Now hiring for a java intern

>Now hiring for a java intern
>Must have an intern degree with 10 years of experience
>$40,000 starting

Attached: source[1].gif (426x213, 3.68M)

>graduated college with a stem degree in 2005
>still don't make $40k/year

Attached: efd.jpg (403x392, 40K)

Graduating internet/web b.s. in December.

Already have a job making 85k

Barely know what im doing lol

the manager of a mcdonalds makes $40k a year lol, you can thank the streetshitters for fucking up the IT job payscales

>applying to be unpayed intern fixing html errors
>must have at least 10 years of experience
>must have PhD in intern theory
>must be at least 6'2"
>have to prove i've had sex at least 20 times in the last month
damn

>sysadmin position open at PRESTIGIOUS fintech company voted best rising star in East Cowtown County, KY.
>Must know python, powershell, ESXi, windows, advanced networking, desktop support, furniture repair
>MUST HE ROTSTING IN CALL 3 WEEKS OUT OF EVERY MONTH WITH BACKUP AVAILABILITY 4TH WEEK OF EVERY MONTH
>Highly competitive salary of 45k a month, 2 weeks PTO.

>Be in dollarydooland
>Found school boring, didn't get into uni
>Purchase PC Repair shop
>Turnover $250,000 a year doing SSD upgrades, building new PCs and shitposting on Jow Forums

Attached: 138-1389637_30-dec-2017-smug-anime-girl-face-hd[1].jpg (840x1066, 383K)

>fuck up in school
>see basically empty booth at career fair at senior year
>95k starting

Attached: 1540076297649.jpg (320x320, 49K)

I've thought about doing some sort of build-a-bear PC shop Dads and their (wife's) sons can come in and spend the day learning, repairing and building various computers and systems. Bit of a niche thing and since brick/mortar shops are few and far between in Victorua I figued I'd dream up something.

How hard was it to break out into that market, if you aren't bullshitting of course. Is it because you were a white storefront instead of asian? Seems saturated to be honest.

Definitely over saturated in metro areas. You need to be in regional areas for this kind of business to work properly. Also pays dividends to not be an arrogant prick. As they say, 2 ears for listening 1 mouth for speaking. The company I bought has been around for over 20 years so there is also a fiercely loyal customer base I can rely on. Also I am a one man operation so prepared to lose nights and weekends because of random jobs that appear out of nowhere.

how do you fail this badly in life

wish they went into the trades like the mexicans

mostly shitty parenting and being an introvert.

>>graduated college with a stem degree in 2005
>>still don't make $40k/year
What country do you live in?

how do we get people to leave computer based jobs and go do manual labor

USA

you could make more as a dumpster dude

You probably live in some state with no IT jobs. I feel bad for you man

Not being able to get out of your shitty town with no jobs

i live in virginia

>tfw dropout
>tfw no student debt
>tfw $40k/year IT contracting

wtf i live there too am i destined to be a loser like you?

nah i have a multiyear break in my resume where i was NEET. every HR person who sees my resume throws it out because of this.

>graduated in 2011 with stem degree
>still unemployed
I should just give up

Attached: 1465923660190.jpg (1149x659, 502K)

I don't know how you guys fuck up this job thing so hard. Here's something I've witnessed in the last year or so:

>Girl is a friend of a friend
>She works for Patreon doing content moderation, basically removing dick picks and stuff
>Gets paid lmao 25k or something like that (and this is in the Bay Area)
>She starts taking coding classes on the weekends, paid for by her employer
>After a few months of that, she switches to software development where she does boring HTML/CSS/Javascript all day
>She also now gets paid like 120k
>She starts abusing the shit out of her unlimited vacation policy
>She'll give her team a weeks notice that she's taking a 2-3 week trip to Europe or some shit
>Friends try to tell her this is unprofessional, she defiantly says "They can't fire me I have unlimited vacation"
>She takes like three months of vacation in like a 6 month period
>Gets actually fired for not getting any work done
>Within a week she's been rehired by another company to do the same boring front end shit at about the same pay

I think about this every time someone on Jow Forums says they can't get a job.

Diversity hire much?

What the fuck? I thought it was bad taking a year and some change for me to find a job

>Girl
Well, problem solved. I lost count how many times my super would voice his complaints about diversity hires to me (even though I was a diversity hire).

Attached: 1379293881093.jpg (543x522, 143K)

Goes to show user, there is always someone worse off

Wait i thought being neet was redpilled. Ive been neet for about a year now because people shilled it so hard and I have a situation where im allowed to be NEET.

Go teach high school somewhere.
They're always whining about not having enough science and math teachers.

Such is life as a junior. Then you will gitgud, and just when you do, the world will leave you behind for another pile of random tech. Have fun trying to keep up or break into management.

Attached: Copper_Phtalocyanine_Blue.jpg (258x178, 7K)

How do YOU fail this badly in getting sixsts

>stem
Just admit you're another stupid CS major that ignored all the warning about the market being massively overcrowded.

Attached: 1367463535542.jpg (271x292, 20K)

why dont you just make some shit up to fill the gap

Dude, don't ever be NEET if you can help it.
Getting a job is like getting a gf, you're more appealing if you already have one.

oh i've tried. do you have any idea how many fake stories you have to make up to fill a gap of 8 years?

you need to have good grades too

i have 3 but 8 just sounds insane

>ignored all the warning about the market being massively overcrowded.

Attached: 1463521602904.png (570x558, 145K)

what warnings

Seriously india pumping millions of people into the field a decade before should have been a red flag.

cyber security still seems like a viable option for now

>8 year gap
First 2 years some random retail job
Second 2 years school for IT certs
Then 2 years of IT help desk
Then 2 years of freelance work, bullshit it up on GitHub

There fixed

Cyber security only takes ex military and police.

It's bullshit

well help desk and retail arent really gaps, maybe you just arent looking hard enough

Based Jow Forums hackermen.
I’m taking my OSCP in a few weeks time, meanwhile I’m practicing on easy-medium boxes on HTB.

>ex military and police
what the fuck are those brainlets gonna do?

>t. retarded nigger who doesn’t know females get handed everything in STEM

what do you use to study for that? got my sec+ but just been binge watching proffesor messer videos

Gonna try and break free of the NEET life in the coming months.
Any advice for me Anons?

Attached: a gentleman and a scholar.jpg (712x584, 59K)

lmao. You don't even have to finish school, nigger.

How the actual fuck do you manage sub $40k after that long? Poster needs to get the fuck out of wherever he is.

HAHAHA GOOD LUCK

become a plumber

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 6K)

ippsec HTB walkthroughs.

whoosh... the user you replied to was telling the other user how to lie (albeit poorly)

fooled me

in case anyone thought I was kidding, STEM jobs are a joke

Attached: niggers.jpg (799x307, 51K)

don't be so quick to discount former military, some of those dudes are really sharp

>B.A in History
>80k a year

Attached: 1545452960543.png (3952x2411, 465K)

what do you do?

now show the average programmer salary

You actually can't teach high school in most places without having some kind of specialized teaching degree and being in the teachers' union. It's kind of a scam.

nobody told me. Actually they came to my high school and specifically said there were more jobs than people to fill them and that's why I decided to do the degree. Then I get the degree and can't get a job anywhere. I finally landed on a webdev gig at least but sometimes I wish I just did a trade. Maybe if I lived in America it would be different but in Canada it's brutal trying to find something

>Going into Uni
>Thought about CS degree.
>New Programming already.
>Saw the massive number of literal retards in the class first day.
>Couldn't tell what a function was or how to use a pointer.
>Immediately switched tracks
>Get Masters in Physics
>Do programming work on the side (No degree or "experience") made easily 50k+ just doing that.
>Get job after internship at State lab.
>80k offer
>Second year at lab, on a team working on a DoD contract.
>Promoted to Project lead for my division
>Now 110k.

The meme's are real. Poo's took over programming jobs for pennies and they were shit at it, my job at college had me fixing Poo code most of the day. But the real enemy are the fucking Asians. Little fuckers are all over Stem degree's in Physics/Chemistry/BioEngi. 4 out of 7 of my team is Asian.

Lol wat?

Attached: 1506231724807.png (1200x600, 1.09M)