What it is like to work on big companies like google, facebook, microsoft, etc...

What it is like to work on big companies like google, facebook, microsoft, etc.? is it true that only super smart people get to work on these companies? is not enough to just not be totally stupid?

Attached: photo_2017-03-31_14-42-12.jpg (965x1280, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s1k5N2N3GV4o
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1568662236295.jpg (736x509, 62K)

Leave her alone, she's married

No.

Attached: 1540596688319.jpg (346x450, 22K)

I work for MS, whatchu wanna know?

Its all yes-men. Nothing more nothing less. Usually the most pencilnecked people work for these types of companies.

You can't even imagine. It's seriously cooler than you think. Like at google, facebook, etc almost every employee is pretty young and attractive, lots of sexy women with tight skirts and heels, and young hotshot dudes trying to make it, and all of them are educated and know a lot about computers and go to bars after work. It's like some movie where interesting stuff with beautiful people always happens, but its real life

The dumbest girl in my major who can’t code worth a shit and only graduated because she copied incels homework got an extremely high paying job at MS and later left and went with google. So I guess being a fairly attractive Asian girl can get you there

That doesn't happen. The basic most entry to barrier is 2-3 leetcode medium + a hard. It's not at all trivial and you probably had no idea what she was actually up to. One thing asians love to do is sandbag and say they don't study at all because it keeps competition lazy

No, she’s definitely fucking retarded. I forgot to mention that I think she got non technical positions, but they were still like 100k+ starting.

She’s not a fresh off the boat Asian, either. Acts like a white thot

cheatzilla

I've worked at 2 of the FAANG companies so far.

Honestly they are overrated. Yeah the pay is good but the average tenure at these companies is between 12-18 months FOR GOOD REASON - people leave all the fucking time.

1) You have to live in the bay area or seattle, both of which are shitty in their own ways.
2) Your team is a complete gamble, could be good, could be shit.
3) Since the companies are massive, you will almost always be working on some extremely small insignificant meaningless piece of technology. After a few months of this, the existential dread will hit you hard as fuck.
4) Most people relocate to join these companies, so it is extremely hard to "put down roots" and feel like you are settled working there

DESU most people I know work at these companies for 2-4 years and then end up going back home to whatever flyover state/country they are from. It takes them that amount of time to realize: money+big company < family+friends+smaller company

All the people who've left seem happier

>After a few months of this, the existential dread will hit you hard as fuck
Those kind of people are mentally defective and are stuck between being comfortable as part of a larger ecosystem and breaking out on their own, the kind who might try a failed business once or twice and then quit because they have half a mind to try something big but not the chutzpah to carry onto success. Most jobs are completely menial and purposeless, many are even do-nothing made up work, you should just take it easy and rake in the dough or move on and literally make something of yourself.

> or move on and literally make something of yourself
The comment you are replying to literally says people move on due to this (presumably to try something else)... did you even read it?

No, what they did is regress back into their small town roots and dumpster their careers. They're just returning to their safe space

how much do you earn? is it comfy or stressful? what do you do? is hard to land a job there?

This. Jow Forums won't fess up to ti tho

Not him but.
>earning?
I am not talking about my salary
>Comfy or stressful?
I just arrived to the US so relocation is a bit of a pain at the beginning, the work is as hard as you want to get it, there is a huge competition tho. I feel everyone pushes himself to be plenty useful.
>what do you do
.Net core libraries
>is hard to land the job?
not really, but I spent a shit ton of time to get ready for the interview.

Attached: IMG_49.png (615x335, 244K)

Why does her being married mean she can't feed the less fortunate with her breasts? Bigot

manjaw

>bay area or seattle, both of which are shitty in their own ways.
I think if you're asian, the bay is one of the best places to live in the country.

I get about 83K a year, but i work close to 50 hours a week, sometimes as few as 30. it depends

its pretty comfy, but that depends where you work on campus. I work on a satellite campus not far from the main campus

I specialize in device intrusion detection and prevention, so hardware based security

just prove your doing your job and put in an effort and they won't get mad you. many new people at ms don't do anything for 11 months and then get shit canned. its pretty sad actually

>many new people at ms don't do anything for 11 months and then get shit canned.
is that why windows sucks or is it just a shit architecture?

do they force you to use windows at work?

What city do you live in? Salary doesn't mean much without the context of where you're living. Also, are you getting stick options or other non-salary compensation?

>is it true that only super smart people get to work on these companies?
Yes most people who work there are very smart. It is the default. They aren’t jerks about it but people are smart. Everyone is efficient and good at what they do. Marketing is great at marketing but don’t expect them to be engineers, Vice versa although there is overlap too.

I was MS intern and fucked a bunch of other interns. It’s like they hired all the hot chicks not gonna lie.

Fact is, this shit sells itself and there’s like 10% of the company workforce that is mission critical. The rest is just so we can LARP as a big company and justify our market cap.

The world is yours user, go and take it.

That's a white girl problem but she's got great features

Can i have sex at work there if it helps me? Gay sex? Poop in my garbage can? Cum on my screen? It it boosts productivity they allow it.

Of course not. Why would they hire super smart people with super high salary to do code monkey tasks? They are so large they can't just do only hard problems and innovations. Someone has to do designs, tests, fix bugs, etc.

*stock

So they hire super dumb people with super high salary to do code monkey tasks?

you can go for the stock and 401k options but i don't. i have other ambitions and I need money for that. i want to move to IBM or another more hardware orientated company. I work at the Redmond Campus in WA but i live in Granite Falls, its a commute but I don't mind it. I show up early, leave early. mine is above average here. most people make around 75Kish, lowest I've ever heard of was some dude working for UI stuff for Office for Mac making 63K. Salary is a touchy thing here and I don't understand why people get so butt blasted over it. Most people immediately get hired and go out buy a brand new tesla, BMW, Lexus, or Merc and then when they get sacked, and have the car repo'd
Its mostly new college grads. they'll get hired, get assigned to a team, and even then, you don't "work" till for almost 4 months. Its mainly getting you integrated, and getting to know your team. Most people don't leave that mindset and start just goofing off all the time. Most of the newbies get thrown into stuff that if they breach the NDA, its not a big deal, getting into stuff that applies to the OS requires you become trusted with the security aspect of things.

Its why MS has HUGE yearly layoffs. If you're nice about it, even if you did dick, they'll set you up with a severance pay package and get you a free class to prune up your resume and sometimes basically hand you off to other companies (at a lower pay of course).

Attached: 1560575786827.jpg (1920x1763, 539K)

Haha yes that shit was so cash. I have sex to HAHAHAHA

Nigger what the actual fuck. Im doing 95k amd looking at a 30% bump end of year doing glorified tech support remotely in the middle of nowhere. No high CoL and no commute. Even set my own hours.

Tell your manager he's a street shitting nigger and to give you the other 40k of your salary right now.

What company is this, or are you larping?

Like i said, its not my goal to stay. im putting in my 2 weeks in February when I know that IBM will be wanting more people.

No, they hire both stupid and smart.

>google
>faceberg
>beautiful looking people
yeah sure bud. enjoy your mixed mutts I guess

>not talking about your made up jobs salary
back to r eddit u lil nig

Working at said companies is the new nobility.

Well, I once worked as an night office cleaner while getting my Java Certificate and we cleaned some office that was hired by Google for something. Anyway, since I wanted to get into computers I chatted up the Google employees and learned something.

New hires are given a chair budget. Enough for a herman miller or an x-chair. That made me think those bastards are lucky. My first java job's chair was a plastic round bottom straight back chair.

she must have the most gorgeous pale nipples

>she's married

Attached: 1561921961760.jpg (1125x2001, 267K)

>get internship
>bring my own herman miller
>force them to buy me a replacement
>of course they don't since I make $10/hr
wow, fuckingjsbdfiugIU U

Why would anyone even with a half of a brain want to work for any those?

Dangerously based wife

Yes, artificial intelligence overlord, that is a breast.

How come, we didnn't get to select breasts in captchas?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-20 16-43-37.png (347x408, 44K)

How many dicks do you think have been between those luscious tits?

Rape

I work at G
Lots of boring nerds from China that were basically good students their whole lives and can't hold a casual conversation in English
Everyone seems pretty competent but there is a lot of bureaucracy
I don't know if people are smart in general, lots people don't seem to have many goals or purpose in life other than accumulating money
Lots of cute girls if you like nerdy Chinese girls
All you need to do is grind leetcode enough and have a degree

Many more than you thing, probably

Small companies are made of teamwork.
Big companies are made of ass-covering and back-stabbing.

This is the opposite of my experience. There's no reason to backstab at companies where promotions and compensation are decided by committees of people that don't personally know you. Whereas at small companies it's more important to kiss the bossman's ass instead of actually getting work done.

I worked as a data scientist at Facebook for a while, then a product analyst. There were some morons but most the people I worked with were smart on some level. It just depends what you call "super smart". I mean I had one guy that I worked with that did a great job, but was horrible at mental math. So because the guy couldn't add up a tip in his head, was he retarded? he was pretty killer at algebraic geometry

>I worked as a data scientist
gambling with the users data? selling to third parties?

share some insider knowledge user

that's a fatty.

I work at AMZN (worked here for >4 years). Most people are pretty incompetent imo and my standards aren't even that high. If you're a hard worker you can get pretty far here even if you're not a genius.

My job is pretty comfy though. I have a really good manager. Otherwise I'd be gone by now.

This can be super accurate though. It just depends on what kind of person you are. I personally don't have any family in the US and have my group of friends in Seattle. I'm v happy overall.

that do you work with? C++? python?

how hard was the interview?

All java for that comfy enterprise code baby

I came in through the internship program so never did the full-time interview myself. I've given a decent amount of interviews though. You're pretty much at the mercy of your interviewer. Some give stupid easy problems others will give you a problem they don't even know how to solve. Best advice is to practice leetcode.

how hard is to land a job on a big company if i live in a third world shithole? (latam)

>I am not talking about my salary
Yeah, because if you ballpark a number everyone will know it was you that leaked it and the tech world will disappear you forever. What a stupid fucking sentiment.

grind leetcode and just apply. that's it.

Ibm and dell hire people here on Brazil, but you need to be willing to travel to anywhere, accept calls 24/7, apeak lile 3 languages (english, portuguese and something else) and be a total badass in terms of tech skills.
Exxon, Toyota and Renault pick lots of engineering grads, if you are from a federal university.

Mostly it's about getting large datasets in a form that is actionable by a strategist. I'm not going to defend Facebook, but I wouldn't say the intention of the company was particularly malice. The name of the game is profits, and yeah, the users are the product. We’re approaching a consensus that ethical standards need to come from within data science itself, as well as from legislators. Part of this movement involves a reemphasis on interpretability in models, as opposed to black-box models. That is, we need to build models that can explain why they make the predictions they make. Deep learning models are great at a lot of things, but they are infamously uninterpretable. That said, I often had poorer ethical standards than the company itself, but I had no financial incentive to be that way.

Did someone already try to tell broham

>how much do you earn?
~$150k/yr salary, yearly bonus (~$20k this year) and stock (~$12k this year)

>is it comfy or stressful?
Both, mostly. Occasionally all one or the other. I'd be bored without stakes, so I like it. Some parts of the company are more stressful than others, from what I've heard.

> what do you do?
Site reliability engineering. A lot of code reviews, design consultations, small changes to improve monitoring or logging, features that improve resilliency, incident response and postmortem. I read logs and code a lot. I fix a lot of bugs (often things I find when reading the logs, surprisingly enough).

>is hard to land a job there?
Yes and no. Yes, there are high standards and a lot of people get filtered out. No, we're constantly hiring and can never find enough people. Makes me wish management were willing to invest in real training.

Maybe for the corporate heads. It's a normal ass 9-5 like anywhere else. You get hit with mundane shit, shit at a desk, talk in a retarded ass chatroom for work, answer calls and reply to emails.

>He thinks software quality assurance isn't a hard problem

Attached: 1555718645529.png (189x262, 67K)

it is considered better to be relatively good in a lot of stuff or be expert in one or two?

>you can go for the stock and 401k options but i don't.

If you mean you don't take advantage of the employee stock purchase plan then you probably should, it's 10% less than the lowest price of the quarter so if you just sell immediately you're getting about 10% extra on whatever you put into it.

>Putting in your 2 weeks before you have an offer from another company

Why though?

>it is considered better to be relatively good in a lot of stuff or be expert in one or two?

Not sure, I don't do a lot of interviewing/hiring personally. It probably depends on the team and role. In any case, if you can't rapidly adapt to new technologies, you're going to have a hard time.

You don't need to be a genius to be a QA

Also make sure that "expert" is defined/scoped properly. There's experts in network protocols who are helping define new standards, and then there are "experts" in Python who will need broader skills to be actually useful.

Is it possible to get a job at one of these places if you are autistic and secretly racist?

vocaroo.com/i/s1k5N2N3GV4o

why does it always make me laugh

Yes.
The smartest and brightest people in America go work for Facebook or Google.
Where they use all their skill and talent to find new innovative ways to......make people click on ads.
- late stage capitalism.

Why does she not want to leave her husband in that case lol

>We’re approaching a consensus that ethical standards need to come from within data science itself, as well as from legislators. Part of this movement involves a reemphasis on interpretability in models, as opposed to black-box models. That is, we need to build models that can explain why they make the predictions they make. Deep learning models are great at a lot of things, but they are infamously uninterpretable. That said, I often had poorer ethical standards than the company itself, but I had no financial incentive to be that way.

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

beta bucks, alpha fucks

techlead?

>amazon internship program
could you explain?

In the early 2000s, was contracted via the company I worked for to Microsoft as a DBA for a project they were doing with us. They were nice. Sent me free PC games.

kek, SEETHING europeon

>Regress
user, they traveled the country and learned invaluable experiences, and returned to their Homeland to improve the environment around them, to pay it back to the society which raised them. Or do you think brain drain from every small town is a good thing? That all smart people should live in one of 5 cities?

>(((chutzpah)))

Tbf this applies anywhere. You throw a bunch of people in a room and 10% of them do 90% of the work while the rest just stick around LARPing.

I'm a L4 swe at google, been there for a few years. The food is good.

The friends and family thing is true but honestly it's better to move back when you want kids, which doesn't have to be soon if you're making great money. Coming back to podunk with a vanguard account seven figures in the black will make you friends with a lot of local people who matter, and hopefully one of them has a daughter who looks nice and can produce a few kids before she dries up.

this larper again

Can I exploit my spanish name and become a diversity hire?

Attached: 1549695799981.jpg (657x787, 55K)

What's your favorite cafe?

Enjoy that shit, you lucky pendejo.

burritos on 9 in nyc

Post your ldap and write sup Jow Forums on your profile
>tfw no burritos in SVL
Just indian food all the time