What is "toxic masculinity"?

What is "toxic masculinity"?
I've never even heard the word until this year.

Attached: 1545479246851.jpg (800x1062, 291K)

The people who say that phrase without irony or humor intend to eradicate traditional masculine roles, and make everyone try to be gender neutral, if not all outright feminine and effeminate.

Attached: 1524660513651.jpg (540x720, 96K)

Toxic masculinity is the elements of masculinity (primarily in western siciety that) lead to increased agression and decreased emotional Expression. A lot of social interactions teaches men to repress their emotions and only express anger. Which leads to increased crime amongst men.

Typically they include
Misogyny,
Homophobia,
Greed and,
Violent domination.

Toxic masculinity is said to increased the rate of Bullying and domestic violence
Men that follow traditional masculine cultural norms like risk taking , violence, dominance , putting work above family, need for emotional control, desire to win, and pursuit of social status , are more likely to suffer from : depression, stress, body image issues (body building especially feeds on and reenforces this), substance abuse, and poor social functioning.
It has been shown that in self reliance and the stifling of emotional expression work against mental health because they make it less likely to seek help and deal with complex emotions.

The term was coined by a men's rigths movement called "the mythopoetic men's movement" in the 1990s who thought that the social pressures being placed on men to be competitive , violent , independent , and unfeeling as toxic. As apposed to the more positive parts of masculinity which they considered "real " or "deep"
The term has also been adopted by feminists and sociologists .
Some feminists argue that toxic masculinity leads to the the opression of both women and men. Which is damaging to society.

Based
Cringe and cuckpilled

If educating people about things is cuckolding then I am a very big cuck. Anyways I just paraphrased the Wikipedia article

You're fine. I understand that the article you were paraphrasing from was meant to be kind of impartial, yet still favoring "progressive" interpretations to be legitimized.

This.

Could you humor me with a conservative interpretation

plese no bully

I am a conservative. I simply meant that the Wikipedia article tries to be seen as neutral, while it is somewhat biased, despite putting up that front.

>Typically they include
>Misogyny,
>Homophobia,
>Greed and,
>Violent domination.
>Toxic masculinity is said to increased the rate of Bullying and domestic violence
>Men that follow traditional masculine cultural norms like risk taking , violence, dominance , putting work above family, need for emotional control, desire to win, and pursuit of social status , are more likely to suffer from : depression, stress, body image issues (body building especially feeds on and reenforces this), substance abuse, and poor social functioning.
>It has been shown that in self reliance and the stifling of emotional expression work against mental health because they make it less likely to seek help and deal with complex emotions.

Yes, yes, women are fully incapable of doing any of that, they are the true brave faces of society. What a heroic stance these womyn are taking. We should be happy that they are better represented in the workforce via government legislation.

>in the 1990s who thought that the social pressures being placed on men to be competitive , violent , independent , and unfeeling as toxic

Competetitive and independent traits, as well as not crying every time something difficult comes along are literally traits that make a man worth something.

>Some feminists argue that toxic masculinity leads to the the opression of both women and men

Most feminists are retarded and don't understand men.

it's when you dip your penis in radioactive waste and get a super long dick but it's lethal to the touch

All women are queens and we must respect them. Women deserve your unconditional respect because they've been abused and mistreated at the hands of patriarchy. Women are also strong and independent and they don't need anyone's approval to function in society.

Attached: 8yvcqurvzun11.jpg (490x586, 19K)

Attached: npc-meme.jpg (736x430, 71K)

Attached: mommy I posted the thing again.jpg (703x531, 58K)

>Homophobia
>bad
XD

Homophobia doesnt even exist. Ive never met someone who was afraid of gay people. Its a made up term to make gay haters look like fags themselves.

I sense that traditional masculinity and toxic masculinity are used quite interchangeably, and that's an erroneous thing to do. While toxic masculinity is really just a term that means unhealthy masculinity, traditional masculinity has both good and bad aspects. Traditional masculinity isn't really misogynistic. It just treats women differently from men which is good if done correctly because women are fundamentally different from men. Their biology, and by extension their neurophysiology, is built differently because of genetic factors, and the human neural system acts as the substrate for behavior, thought, and imagination within the conscious mind. It affects how they react internally and externally with the world.

Significant amounts of homophobia within traditional masculinity makes sense, but greed and violent domination don't, especially violent domination. Traditional masculinity strives toward acquiring the resources necessary to support ones family and community and finds that going any further in that endeavor is done to secure that support for them in the future. Any more than that is looked down upon as a greedy, meaningless, shallow waste of time. Furthermore, traditional masculinity is playfully violent, which is perfectly moral because it's based around the fun of playing a violent consensual game and not around malevolent attempts at domination.

Risk taking is a positive thing when not taken to the extreme and so is the desire to win and pursue social status. Emotional control of the self is virtuous, while emotional control over others isn't, and traditional masculinity isn't about controlling others emotions. At most it's about controlling the impulses of the self and attempting to convince others to do the same. Traditionally masculine individuals don't often abuse substances either. The only thing that wikis gotten right so far is that traditional masculinity often places work over family in a dysfunctional attempt to support the family.

It’s this
>I CANT DRINK THIS DRINK ITS FOR WOMEN!

Attached: AABC1407-2F07-4C66-8539-112829919C86.jpg (2048x2048, 630K)