My 1tb HDD is starting to make a "click" noise every 30 seconds... gimme some nice HDD brand to replace it bros

My 1tb HDD is starting to make a "click" noise every 30 seconds... gimme some nice HDD brand to replace it bros
Crystal disk says "good" tho

Attached: 1488832629320-32927915_8096348807.jpg (3000x3000, 1.59M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/iWuk7S3f8Lo?t=273
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Toshiba

>1tb HDD
The 2000s are calling.

you can get a good 16tb disk for about $110 these days.

Now that HGST is gone(bought by WD so not sure how their tech works), Toshiba > WD (HGST) > Seagate > WD. Before it was HGST > Toshiba > Seagate > WD. I'll wait few more years before Backblaze releases some new data on new Western Digital (HGST) models.

>gimme some nice HDD brand to replace it bros
You shouldn't care about what brand of hard drive you buy, because you shouldn't care if a drive fails. You should have redundancy and backups.

>My 1tb HDD is starting to make a "click" noise every 30 seconds
Is it a WD? I have a 1.5TB and a 1TB cCaviar Green and they started clicking very often about a year ago. They kept spam parking heads for some reason, but I used idle3-tools to fix it.

Attached: 1386297559544.jpg (1994x1514, 1M)

Mines been clicking for 3 years now. No worries, HDD do not fail as often as Jow Forums and other morons say they do.

Where as, I got a samsung 970pro SSD and within 2 months it failed to work anymore. The second one I had failed in 4 months.

Then. I got a WD SSD and an ADATA. Both failed within a year. Yet, my shitty HDD 2TB seagate is still going fine.

SSD not worth the 2 second BS loading times, when they do nothing else besides fail.

but I'm a poorfag and don't need that space I just save music and animu
nice advice user
it's a barracuda, but I have a 13 years old 160gb WD in my boomer rig still working kek
I thought SSD were the perfection lol

so Toshiba is a good brand thank u

Attached: 1557439942813.jpg (1048x1200, 88K)

toshiba runs loud and hot, though
the best drive you can get right now is WD Red 10 TB

post a screenshot of the results

Attached: hdd.jpg (672x784, 214K)

my old wd 1tb makes a click when i first mount it. maybe your os/drivers arent properly configed

Fucking where? Also you'll get a shingled drive.

Toshibas HDD business was acquired by seagate years ago.
Seagate is ok if you avoid their "Rosewood" drives.
HGST is probably still fine too if you get a normal cheap drive, but expect those to be noisy

Bull fucking shit.

Ive gone through 4 mechanical HDs in 7 years. They have all died from normal use. Western Digitals have been the most unreliable. It starts with a clicking noise, then file transferring becomes slower. CDI usually picks up a bad sector.

At this point, Ive gone full SSD. 4 tb drives from samsung have plummeted in price. I don't care what poorfags say, if you care about your data, get a damn SSD.

64,842,338 read errors
90,776,960 seek errors

no uncorrectable sectors or reallocated sectors, but i would replace it just in case

>Toshibas HDD business was acquired by seagate years ago.
No wait, that was Samsung. My bad.

BORN TO CLICK
PLATTER IS A FUCK
Headcrash Them All 2009
I am spinning rust
234,243,342,423 DEAD SECTORS

Attached: file.png (250x250, 44K)

heh

"No"

Attached: HorribleSubs_Machikado_Mazoku_11_720p.mkv_snapshot_21.25.696.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

I wish I was that box

Function -> Advanced Features -> Raw Values -> 10 [DEC]

beutifull pottery there user i had 2 X 2TB seagates roll over just before i was about to move house. Those cunts almost fucked me....

youtu.be/iWuk7S3f8Lo?t=273

>You shouldn't care if a drive fails.
Drive failure costs money regardless of (((redundancy)))

I recently bought a 7200RPM Firecuda SSHD. It's pretty decent for a mechanical drive but tbqh I'm not noticing a whole lot of speed in my vidya loading times compared to my old 5200RPM WD Green. Is it supposed to take several days for the caching to build up and figure out which files are my most used? I've seen some videos where they try the same loading over and over and eventually it becomes as fast as a real SSD but that's been far from my experience so far. Had it for a week BTW.

Hard drives are absolute garbage. There have been little to no advancements in the past 3 years.

NVMe is the way to go for speed.

Attached: 1511735729891.png (645x614, 83K)

But a refurbed hgst

>>NVMe is the way to go for speed.
yeah because I really need something faster than an HDD to store my anime on

This is an exaggeration btw

I have an old Toshiba Laptop which I rarely use anymore. It hasn't broken down or anything. I was thinking of getting its HDD out and put it in an enclosure. Is it worth it? It's 500gb.

>The 2000s are calling.

Why would you even need more than 1tb of space unless you are some epic gaymer or someone who works in video editing?

hehe

Attached: hdd.jpg (672x769, 194K)

>laptop hdd
>is it worth it?
no

Why? Is it that slow? I'll just use it to keep my movies and anime.

>Is it that slow?
yeah, but as you said it will be for media storage it's ok

So it's fine to get an enclosure then. Thank you.

I actually bought an SSD just so my 70GB reaction image folder would load faster when I shitpost.

Because (at least in my country) you can pay $5 more for twice the capacity, the price/capacity ratio for anything below 2TB is dogshit

wait, people still buy mechanical drives?

>Where as, I got a samsung 970pro SSD and within 2 months it failed to work anymore. The second one I had failed in 4 months.
>
>Then. I got a WD SSD and an ADATA. Both failed within a year. Yet, my shitty HDD 2TB seagate is still going fine.
>
>SSD not worth the 2 second BS loading times, when they do nothing else besides fail.
Bullshit.
If they all did die, then you have electrical problems either with your home or your power supply.

I mean..you're not wrong...but op should definitely use resources that don't require constant replacement . .

I have never in my live had an HDD fail on me, how do i know when is going bad besides the click sounds you people talk about? is this one ok?

Attached: sshd.png (827x712, 84K)

>But a refurbed hgst
No.
I bought refurbed 2TB drives because they were super cheap. Half of them didn't even work.

>refurbished HDD

Attached: wtf.png (201x272, 84K)

What the fuck is wrong with Seagate HDDs? It always looks so fucked up in CrystalDiskInfo.

Attached: file.png (1000x822, 692K)

>70gb reaction folder
Upload it

>make a "click" noise every 30 seconds...
If your pic is related, know that the Barracudas are just like the old WD Greens in that they park their heads all the freaking time, and are quite audible about it too. You can control it by disabling or tuning APM, but will have to do it on every boot because the setting does not persist.

>Rosewood
2.5" HDDs in general are just too fragile and eventually unreliable. Every single one I've owned failed in operation or was retired due to too many bad/pending sectors. Doesn't matter which vendor either, they ALL kick the bucket.

3.5" is a different matter, I have drives still active today that are 14+ years old. I'm sure the spindle bearings will fail before anything else on these fuckers.

is it helium filled?

I don't think that would be a bright idea, there's probably some files in there that would dox me and like hell am I going to sift through all of it just to make it safe to share. Also fuck me, it's over 90GB now.

Attached: 2019-09-24-144513_1920x1080_scrot.png (395x456, 33K)

It's not the space user, it's the HDD part. I feel like my SATA SSD is outdated at this point

Ok user. I just wanted have a reaction folder like that. i only have 5gb with me

Attached: 1509126161832.jpg (640x640, 78K)

>I feel like my SATA SSD is outdated
Why? You get great response time and the transfer rate is great for most things.

Look at the cost difference

>my Seagate drive is failing
I have no sympathy for you.

>The year of our lord two thousand and nineteen
>still using spinning rust drives

1tb ssd's aren't even that expensive unless you are some kinda poorfag