Where the fuck do people actually find these 80$ thinkpads at?

Where the fuck do people actually find these 80$ thinkpads at?
The cheapest one i've managed to find is an x220 for 200$

Attached: 6386346585647654756756.jpg (800x600, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

allegro.pl/oferta/laptop-lenovo-x220-i5-4gb-320gb-windows-7-zasilacz-7570377273
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The cheapest one i've managed to find is an x220 for 200$
What are you doing? I bought my X220 for 120 yuros in good condition and a SSD (upgraded the RAM myself, came with 4GB) from a non-chain reseller that focused on laptop refurbs.
Check your local sales pages. You know, *NOT* Craigslist, FB Marketplace, eBay or Kijiji

yeah $200 for x220 was a good deal in 2014 i still use it to this day

Nigger I got one on eBay for $40. Quit being an autist and search for scratch and dents. Who gives a shit if the fan grille is broken?

$80 x220 is gonna be beat af nigger
You can find something like t60, x60 etc. in a great condition for that price but those are

stfu $40 u change errytin

Literally the same

Got my T510 for $85 on eBay.

related question:
does anyone here flip thinkpads / cheap electronics ?
it it actually viable?
say, after you buy a cheap thinkpad how long does it usually take to find someone who is interested in buying it for a decent price?

Honestly I found mine for free in a bin

give it back jamal

If I find a good deal I do here and there. I got a digital camera for $3.95 at Goodwill that I sold for $30 or $40 on eBay

Paid about $200 for mine, but it was an x220 with a i7-2640m, which means it has a USB3.0 port. Was willing to pay for that

Don't look for them complete all you get is paying for a shit battery and drive you don't want

You look for companies dropping loads of them off at once and put in your bid for 10 of them then wait to win

It is better to get an incomplete laptop because you can pick whatever used or new drive and battery you want

Got my T420 for 60$, 8GB ram, SSD.

Look for surplus stores or electronics recyclers. The university by me frequently has i5 4xxx laptops for less than 100. Hell they had some oem towers with i7 3770, 8gb ram, and 500gb hard drives for 65. The hard drive is useless, but I flip them for double price and it's easy money.

I got an X220 missing a battery and SSD for $60 Canadian desu

>tfw just got my bid cancelled by the faggot seller 5 minutes before auction end

Attached: 1496125615949.jpg (1024x839, 99K)

>Nigger
>Who gives a shit if the fan grille is broken
You answered your own question.

i got my t420 for 100€ with a brand new battery
bought it from a local equivalent of ebay

Got a t420 for $140 in good condition, new battery, refurbished with a new heatsink/fan. Put a 500gb ssd and 16gb ram into it. Very comfy desu.

they get the crusty memepads, get extremely lucky, or bought them years ago
most cheap ones you have to upgrade, fix, and definitely clean yourself

They're lying or omitting details of how much they had to upgrade the specs.

If you take a base model of any laptop (usually being sold for parts), then of course you'll get the "steals" everyone else is saying they've gotten. What they don't add is the process of finding genuine/working missing parts on eBay and newegg which easily jacks the final price up by up to $200.

It's the fucking internet, goy. Middle schoolers on here are exaggerating because there's no SITG.

This is what I mean. People often omit these details that if compensated bring the total price to something a lot less attractive. Or the items you buy actually include the specs you want, and then it's nothing to brag about.

Finding "good" deals on eBay is significantly rarer than people on here like to lie about.

In that case, I'd say I spent about $240 on mine () including purchase

Nah he just found it from the Asian students who literally dump all of them. Dumpster diving at the end of a semester at any big uni will get you a lot of electronics.

You just network and meet people who work in IT, then you get stacks of them for free because they're literal garbage people can't wait to get rid of.

Don't ever pay money for anything but a particularly rare or absolute top-of-the-line configuration. /tpg/ is a honeypot run by resellers trying to hock their stale stock at newfag redditors trying to consume their way into Jow Forums "culture."

Attached: 1560889647010.png (1280x878, 72K)

>but those are

>thiccpad x220
>$200
Check local sellers.

I paid 70$ for my X220. Threw an SSD in and an extended battery, paid less than 150 all in for a like new thinkpad. Check ebay.

Based and redpilled.

I got mine at the dollar store.

Gotta be patient on online auctions

I got paid for mine

Just get a Latitude.
1. Thinkpads are memed about by posers seeking nerdcred on sites like reddit (and also of course some faggots here), driving up secondhand prices far beyond what is reasonable for those machines.
2. Latitudes are arguably just as good or better. Slightly worse keyboard, but enormously better display (X220 and 230 displays suck ass, yes even the IPS).

My company does free electronics recycling, and a lot of Businesses around here recycle their old ThinkPads. All I have to do is replace the HDD and usually the caddy and cover. I just toss em on craigslist after for a quick flip. My most recent was a couple W520's. We also get alot of MacBooks with dead HDD's, Preppy Douche College nearby supplies em.

are these any good or are they slow as shit?

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-23 19-27-23.png (1072x563, 198K)

i bought a T420 with NVIDIA graphics and SSD for $250 a few years back. sold it to my dad and he used it a while and gave it back to me when he got a new laptop. so now i got it for free. its hella clean.

the second one

I'm from shitlippines and the used t440p in here goes for like 300usd.

I got one off this app called OfferUp for 120. Some people may be selling for cheaper.

>mfw got a free T420
>don't even use it
Who the fuck pays for old ass laptops people just give out for free lmao

I got my X220 for 100€ last week
Sure it's somewhat used but it has the IPS screen and is overall in pretty good condition

One way to do it, is you go on craigslist, and offer everyone half of what they are asking for.

2 months later, they will take you up on your offer.

Attached: 1562200807504.gif (400x225, 1.96M)

i literally just bought an x220 for 70 dollars on ebay. u just gotta look for ones without chargers and hard drives

>you just gotta look for the really shitty useless ones

Got a t420 with no battery for $40
Got a 9cell oem battery for $30

Scratch-free at this price. How rarted am I?

Attached: 1569302785491.png (862x229, 67K)

there's an x201 on Craigslist for $80 that I'm tempted to cop, but checking the map in that listing shows they live in the hood and I'm not trying to get robbed

What resolution?

Meant to say what display?

It's just TN, looking to replace it with an slt1

Got my x220 off ebay for 85 lol

>bro I got this Supra real cheap, just search for ones missing major components

>Who gives a shit if the fan grille is broken?

Did you buy that one recently?

£68 for mine missing hdd, threw in second hand hdd for £10. Was biding not buy it now

X220 btw

Just avoid Celeron

damm dude hope you donate them to broke cool tech autists

latitudes are better anyways these days

I'm lazy. Where's the best place to buy refurbished ThinkPads?

i'm too lazy to say

how so?

congrats you're lazier than me

I got a 120gb ssd 4gb ram x230 for just 80$ on ebay

guess how much this i5 8gb ram x220 cost me

Attached: 20190924_093032.jpg (4032x1960, 2.03M)

3 blowjobs + swallowing

I have a 7240 and a 7450. They're OK but I don't know if they're more sturdy than thinkpads. The only reason I bought them instead is because they're about 25% cheaper than similar specced thinkpads in Germany.

Literally crap, avoid at all cost.

I bought mine for 200$ back in 2013, but the thing was top config x220 with 16gb of ram, 3g modem, big AF ssd and other stuff

there ya go:
allegro.pl/oferta/laptop-lenovo-x220-i5-4gb-320gb-windows-7-zasilacz-7570377273

87 bucks.
learn fucking polish

>shitpad

>trannypad

>kikepad

>nigpad

so what are you supposed to do with your stack of thinkpads?

do you just sell them on to another autist?

>gaypad

The brotherhood of the traveling thinkpad

t. sòyboy macfag

Thanks i will get it before op can :)

>chopshisdickpad

Got mine T420 2nd gen i7 + 8 gb RAM + 160 gb SSD for 250$. I'm a 3rd worlder (Russia) so this was the only option for me and its actually not that bad (you can buy shit netbook with intel atom and 2 gb RAM + 32 gb mmc for the same price here). Also seller was from Germany while keyboard was actually in hebrew. Makes me wonder.

Attached: photo_2019-09-20_04-07-44.jpg (1280x1152, 168K)

But a t430 very recently off ebay, with new battery and charger purchased total was $85. 4gb ram/mech hard drive and required a bit of cleaning though.

I got my t420 for like 60 bucks plus a battery, and inserted a spare hard drive

it can be a decent side hustle but its something that a lot of people are involved in because it doesn't really require much money or knowledge. of course, actually turning a profit requires knowledge, but that doesn't stop people from making an ass of themselves.

if you have a decent understanding of the pricing of a thing - how much it goes for, why people use it, the value of used and damaged ones, and the potential long term value of the thing - then it could very well be extremely profitable. but there's a reason that people stick to shit like ipads and thats because they are relying on pure volume or taking advantage of people with a bad sense of value

a lot of the people who are heavily involved in that hustle are just the worst people imaginable because of how pushing into the realm of unethical behavior can turn a better profit. taking advantage of desperate poor people for cheap and potentially stolen electronics is kind of the name of the game here, you don't have to take stolen goods but look at every single phone repair shop's questionable landering of iphone parts and get back to me on the ethics of electronics repair. this isn't really a market that lends credence to integrity