I'm a boomer trying to get back into PC gaming, so I loaded up Doom (2016 version) & tried to play. After about an hour...

I'm a boomer trying to get back into PC gaming, so I loaded up Doom (2016 version) & tried to play. After about an hour, I felt a little motion sick & wanted to tear my eyes out.

This is the first time I've played a game on this particular computer. Monitor is 27" 4K IPS (60Hz), video card is RX 570 4GB, and I'm running the game in fullscreen at 1920x1080 with recommended settings.

Are the problems with my game settings, my 60Hz monitor, or just because I'm a console faggot?

Attached: FUCK.jpg (1000x563, 310K)

games suck and are for gays

motion sickness is caused by two settings:
motion blur: disable it
FOV (field of view): max it out as far as possible

I never felt motion sickness while playing a game in my life but then I played Dying Light and I couldn't figure why I was sick until i knew about what i mentioned to you above. give it a shot and let us know boomer user.

Noted

I have motion blur set to high and FOV set to 90, so whoops. Will adjust & report back - thanks, wise user.

be an adult and stop playing games

People without social skills tend to have this idea that adults don't play games and generally don't have fun by other means. You can easily spot them when they say this type of nonsense. Ironically, some of them are weebs and kill time ricing Linux.

UPDATE: That did it - thanks man!! Now the only thing I have to worry about is how shitty I am at PC gaming.

yea playing games was a great way to network with other people in my 20s desu.

It's not that video games as a medium of entertainment are bad. Most current games are just beyond awful.

Play Minecraft like a true patrician.

But yeah FOV and motion blur will fuck you up

how do you get used to mouse and keys? i find it hard to crouch/reload/interact when my fingers are always on wsad to move

that doesnt matter
just have fun

put crouch to alt, cus then you just have to move your thumb a bit left from the jump button

stop worrying about reload your character will reload when he runs out of ammo automatically, put interact on one of the mouse keys like, middle click or a side button

Attached: 1517157013619.jpg (620x515, 66K)

Yeah, I was originally worried about my monitor refresh rate based on what I was reading around here. Gaming at 60Hz really isn't bad though.

Back when I used to do more PC gaming, I used to use the number pad. Found it easier to hit the buttons without looking. Just fuck with the key bindings until you find something that works for you.

Thanks man - I forgot how much more control you get in games with a mouse.

Just play the good ones. Like doom 2016

>I used to use the number pad.
damn, so you weren't memeing when you said you were a boomer.
Enjoy the disappointing and constant flow of AAA lootbox garbage games.

I've tried all sorts of left hand game pads over the years and rarely found any game that supports analog movement working with the mouse. These days I just don't bother and use an Xbox controller. I never play online competitive anything anyway.

tjanks frens, have been on ekbox all my life and want to get into PC gayming for halo infinite. will try what ya said

Attached: 1472698933445.png (195x193, 38K)

Haven't seen anyone mention anything on it but fyi playing 1080p on a 4k monitor is dogshit. Do yourself a favor an get a high refresh rate 1080p monitor or a better gpu to actually utilize your 4k monitor.

The scaling isn't great, but I expected that. Would rather keep my expensive monitor now & upgrade to a 4K-capable card later in a couple years when they don't cost $1000.

Tangential, but how does 1080p upscaled on a 4k monitor look? I want to upgrade to a 1440p or 4k monitor, but don't wanna have to buy an expensive graphics card to play at native resolution.

Turn off TAA or all AA and motion blur.

this, the implementation of TAA is absolute eyesore specially on games like kingdom come.

TAA is garbage
period
It is one of the cheapest and shittiest ways for devs to cover up their shitty aliasied models and textures.

why are you so selfish ? why did you ruin the economy ? why did you betray a world that was just done with blood and destruction ?

>t. crybabby blame it on others xoomer
kill yourself, you are the reason why young people aren't taken seriously.

I'm not a literal baby boomer, just in my 30s. Things were already heading south when I entered the workforce, I just didn't whine about it.

See Its shit. You'd be better off upscaling a game to 1440p on a 1080p monitor than the other way around. Why do you want to upgrade to a higher resolution if you can't even use it? That's like dropping a v8 crate engine into a 4banger engine bay and not upgrading any fuel or ignition.

literally this holy shit you made the low life weebs upset. i apologize for my generation's curtness

agreed. Many also shirk social media of any measure as they say its for 'children'. There is this theme with them of trying to appear much more mature than their peers, and this is how it comes off - elitist, tone deaf, and socially ackward, as many use social media to network, and many times now, most from their mid20s and up grew up in homes with games in a social setting (early online games as well as party games etc (the 'mario party/myspace' generation, if you will).

I usually put crouch on C, interact on E and reload on the lower thumb mouse button (the one you you might use to return to the previous page in your browser). Works like a charm

Have you tried changing the field of view (fov) higher?
I recommend 100, but try out different settings.
Other than that you could try turning off motion blur.

I think social media is more for us older folks than the younger generation.

When you get older, your friends are all busy with work/family/life, and you realize you hate everyone anyway. So social media is a way of keeping in touch with people whenever it's convenient.

with nearest neighbor it should look identical to a native 1080p display
bilinear will look disgusting

ALWAYS disable motion blur and adjust FOV.

>Why do you want to upgrade to a higher resolution if you can't even use it?
I don't wanna upgrade for gaming, wanna upgrade for the extra screen space for working. Dual monitors is more hassle than just having a single larger screen.

I bet recommended settings include motion blur and depth of field and film grain
turn those off
then turn off TXAA

Give it a bit and try changing the settings back, it could be your mind was just not used to the motion of games.