doom Eternal for examples. Monitor is currently 1080p 60hz but will be upgrading to a 1440p 144hz in ther next few months.

Attached: witcher3.png (674x386, 14K)

Do you just game? Intel is best scores for pure gaming. Do you do literally anything else on your pc besides gaming? AMD is better because all their processors have hyperthreading.

delete this

pls answer

intel is only the best for gaming if you're talking about the 9900k, at midrange and the low end amd is the same or better