How do I maximize my wifi speed for my entertainment room pc. I need less lag for online play, lads...

How do I maximize my wifi speed for my entertainment room pc. I need less lag for online play, lads. Hooking up a cable to the router is NOT an option.

Attached: 1562732695510.png (292x173, 3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B00JNA337K
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Put it in your ass

Cable could provide least lag. That said of yoi seek wireless connection between router and PC you will definitely want 5GHz connection. Bear in mind it's fast but has horrible penetration and works best in one room,although after 3 meters you may get slower speed than standing next to th router. 5GHz band is so wide you shouldn't get any signal overlaps. If you are limited to 2.4GHz then get some kind of wifi analyzer and find least cluttered channel and use it. IIRC Apple products had problems when WiFi was on channel 13, not sure if they ever fixed that

If the router is yours, replace the antena with a bigger one. Otherwise get another router, flash open-wrt or ddwrt, give it a bigger antena and use it as a WiFi to Ethernet reciver, most of WiFi USB dongles and PCI cards are shit for that

Use a WiFi cable

Identify the slowdown. Is your signal good? What's your SNR?

how do I determine this?

Latency is really a factor of distance, obstructions, and your wifi card and wifi access point (or wireless router).

You can try using DFS with 80 or 160mhz channel width if your computer wifi card can use those features.

i have a $10 usb wifi stick

>i have a $10 usb wifi stick
There's your problem

lol

run an ethernet cable

use powerline

Stop posting if this is true

That's like someone bitching to /o/ that they spend 500 on a car and wonders why it won't go 200mph

i actually had an antenna card at one point but it quickly completely broke and the $10 usb stick actually still works.

Any recommendations on a card that's not a piece of shit?

gay men

>I need less lag for online play, lads
buy a better router or wifi dongle? are you really this intellectually disabled?
>Hooking up a cable to the router is NOT an option
>i have a $10 usb wifi stick
oh, you are intellectually disabled. seek help, faggot.

>Any recommendations on a card that's not a piece of shit?
amazon.com/dp/B00JNA337K

I just ordered it user. Wish me luck.

Attached: 1549610306452.jpg (959x922, 157K)

If your router is shit, or you're too far away with a ton of walls, it's still gonna be shit.

But a better card will help