Redpill me on Seagate

Why are their drives so unreliable?

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1500x1500, 287K)

Everyone knows you can't make a gate on the sea

basically, they are too bisy dilating to make good drive

Mine all work fine

But why can't they fit dilating around their work schedules?
WD and Toshiba can find time to dilate and can still make decent drives. What's so different about Seagate?

sorry, faggot. I've had more western digital drives die than anything. every one of my seagate drives are all good. proceed to kill yourself as soon as possible, you sad shill.

my media center runs fully on Seagate with several different drives, had no issue for the last 4 years.

>WD and Toshiba can find time to dilate and can still make decent drives.
>decent
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>you can't make a gate on the sea

We can and we have.

Attached: 2014101315543bcf25c54c4.jpg (799x768, 127K)

83% (5 out of 6) of my Seagate drives died during warranty. Neither my Hitachi or WD drives have hit 50% in that regard.

You do the math.

All my seagates are still ok, and most of my hdds are from them. Hitachi drives are also OK but often noisy
Also had some WDs, one of which died with bad sectors
The older Toshiba laptop drives got heads stuck

They sometimes have bad series of drives, currently they have big issues with "Rosewood" drives
They also had that firmware issue a decade ago

>redpill me on seagate
>why are their drives so unreliable?
Did you really need to make this thread?

having an ssd and hdd one and no problems so far
hdds cost the up to 20% less then wd black with same quality
also daily reminder DO NOT BUY WD GREEN

>>You do the math.
mathematics with imaginary numbers you've pulled out of prolapsing asshole? let me do the math:
> 0+0=0
you're welcome, compulsive lying faggot.

its not that seagate drives are bad, its that people who use seagate are bad at buying drivves that wont die

Attached: shekelberger.jpg (240x240, 11K)

I had a 2 TB for like 8 years now and it’s fine. I don’t know what everyone's problem is.

I dunno man I've had a Backup Plus Drive 5TB for 4 years with no issues and that's including it falling like a 4ft fall on it's side when I tripped on the power cord once. I also have a 1.5TB one for my xbox for around the same time with no issues as well.

Attached: kinda awesome.jpg (300x419, 17K)

razer

>Have had mine for near 4 years
>No housefire yet
Dunno

Because it's an American brand. And the American build quality is mediocre at best.

I have stopped using American drives in the early 2000s

Japan is the way to go.

I have a 1 TB seagate. had it for over 2 years. seems to work ok.

Like any manufacturer, their consumer grade is mostly trash, specifically their budget models.

Instead, buy enterprise grade products.

Based Dutchman.

I own a couple of 1tb Seagate drives, I owned all of them for around 6 years and never had a problem; one of them has reallocated of couple of sectors a couple years ago but no issues developed from it.

They're okay. You're playing the lottery with them though. Have currently 1x1TB barracuda and 4x6TB IronWolf and they've been fine for the past 3 years. Back in the Core 2 days I had 3 fail on me back to back.
Only reason I bought a barracuda after that was because WD had a Blue and a Black fail on me and couldn't afford HGST at the time. And now I trust Seagate enough for now to use it for NAS.

I have had more failed WD's than Seagates to be honest.

>enterprise goods
Fuck off, enterprise shit is negligible compared to consumer shit in terms of build quality. Businesses buy enterprise shit for warranty like 4-hour delivery on a new drive if yours dies.

Built a RAID5 with six 4TB Seagate HDs, one of them started showing bad sectors less than a week so I RMA'd it. New drive's been on 24/7 for over half a year now and no problems.

because they want to make more money by having looser tolerances and pruning less drives
manufacturing is all about tolerances, literally

You're a retarded nigger who has never looked at how they differ, structurally

Funny how seagate owners never post their crystaldiak

Seagate good.
(ignore the sectors)

Attached: 1431.png (836x659, 73K)

RAID5 is useless beyond 2TB drives. You always want at least two drive redundancy.

>"b-bad sectors are only really bad if they increase"
>increases by 60 overnight

ive personally had about 3 seagate 2tb disks go out on me since 2012

Sysadmin here. 2 out of 8 8TB Seagate ironwolf drives have died on me since 2017. One was dead on arrival. The other just crapped out after 6 months. These are the industrial / enterprise drives. That's said I've seen plenty of SAS screamers die too. All of these drives are in raid arrays so the data is fine. But for my personal use only use SSDs. And at that only SSDs that have an SLC buffer and dram.

Never trust your data to a single spinning disk.

the only seagate i've had die is one i let get to like 200F
i've had western digital die just by doing hard formats

Look at the cost. They're like 10-30 bucks lower than the competition for a similar spec'd drive

Same here. Pile of dead WDs is twice as high as the pile of dead Seagates.
I've lost three WDs in the past year: two 1TBs and a 4TB, one Blue, one Black, and one Gold.
My next array might have been WD except for this. Now, it will be Ironwolves, no ifs or buts.

The only drives I've ever had fail on me have been because of some sort of fuck up on my part. I had an external drive get pulled off a table and hit the concrete floor, that one died. Another external drive had the power and usb cables removed while writing a bunch of data to it, and damn near the entire file system became corrupted.
I still have some WD and Seagate drives that are nearly a decade old that are still fine.

It's more that there were unreliable 3TB and 5TB drives released a few years ago and seagate was the worst affected by them. That is the cause of the current seagate is bad meme.
These days all hdds are much of the same and pretty reliable across the board. It's the cheaper 2.5 inch portables I wouldn't trust. 3.5 external drives just seem to be older and surplus enterprise parts.