Web Nostalgia

What's the weirdest thing you've downloaded on rapidshare?

>2009
>Wanted to watch pulp fiction
>Found a link on a weird forum site
>aXXo_Pulp_Friction_1994_1080p_(Free-Ipad)-700gb
>open as VLC
>movie starts with Vincent and Jules talking in front of a door.
>Vincent knocks on the door
>door opens and they see a hot babe
>They all fuck.

I can see why people like this film.
I miss the good old rapidshare days.

Attached: rapidshare_logo.jpg (1600x900, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/THEINTERNETOnApril4th1998
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: kamaleon2-1.jpg (402x459, 23K)

Attached: Muo3.jpg (800x600, 515K)

god I miss 2007

Attached: bceaa976-6449-4f8d-b65c-1803b6bb74d4_2_full.png.jpg (870x532, 76K)

Attached: 1535327291988.jpg (960x768, 243K)

archive.org/details/THEINTERNETOnApril4th1998

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 15K)

Attached: nvm fount it.png (1011x560, 83K)

this is nostalgic if you're some faggot zoomer
nobody cares that you were here for the rise of web 2.0

Nobody cares how many cards you had to punch to run a basic operation either, pops.

>tfw people are already nostalgic for things that you were too old to give a shit about when they were happening

Attached: 90sboomer.jpg (977x689, 194K)

I stopped to enjoy myself when good things were happening.

Attached: 1544300201444-3.jpg (634x895, 180K)

The Rapidshare and Megaupload times were based. I weep for the files lost after the death of Megaupload.

based

Nothing, rapidshare was total shit. Always avoided it like the plague.

absolute cancer
> posts cancer image
> and what a surprise.. user is literal cancer with the IQ of wet sand
zoom-zoom, computer illiterate.

this entire thread is FULL of clueless fucking zoomers. according to you dumb faggots, this thread is nostalgia! lmao. 100% embarrassing.

>Nothing, rapidshare was total shit. Always avoided it like the plague.
it was, and will forever be, complete trash. the only people that were using this site were dumb cunts.

Rapidshare was absolute shit.

This.
Rapidshare was the first file host to use wait timers for non-premium users. When you finally could download, it was like throttled to 100kb/s, and that's assuming the file wasn't deleted since they often purged files.

Thankfully glorious MegaUpload existed during the same time frame and it started gaining far more popularity. During Happy hour you could download with no limits. Pretty much everyone was using Megaupload so it was very easy to get things you wanted fast. Direct Download was superior during that time.

Just shut the fuck up, you sperg.

>he didn't have rapidshare premium
sucks to be you it was based as heck

Attached: 1555257778643.png (860x844, 199K)

It was always shit. You can't argue with this.

I think what bothers me most is realising I don't miss the technology so much. I'm nostalgic for it, but it had objective problems, flaws and frustrations compared to what is available today. What I really miss is the way people interacted with the technology, the way technology shaped behaviours. It still does, but it shapes them in ways that are less comfortable to me, and I can't see that changing for the better. The technology has improved, but perversely this has lead people to interact with it in a less optimal way.

I miss the days of 9999x 99b+ servers where you'd 1shot everything and PK each other. I remember playing this on the integrated graphics of my Pentium III at 5fps.

oh fuck yes. i want to host my own server but most servers seem ridden with viruses. :-/
they were fun but got old quickly. hard servers were the shit.
it was better than nothing. dloaded bunch of shit from there and megaupload using jdownloader.