Is Powershell the most based way to use windows?

Is Powershell the most based way to use windows?

Attached: Powershell-commands-2.png (1366x728, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell
jpsoft.com/products/tcc-le.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No, the most based way to use windows is to download linux.

Attached: .jpg (580x346, 50K)

Windows would crash before you get the chance to download anything...

>most based
No such thing.

If you're using it professionally, it's pretty nice.
People complain because it's overly verbose, but having things readable doesn't hurt all that much.
Default tab completion is dumb but can easily be fixed.
Piping objects > piping strings

weak

Yeah, basedest is the correct term.

Use powershell to delete system32

github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell

Powershells pipeline is great, and the documentation is actually readable unlike many of the man pages that seem to be written by literal autists that manage to fill your console window with 1000 lines of text without actually saying anything.

I don't know if it still exists, but Microsoft virtual academy had some nice courses explaining the concept behind powershell.

eshell is

>no sudo
>still needs right-click "Run as administrator"
no

only used it to delete all faggot services like MS store, Xbox whatever, Cortana etc

Attached: 1494694469756.jpg (956x960, 72K)

There's almost no free information about it, aside from trivial video tutorials and blogs about how a windows admin did some wizardry with sharepoint on 10k desktops in his office building. I'm OS agnostic personally. I use both Windows and Linux daily and have BSD in my homelab, but MS makes it a royal pain for devs to play around with their stuff without making some kind of monetary commitment. Why would I do that when there are interesting and lucrative alternatives elsewhere?

The issues I've had with powershell are that it's extremely verbose and the win32 wrappers (which you need) always seem to be deprecated. If you find a script that's more than 2 years old that does anything except the absolute basics, there's no way it's going to run without modification, which is going to take hours since the documentation is complete and utter garbage.

Also, the auto formatting might be a good idea, but I've experienced issues such as cropped outputs, superfluous whitespace etc a lot more times than I've ever had any use of formatted output. To me, pipelines are a nightmare to use in powershell because of this. Maybe this is different for people who haven't used non-formatted shells before, but I honestly doubt it.

jpsoft.com/products/tcc-le.html

Regards,
4DOS user

>preferring to type your password tens of times in a console instead of just running as admin from the get-go.

While I wish powershell had a simple command to elevate the session, it isn't really an issue.

>50MB for a shell

start -verb runas

>Where-Object
>not ?

at least it's not built in electron

Running as root from the get-go is a terrible idea on Linux and friends. Not because of some kind of post-hoc rationalization about dangerous commands, but because you'll fuck up your file permissions. Still, you can just use sudo -i to start a root session, if you enter your password tens of times you're doing something wrong.
I'm guessing Windows understands that it isn't normally used as a multi-user system and handles it better.

>not using root as your main account
I don't get it. Your shitty laptop isn't a multiuser system. Why bother with users at all?

>Is Powershell the most based way to use windows?
Yes

Windows is shit

I love ps and regularly write scripts. It's really fun and powerful. Especially the hyperv modules are useful

You don't get an identifiable username, some programs complain or even refuse to run because 99% of the time people run it as root it's a mistake, you don't have a system user to fall back on if you fuck up /home, using pkill becomes a bit more dangerous, and so on. I've never actually tried it, but I don't think it would be worth the trouble. Even if it would have been reasonable originally, there's half a century's worth of software and convention built around the assumption that root is not an ordinary user.
But one of these days I might make sudo passwordless.

Powershell is shit. The most based way to use Windows is to double click on your game icon.

Attention Gamer
>>>>\v\

Like the name indicates, it powers hell.

sounds metal as hell