Bro, just use Linux! Is so easy nowadays you don't even have to use the terminal to install programs!

> Bro, just use Linux! Is so easy nowadays you don't even have to use the terminal to install programs!

Attached: Screenshot_20190924_132833.png (702x416, 32K)

>Brave
Fucking retar-
>can't copy and paste shit
Yeah, like I was saying, fucking retard.

It’s the developer’s fault for not providing a decent .deb package

>willingly installing brave
lol

>imagine not being able to copy paste 6 sentences.
Using the terminal for things like this is a lot easier that looking for that random button on a shitty gui
>t.tried windows global policy last week and spent more than i should have looking for a single line.

sudo apt install icecat
there, fixed it for you

The terminal is easy for native English speakers, newfags from other countries can't memorize the basic commands because of it. One reason Windows is popular is because it is accessible to everyone.

Windows isn't so bad after all. I don't mind retards being confined to their playpen that is Windows because then you've only got tech literate / intelligent people using Linux. There's nothing complex here; just copy and paste the lines they give you, holy shit.

>brave
fucking retard

> sudo
> apt
> curl (different meaning)

yes, definitely english native proof, this is why Linux is so popular in India, isn't it?

slav here, cli syntax in as easy as it gets

I don't understand this argument either. Most people would rather blame the tool I guess. Furthermore, English is one of the most prevalent languages in the world, so it'd make sense for most people interested in technology to learn the language in order to contribute. It makes sense too because it's good to have a standard when it comes to the languages literature is written in. It was the same way with Latin, too.

Do people feel special about using the terminal in a Linux distro? Do they feel superior? The point I want to make is that Windows has become popular because it almost completely uses the graphical interface for everything, and I think that's what the OP is implying.

what OP is implying is that he is a retarded faggot incapable of copypasting text from one window to the other

I said that was one of the reasons. I know that Microsoft forces the system on manufacturers.

>6 commands you literally just need to copy and paste
The absolute POWER of Windows users

Attached: Banksy.on.the.thekla.arp.jpg (994x742, 612K)

Do you need to feel special in order to use a terminal? Terminals have their advantages, just as a GUI does. The reason why people use the terminal is because you get shit done quick and it's intuitive and easy once you've got the basics down. Would I use a terminal for web browsing, or image manipulation? No. Would I use a GUI for deploying a server or using git? fuck no, not in a million years.

This guy gets it.

>Do you need to feel special in order to use a terminal?
I never said that.
>Terminals have their advantages, just as a GUI does. The reason why people use the terminal is because you get shit done quick and it's intuitive and easy once you've got the basics down. Would I use a terminal for web browsing, or image manipulation? No. Would I use a GUI for deploying a server or using git? fuck no, not in a million years.
I know the terminal has its advantages for developers and servers. I just find it funny when some people are surprised when some home user says they have difficulty or dislike the terminal.

Only total morons can’t use the terminal

>it's your fault linux is shit
retard

this thread reads like walking talking garbage ate undercooked chicken and alternated throwing up and shitting for 10 hours

it doesn't require you to *know* how to use a terminal
all it takes to install most programs and solve most issues is knowing what to google and copypasting lines of code into the big black scary box

So most of the population is completely stupid because they are not born knowing how to use a terminal, and they are even stupid for trying to get help. How dare a mere mortal enter my upper universe of Linux distros?

my english is fucking trash and i'm from a 3rd world country
terminal is still easier

copy pasting that is easier than installing it on any other OS
even though that shit is fucking garbage

>Do people feel special about using the terminal in a Linux distro? Do they feel superior?
You weren't implying anything here?
>I just find it funny when some people are surprised when some home user says they have difficulty or dislike the terminal.
Except home users have perfectly valid uses for using a terminal. I'm not saying that a home user should understand the difference between a shell and a terminal or what all the logical operators are. Basic commands involving file manipulation or other programs such as wget or youtube-dl can benefit the home user plenty. I don't actually think most people would struggle with this, I just think that it's intimidating to people who have only used GUIs to navigate and operate a computer.. i.e baby duck syndrome.

hey my bowels may feel like a slip n slide but at least I can handle sudo apt-get install urmom

first you made a thread dissing a kernel in place of an operating system on grounds no one here has likely ever set. i for one dont give a shit if you use the terminal or not.

then when you were politely informed that the terminal is actually in (SOME!) cases better, you became defensive and said "i just find it funny when people are surprised home users find terminals difficult" (again, no one here said they didnt, or they cant, except for one troll)

then you cherrypick that one troll and blow his six word post up to mean that the entire world is somehow being called inferior? and that linux (a kernel) is some secret club...

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-24 22-12-11.png (1444x962, 52K)

It's the dev's fault for not providing a .deb package which can be installed without using the terminal , + you gotta be retarded to use brave. And on top of thar you gotta be retarded to not understand right away what you need to do here.
Linux is a half assed system but installing shit on it even if it requires the terminal sometimes is pretty fucking easy unless you need to compile it yourself.

> Bro, just use Linux! Is so easy nowadays you don't even have to use the terminal to install programs!
who are you quoting?

>need to jump couple of hoops before system lets you install package from potentially untrusted source
>wahh linoox is too hard

I'm not the OP. And what's the problem with a person talking about Linux as a system in general? Is it some kind of sin? People make mistakes, but they can seek knowledge.

A lot of people, especially those not familiar to Linux, do not like the idea of using the terminal because it feels like you are doing something you’re not “supposed” to, as if you could easily break the computer from in there. For people who have been using Windows their whole lives, using the terminal can feel like something you only do because something is wrong. One time I was showing a friend how to install programs from the terminal, and they asked me how they can just install them through the GUI/software center instead, because they were afraid they would do something wrong in the terminal. A lot of people might get confused if you can’t do most functions through the graphical interface.

>Brave

Attached: a8cc462.png (1448x1090, 2.15M)

Yes, I agree with you here. As I said, I think that many home users can benefit from utilizing a terminal for file manipulation and other small tasks. The issue is that most users aren't comfortable using software they aren't familiar with and relating it to things they don't understand (this is the core of baby duck syndrome). If people were more understanding and learned just a bit more about their machines, they could do tasks much faster and more efficiently than they could through a GUI in some instances. Also, I'm not necessarily suggesting that people stop using GUI apps for alternative commands for the sake of efficiency, but rather finding a balance between using GUIs and using other command line utilities. There will be people who aren't willing to and simply can't use a terminal, even after you try to educate them on it, and that's fine, I just think it's important to realize the inherent benefit and to at least try it.

is there a reason they don't just provide an install script if you have to do this shit
or a fucking actual package (which can setup the repo itself too)

this isn't a Linux problem, this is just a "these devs are fucking retards" issue

Copy/pasting directly into a terminal is a bad habit. Most sites will be fine, but it's not particularly hard to lay out text on a page where hidden, malicious lines don't show up when you're looking at it, but are copied in when you select the whole thing

a mitigation is to paste into a text editor first, or to type it in manually, but most people don't do that

it's not shit, retard

linux is a kernel

Do you feel special using word to communicate or give instructions to something/someone?

Why you can't just draw like an ancient Egyptian instead of using all this confusing letters and syntax?

>can't copy and paste
Are you seriously this retarded OP?

t. brainlet brave shill

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-24_10-17-37.png (919x649, 115K)

>oh my god I have to type text into a terminal it’s so scary and hard and I’m illiterate and can’t type fuck Linux

But terminal is better then gui

/thread

Why are there posts after ?

imagine being too stupid to literally copy & paste text

thank god its so much easier to download brave_installer.exe, double click to start installer, select install location, disable Ask! Toolbar extension and click next 5 times

Attached: 120px-Top_lel_movie_scene.jpg (120x99, 4K)

Learn to use a terminal.

>gay and replied

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-24 09-41-54.png (1920x1080, 87K)