What made old technology feel so comfy? Novelty, nostalgia, autism?

What made old technology feel so comfy? Novelty, nostalgia, autism?
Everything looks and feels the same now

Attached: bc540ffaa0c55f3044f818d083f46b42.jpg (638x485, 77K)

I mean, have you seen the millions of beige pc compatibles? While I'm inclined to agree, I'm sure 20 testers from now people will look back and see the tech land scape of today much differently than we do.

All of the synth shit in that picture was made within the last 10 years

Imagine being this much of a zoomer

Post tracks, larping faggot.
Eurorack wasn't popularized till the 2000s. You're not looking at some vintage Moog or buchla there.

Fucking hell the Stallman shit has brought trannies and soi over

>Eurorack wasn't popularized till the 2000s
history of it goes back to the 1970s, you stupid fucking zoomer.
learn to google, zoomer cancer.

>What made old technology feel so comfy? Novelty, nostalgia, autism?
because it wasn't entirely in the digital domain like everything is today.

Tou were younger back then

It wasn't full of botnets and the written by pajeets and trannies.

There's a lot of reasons
I'm tired of how homogeneous everything is today though. Even if you can customise your own user experience (ricing, etc.) most other people will still have pretty similar experiences. In phones it stands out even more than desktops/laptops since they're now everpresent. I remember it sometimes being cool just to look at other people's phones, their external design, user interface, etc. Now every phone is a generic black slab, it barely even matters whether it's the snake's favourite fruit or the robotnet logo that shows up on boot.

Yeah, sure had some unique experiences on a rotary phone back in the day let me tell you

>What made old technology feel so comfy?

All the heat radiating from the equipment due energy demand measured in kilowatts.

Ah yeah you don't know shit as expected. Eurorack was made in the 90s and nobody cared until recently. Obviously modular synthesizers go back longer but that's not what I was talking about. Learn to read.
Been here longer than you btw.

at least when everyone had the same rotary phone design it was because there was a single monopoly telephone company, without the pointless illusion of choice.

i miss discs and cartridges, things you'd have to handle and take care of. might as well include all local storage since it's on the way out for the average consumer. even if you have more convenience and choice with networking you're still at the mercy of your connection speeds and infrastructure in general.

synths suck ass
what you really want are samplers and sequencers

For me its the octatrack mk 2
Good for sequencing and sampling my synths

I do miss the pre-iPhone era of phones. There were a ton of differing formats etc. It was simply more exciting than the same brick but now with 12 cameras instead of 10.

Also things can vanish from the cloud easily.

Yeah totally, storing rotting CDs under your cumsoaked bed is way more reliable than trusting data centers run by pros at top companies who replicate your data across several geographic areas.

Unless they want to delete your stuff. Then you are fucked.

It’s not a question of hardware reliability. Companies die, links change, policies are updated. Unless you control the means of storing your data, you can’t really trust it to always be there.

should I sell my micromoog? I never really use it.

DAW master race reporting in.

>What made old technology feel so comfy?
People back then took pride in making good products.
That is a long time ago.

Holy fucking dilate

You'll grow out of these paranoid delusions one day. Amazon, MS and Google are too big to fail, the data will be safe until a nuclear war wipes out civilization.
Don't sell it, start using it.

>sampler
Nigger

cope

Lmao fuck you faggot. spotify unlisted dozens of my albums and I can't listen to them. They don't have to fail, just be faggots and greedy jews which they already are

magic existed back then and we used it all up

>doesn't deny
Jow Forums is dead. Infested by trannies

We're talking about self-service cloud data storage, not streaming services for copyrighted material. Kill yourself brainlet.

>Everything looks and feels the same now
Old things were hand made and organic. This is what the connections in my handwired 1960s Japanese Sansui high power 6L6 tube amp look like, each one is unique.

(not to brag, but this amp is my most prized thing: bought it from a 'Nam vet for a couple 100 $ off craigslist, price has gone nut on these now they are worth like $3k+)

Attached: sansui au-111.jpg (900x600, 123K)

Had an opportunity to get a rare pioneer tube amp from the 50s. Sadly I am broke and couldnt afford it. I got a rare nad model 90 for 60 bucks instead. the thing is pristine and is the rarer wood cabinet with blue meters version. Getting closer to the sx1980 dream.

pic

Attached: BcqByT.jpg (1023x768, 92K)

skeuomorphism

triggered much?

>Getting closer to the sx1980 dream.
I also have a Pioneer SX-980 in addition to the Sansui. A model or two below the mighty 1980, but still very nice.

Cool. Never seen many NAD from that era.

they don't make em like they used to..

Attached: 8b9jsp0v.jpg (1064x600, 215K)

Old technology showed you the promise of a brighter future, a better world.

Current technology shoves the shitty reality of the actual world in your face, day in and day out.

>without the pointless illusion of choice
this is only because everyone chases the lowest common denominator, because it has the best short term returns. its worth fuck-all in the long run which is why everyone is so disillusioned 60 years on and everyone hates the boomers

its one thing to deal with my own fuckups, its another to have a large company with zero accountability or level of contact to just make shit dissappear or break

The fact that things just worked the way you expected them to and wasn't just black box spyware garbage.

imagine knowing nothing about Doepfer, Analogue Solutons or Cwejman

>there was nobody telling you what you could and could not do with the stuff you bought.
>Schematics actually came with the device
>no cloud
>no telemetry
>no blatant "fuck you" attitude towards customers

Because you had to adapt it to yourself, investing time and effort, to make it work exactly how YOU wanted it to. Nowadays you are given a limited number of choices (chosen by someone else) that you have to fit yourself to, with no effort or thought at all. Fucking mindless consumers.

I think it was a situation where the limitations provided a guide for people's creativity more than anything else. Not everything had to be made identically in some overseas factory (everyone had a tech industry back then). That situation people rhapsodize about in Shenzhen existed previously everywhere, and people can and did make everything they could imagine.

The scale was much smaller at the time too -- you needed to put real thought into what you were doing and why. Everything had sharp edges and people weren't scared of taking risks.

Competition back in the days was about who makes the best stuff. Now it's about who fucks in the ass of the customer the most.

oh, god, yes, so comfy. does anyone remember having to work out which devices were using what IRQ, and setting the jumper on a new board and hoping that the machine didn't catch fire when you added it? getting documents from religious wordperfect users who would shit their pants if you couldn't convert it to .doc somehow. trying to add device drivers to wordperfect. what kind of hard drive is this - mfm? rll? scsi? whichever, you can't attach it to your machine because they don't make a card for it.

hey, check this out! it's called a .GIF file! four colors and a whopping 320x200 resolution! you can almost see her nipple if you use your imagination!

such good times