An open letter from Red Hat

redhat.com/en/blog/open-letter-free-software-foundation-board-directors

>Red Hat urges the FSF board to seize the opportunity during its current leadership succession by appointing a president and members of its board that are more diverse, including from a national, racial and gender perspective.

What can we expect?

Attached: 1527721123009.jpg (250x250, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/incerto/the-most-intolerant-wins-the-dictatorship-of-the-small-minority-3f1f83ce4e15
onezero.medium.com/the-internet-relies-on-people-working-for-free-a79104a68bcc
phoenixhealth.com/it-outsourcing-2/hospitals-are-outsourcing-it-functions-why/
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-EOY-2018-Kernel-Stats
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How shocking, first GNOME, a RedHat project, now Red Hat themselves have come out. It's really obvious who was behind taking RMS out. Red Hat/ IBM is positioning themselves for power in FSF.

Useful idiots

I've said it before but Red Hat are the niggers of the free software movement

IBM is trying to take over the entire Linux ecosystem confirmed

This thread is bait, but I'll respond anyway.

OP is just upset at the proposition that a person who is not a white jewish man could do a better job at something than a white jewish man.

They'll add a new module to systemd if the FSF doesn't comply with their demands

>jewish man
>and gender perspective
Useful retard. They want a woman/Trans as president. Particularly one that is not white nor from America/EU. How retarded do you have to be to not understand that?

Add RedHat to the distros I will never consider using again. Sad days.

>ugly brown chick with feminist talking points will replace gnu+linux man
Nothing is holy

Attached: 1553973383892m.jpg (683x1024, 102K)

RedHat will infect your distro anyway.

LOL GNU IS BANKRUPT AND FINISHED

Wow, I was looking forward to using the new CentOS update

I don't see how this could be seen as anything more than the sleazy political brown-nosing it is.

You'll likely never see their OS used in enterprise, workstation, or desktop environments. Who gives a fuck? Show me any over-the-shoulder screen caps from any tech company/robotics company or even enterprise that runs that shit? It's usually and unironically ubuntu.

> We want to destroy our business by playing PR games that don't even help minorities because were going to put the minorities and others in bullshit roles
> We hope the 1-2% of fags who comprise the US population buy and endorse our shit.
> We hope the other 99-98% don't get offended and pull the plug on our product
> We hope the 99.99% of other people worldwide who don't engage in faggotry don't mind
So this is how western companies will die, interesting...

What the actual fuck. This is explicit attack to freedom and rationality from a corporation.

> exactly what it is :
> We have some shit tier idiot in PR that thinks this will be good publicity
> Message : We put 1 faggot in an executive role. Please buy our product..
But there are only 1-2% of faggots at your company who you over-represent in shitty PR Ads.
> Don't mind that goy
> Message : We put one darkie as an executive of toilet operations
But that's not a glamorous role. Shhhh, it got us a headline story.

If an idiot wants to destroy their company because some retard with a liberal arts degree thinks its a good idea, why get in the way.

Name one person who actually runs redhat? It's a glorified support services company.

IBM move GNU/Linux to non-gpl
IBM made FSF new GPL friendly for close code

don't bother asking, the only thing Jow Forums knows about red hat is that lennart is literally hitler

This
medium.com/incerto/the-most-intolerant-wins-the-dictatorship-of-the-small-minority-3f1f83ce4e15

I have Fedora, should I move to Slackware?

move to gentoo, Slackware is infected with pulseaudio

pulseaudio is uniroincally fine

Redhat is going to take it all! HOT DAMN!
Already run Fedora on a ThinkPad!

All of those wanna be's can go fly a kite! Because Redhat/IBM will wrestle it all away from you! And there's absolutely nothing you can do about it!

Attached: Real_Diversity.jpg (1170x878, 875K)

These are the vultures circling around Free Software, hoping they'd die.

Stallman approved

Attached: 37F3BD50-29AD-47C5-AF68-F06F0A8A5D4E.jpg (420x807, 259K)

>You'll likely never see their OS used in enterprise
The company I work for only does RHEL servers. I know of an even bigger company that runs a quarter of the hospitals that is almost entirely RHEL.

>IBM move GNU/Linux to non-gpl
Literally would never happen for many reasons.

how does having a national/racial/gender diverse president and membership make it easier for companies to seize gnu+linux?

Attached: sjws against rms.png (988x992, 535K)

Just another attempt at getting control over GNU/Linux. Alsa works fine, bluez5 shouldn't didn't need and the latency fucking sucks. Anyway they are killing it in favor of some other bullshit audio layer.

>getting control over gnu/linux
>by releasing free open source software that is completely optional

>What can we expect?
The fiery death of the FSF.

The fragile, white male tears in this thread is delicious. Maybe you aren't as good at your job as you thought you were and you are just enjoying a lack of competition, scrub.

>completely optional
Until your shit doesn't work without it.

Enterprise servers, particularly in the U.S., very often run RHEL. It's a popular choice in le cloud as well.

then fork it and remove the dependency

What if was proprietary?

it's not

Depends which sector you work in, despite what Jow Forums would have you believe Windows servers are way way more common outside of data centres.

not pulseaudio, your other programs

never use nonfree software

free software is dead bro, we have to move on

It's a rhetorical question. I've never seen this shit in enterprise outside of a few cases of scaled vm instances where the company used redhat's service agreement to fire its IT staff. I never see this shit on any workstations and I never see it in robotics labs. Redhat is a glorified linux support services company.

obviously a woman on top
what fucking else? its always like this

eat shit, microshill

They're fucking nobodies. They're the goto linux distribution when you want to outsource IT/sys admin/support or cover your ass when shit goes wrong.

Attached: fuck_outta_here.jpg (395x336, 21K)

Dead flesh on the floor and the rats are everywhere. I already made a list of everyone who participated in this shit. Just to make sure I'll never do any work with them.

>using gendered pronouns
>in current year
I've alerted the social credit system admins, they have temporarily degraded your rating to 2.9 stars. You can no longer purchase food for the next 72 hours.

Microsoft Linux

Those nobodies run your hospitals and of course they will go for the company willing to give them support in exchange for money while the rest of the Linux community is a shitfest junglegym of retards.

> I'm not white
> I know what bullshit PR in tech is
> I know what actually happens inside a tech company
None of this shit has genuine intent.
It's all marketing and shitty marketing at that.
When these campaigns or initiatives are started, some PR fag/tiger group makes a boat load of money convincing the company its good for their image. Hell, the consulting for just proposing the idea costs money. It's a way to get a company in the spotlight. They could give a shit less about fags, trannies, and minorities. It's a cheap way to insert a company into headlines.. the end. Also, it helps them bid on contracts that need quotas/etc.

>Microsoft GNU
fixed

Their market share is 1-2% of linux distributions. Ubuntu has ~50%+. As for why SOME enterprise customers chooses RHEL, why don't you go ahead and share this with /g.
I'll wait.
The sector for RHEL installs is :
> COVER MY ASSHOLE BECAUSE I THINNED OUT MY IT DEPT.

>completely optional
>PulseAudio
Hahahahahaha

> onezero.medium.com/the-internet-relies-on-people-working-for-free-a79104a68bcc
I agree, incels and autists need to stop giving their life away for free

Linux confirmed tranny OS, it is time to move on.

apt-get remove pulseaudio
free software means freedom not price

>GNU/NT
Useless, go download cygwin.
>Microsoft Linux
All the benefits of proprietary malware with an open kernel. It will be the new mac OS.

Attached: 1569016882384.jpg (640x1137, 92K)

>Those nobodies run your hospitals
Those nobodies give hospitals who fired all of their IT staff the assurance that they're covered if shtf : phoenixhealth.com/it-outsourcing-2/hospitals-are-outsourcing-it-functions-why/

there's nothing special about redhat. What's special is the support contract and liability transfer that is achieved by their enterprise support agreements and SLAs which is why fuckfaces at hospitals run it as opposed to a distro that'd require IT.
> and of course they will go for the company willing to give them support in exchange for money while the rest of the Linux community is a shitfest junglegym of retards.
They go for whoever allows them to shift blaim via SLAs and towards a glorified IT outsourcing company like Redhat.
Redhat isn't a distro.. It's linux source code borrowed from a free and open community that some fags wrap in enterprise agreements for money.

I'm all for equal rights for men, women and people however colored they are, but wtf is this forced diversity shit? This is nothing but LOOK AT US WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS (btw buy our products) crap.

Is there really a place where women and colored people hang out waiting for a tech job and you just go there and get some of these and put them in your company? Ofc not! If someone wants a tech job, he learns his shit and applies for it. Man or women or whatever.

Some loser has to write the code w/o charging.
Nothing is free. That's the first lesson in life. There is always a price. Some are just hidden.

>Next GPL license wil include SJW talk points
That would be my boiling point

>Some loser has to write the code w/o charging.
i'm not even going to bother, you're a complete moron posting this, especially considering this is a red hat thread

Don't call the SJW. It makes people look bad who actually campaign for justice.

>but wtf is this forced diversity shit?
It's nigger tier PR. It gets a company's name in headlines and spread around the internet without paying for and filing legit product related ad campaigns. It's what you do when you want to be a cheap ass : exploit minorities.
> This is nothing but LOOK AT US WE ARE THE GOOD GUYS (btw buy our products) crap.
Correct. (((Hey fags, we care about you.. look at us everyone.. we care about fags)))
> Is there really a place where women and colored people hang out waiting for a tech job and you just go there and get some of these and put them in your company?
Nope. They simply exploit a small number of qualified people for PR purposes w/o pay. If you ever looked at the companies numbers, its likely whites/asians/indians... They hire 0.5% minorities and plaster them on every ad campaign they find.. Essentially exploiting them.

The idiotic thing is to think this was genuine or that minorities are being hired in large numbers. They're not. They're just exploiting them and the idea that they did for shekels.

Don't bother because you can't refute it. Ive never written a single piece of open source code in my life nor intend to. When I write code, I'm compensated for it. There's more than enough to write on the clock where the pay is $210k+bonuses and perks

>When I write code, I'm compensated for it.
so are red hat employees
>$210k+bonuses and perks
this is a pathetically small amount of money

Attached: 1549774925460.png (988x992, 609K)

>Red Hat urges the FSF board to discriminate based upon race and/or gender
wew

sad and good post

regressive cultists are disgusting.

RHEL is fucking everywhere, why do you think IBM paid so much for them?

Cute

Shut the fuck up IBM/Red Hat

>so are red hat employees
THEYRE A GLORIFIED SUPPORT SERVICES COMPANY YOU MONG. WRITING CODE ISNT HOW THEY MAKE MONEY.
> this is a pathetically small amount of money
Depends on region, years of experience, number of hours worked/etc/etc. Something you have no details for nor will be provided in your shit tier fishing expedition to try to score points.

If you work, you should be paid for it. If you write software for a living, you have more than enough work. If you have no life outside your work, by all means call writing more code a hobby and do it for free as people leverage your hard work. For others, who have lives, this is a non-event. There's always a cost to everything. You haven't refuted this point. So, give it a fucking rest brainlet.

The only non-white male on the FSF board is Kat Walsh, she wouldn't be too bad of a pick. She's a lawyer dedicated to copyleft.

> WRITING CODE ISNT HOW THEY MAKE MONEY.
and yet the code still needs to be written and they still pay people to write it, are you dense? stop yelling like a mong
>Something you have no details for nor will be provided in your shit tier fishing expedition
i don't care about your personal life retard, go back to facebook
>There's always a cost to everything. You haven't refuted this point.
free software means freedom not price, deal with it

Correction :
- Linux is everywhere.
- People's understanding of it is not
- IT/SysAdmins were done away with and outsourced
SO, there is a need for SUPPORT of linux installs.. Enter glorified infosys for linux :
- REDHAT

> why do you think IBM paid so much for them?
Because IBM shifted from actually producing things to becoming a glorified support/services company some time ago and this gels perfectly with their business model and deployments that run LINUX
Because paying $3,000 to lease support services for free shit per install per year is big business.

GNU with Linux added.

Attached: 1550499438441.jpg (548x551, 220K)

>and yet the code still needs to be written and they still pay people to write it, are you dense? stop yelling like a mong
Time for you to answer questions brainlet as opposed to me spoonfeeding you information while you toss it all over the dining room like a 3 year old. How much of Redhat's code base is not directly authored by their engineers? How much do they contribute to the open source code base? How much of their payroll goes to software engineers who write code for the product? How much goes to support staff? How much revenue do they make from support contracts? How much do they make from writing customer code for their altered installs?
> i don't care about your personal life retard, go back to facebook
You don't care to have any idea of what you're talking about which is why you're airing ignorant bullshit.
> free software means freedom not price, deal with it
lmfao. You enjoy that freedom writing code on weekends that i'll leverage on monday for chadbucks meanwhile, I'll be nutting in the diversity chief from HR who started this campaign.

>Time for you to answer questions brainlet as opposed to me spoonfeeding you information
this is an interesting way for you to beg me to spoonfeed you information
>How much of Redhat's code base is not directly authored by their engineers?
100%
>How much do they contribute to the open source code base?
0%
>How much of their payroll goes to software engineers who write code for the product?
0%
>How much goes to support staff?
100%
>How much revenue do they make from support contracts?
10000 billion
>How much do they make from writing customer code for their altered installs?
100000 billion

there i've given you exactly the answers you wanted, happy?

>You enjoy that freedom writing code on weekends that i'll leverage on monday for chadbucks meanwhile
enjoy being dependent on charity poorfag, someone probably got paid even more than you to write that code
>I'll be nutting in the diversity chief from HR who started this campaign.
i was there already last week, she has the clap dude

You realize Amazon Linux -- the default OS used in EC2 deployments -- is based off RHEL? You are vastly underestimating the install base of RHEL based OS.

>this is an interesting way for you to beg me to spoonfeed you information
Nope. Just a way for me to confirm after spoonfeeding you information that you don't know how to parse that you don't know what you're talking about. Our exchange ends here.

> 100%/0%/100%/0%
Ah', so you're a shitty smartass as well..
> there i've given you exactly the answers you wanted
I already knew the answer.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Linux-EOY-2018-Kernel-Stats
5.3% of commits (not weighted for importance) came from redhat.
Linus Torvalds remains the most frequent committer at just over 3%
> enjoy being dependent on charity poorfag
So you've never worked in an enterprise environment...
- chad commit prompt :
> Are you committing any open source code : [y]
> What percentage of code commit : 90%
> Have you annotated dependencies : [y]
> Have the proper people in legal been consulted : [y]
> Proper approvals : [y]
> Have you silo'd proprietary code so we have no legal exposure for using this faggot's coe : [y]
> Have you changed any of this faggots code : [n]
Thanks incel.

>i was there already last week, she has the clap dude
Is that what she told you after she denied your invitation to go out for drinks?
Dammm

Cool story faggot

Attached: amazon-cloud-market.png (620x253, 44K)

>Our exchange ends here.
great, please leave this board and don't come back
>I already knew the answer.
ok you linked something which literally proves that red hat pays people to work on the kernel
which btw is not the whole operating system, there are 1000s of other packages in RHEL, so it's not even really relevant to the questions you asked
>Linus Torvalds remains the most frequent committer at just over 3%
all his commits are merges
>So you've never worked in an enterprise environment
the only difference being that you have to fill out a form to accept charity, enjoy it poorfag

Jow Forums's correct about that tho

true, i remember when an init system killed my grandparents in the holocaust

>(((((((my)))))))

haha mass murder so funny and this joke has not made countless times before i promise

> Redhat agrees to certain SLAs to get big bux contracts
> Freeware they leverage doesn't meet SLAs
> has to author in fixes/etc
> Have to commit them to mainline kernel because they don't own it.
> Only 5.x% of commits are from them meaning they are leveraging >90% of someone else's code base
> Write custom app/user layer packages for customers who pay a hefty price/pay for a custom license to do so.
> This is reported in their earnings
> Their non-negineering support services are reported
> Make far more from support than actual engineering
My point stands shit brain.
> all his commits are merges
I could go into as much detail as I want as to the breakdown. You provide no numbers of your own because you actually don't know any or how to get them. When i provide them, you go on incel level rants amounting to a fishing expedition because you have no conceptual understanding of RHEL's business model.
> the only difference being that you have to fill out a form to accept charity, enjoy it poorfag
That form is filled out so a corporation can leverage an incel's lonely weekend writing open source code w/o compensating them or having any legal exposure. It's how things work in the enterprise world which you seemingly know nothing about :
> onezero.medium.com/the-internet-relies-on-people-working-for-free-a79104a68bcc
Time is money. Nothing in life is free. When an incel like you fails to realize their time is money, a chad leverages the time they spent on something and converts it to money. Your time wasn't free. You just didn't realize it had value.
Your wife if that ever happens :
>He's always in that computer room of his typing away writing code he says.. but I know he isn't on the clock because he starts ranting about freedom/open source and how he has so many people depending on him. Well i depend on him too and he's never there.. because he gives his time to others... So fuck him and fuck me
Me :
> only if he gets the commit done tonight

Attached: hurr hurr.jpg (362x362, 31K)

i'm pretty sure half of Jow Forums is on fedora

Nobody uses fedora.

I'm glad I don't use Redhat, so sick of this bullshit SJWism. I need to stop using GNOME, but the Dash-to-Dock is so comfy.

Send it to the FSF, tell them they want to destroy free software

>>Only 5.x% of commits are from them meaning they are leveraging >90% of someone else's code base
same applies to every other linux vendor
>My point stands shit brain.
no it really doesn't because you proved yourself wrong
>You provide no numbers of your own because you actually don't know any or how to get them.
i don't care to provide numbers because i don't need them to prove my point, you're the one fishing here retard
>That form is filled out so a corporation can leverage an incel's lonely weekend writing open source code w/o compensating them or having any legal exposure.
>Time is money. Nothing in life is free. When an incel like you fails to realize their time is money, a chad leverages the time they spent on something and converts it to money. Your time wasn't free. You just didn't realize it had value.
we've already established that those developers making the open source code are paid, but if you want to fantasize about being dependent on charity from that lonely incel just to do your brainlet job, then so be it

it's 8th on distrowatch

I'm sure more than 70% are on ubuntu and meme post otherwise. I'm sure the other 30% do nothing of value on their fringe installs