What do you think about this particular version of Windows?

What do you think about this particular version of Windows?

Attached: windows-8-1.jpg (700x500, 34K)

it's is a particular version of a piece of proprietary software

That it is

Is a shit.

It's a better option if available than W10 for those newer touchscreen laptops that don't support W7 drivers.

normies hate it, but with regular start menu installed it's basically a windows 7 but faster and with some UI improvements
I'd still use it but AMD dropped support for it on RX 480

For Windows 8.1 you just have to install the Windows 7 version of AMD drivers. I was using my RX570 for a good while on 8.1 without problems. It's just not "official".

I'm not sure though about drivers for newer AMD chipsets. All that stuff eludes me. Also I'm not sure about performance, many benchmarks online (not up to date and perhaps done under specific conditions that do not reflect what you might experience) show Windows 10 to either perform about the same or 10 to 20% better with some titles. Not sure if that's because said titles support DX12 or if the people posting these benchmarks are using outdated drivers on 8.1 because they aren't aware either that newer drivers can be installed just fine.

>What do you think about this particular version of Windows?
Well Windows 8.1 can be modified to become like windows 7 but with 3 extra years of support.

I did that for a while and had glitches in firefox, parts of the window randomly dissapeared and I had to scroll the website to make them appear again.
It gets old after a while.
In the end I caved in and succumbed to Touko-chan's loving embrace because muh Forza.

Attached: fbb.jpg (482x424, 97K)

it is by far the best Win version out there!
just use the classic desktop, some tweaks and tricks there, dont install known updates with issues (spyware and keylogger) and its faster and better the anything bevor and sure better then Spyware10!

No amd driver support is what made me install Windows 7 instead

That's weird, but firefox has been fucky with me as of late (on W10). The screen kept flashing and doing weird shit. I don't know if it got recently fixed, does not happen anymore. I think it's AMD and Mozilla not doing good together.

Huh
Never had a problem with AMD+Firefox on any OS/GPU combo.
Save for 7 drivers on 8.1 ofc, but I can't really blame AMD nor Mozilla.

Who is that on the picture?
is that a dude?

It's great. Using it right now.

Attached: Captura de pantalla (1).png (1920x1080, 2.62M)

Been running it with a 'classic' start menu since it launched. Most of the system is pretty much Windows 7. Unlike W10 which has pretty much all system interfaces replaced with metro/mobile interface windows.

Attached: auto play.png (1664x915, 55K)

shit's bitching

Attached: Screenshot_20190922_193317.png (142x380, 20K)

I've been using it for the past few years and will probably keep using it until 2023. It's pretty much the best OS.

better than winshit 10

It's the last version before the win10 bullshit and will get updates for another 4 years.

Firefox always have the weird graphic crashes on both Windows and linux even on intel integrated graphics

MS shit their pants when Tablets dropped and forced a merge of windows mobile and desktop

That's literally all it is

Will my W10 pro license work on it?

It's fine, works good. What I'm still using.

It somehow works faster on my SSD than W10

Better for me than W10 (even LTSC), though it has two issues: One is the UI (not because I think it's ugly, but rather because my favorite firefox userchrome looks a bit broken on it because it was made to look good on W10) and the fact that I have to use my xbone controller wired because there's no bluetooth support for that one on 8.1/7

fpbp

I still can't get over the fact they removed Default Programs from Windows 10 and now you're required to do this painful thing where you change extensions one by one rather than press a fucking button and assign every file extension that's supported by a program to that program.

It's windows 7 but much better and a shitty start menu and options enabled by default.

uhm honey I don't think you know where you be but you not be where you need to be