Have you ever wondered about how many absolutely different, unexplainable species of life...

Have you ever wondered about how many absolutely different, unexplainable species of life, incomprehensible for human mind, defying any of its theories about evolution and organics, are out there even at this very moment?
Creatures that have the capability of local teleportation just by manipulating the atoms of surrounding matter by the telecinetic power they possess.
Species the cell structure of which is so rigid and versatile that they can restructurise and adapt to any kind of environment on a whim, evolving afterwards in a matter of minutes and not millions and millions of years.
Silent, cowardly, peaceful invisible life form, which, if someone disturbs them, forms and spews out a cloud of microscopic organisms, upon inhaling which they crawl unnoticeably towards the brain and restructure the brain cells and their neuron links so that the creature becomes friendly towards that invisible life form, without being capable of thinking about any hostility towards it ever again, whether or not it meant to do so.
Creatures transforming photons into energy for their bodies and accumulating it within them, having no need for sleep whatsoever and having enough endurance to last being awake for centuries on end.
Not to mention, of course, beings with intelligence so vast even most powerful supercomputers ever created by humanity will absolutely pale in comparison.
How, 'how' can one look at all these galaxies, with all these QUADRILLIONS of worlds even on this one photo, keeping in mind that EACH of the stars can house a whole planetary system, quite possibly with even more planets than the Solar system has, with EACH of the planets possibly surrounded by dozens of satellites, some of which can themselves be the size of a planet, have an atmosphere and being a house for a sentient life by itself?
How can one, even with all that in mind, so surely, so confidently say "NO, WE ARE THE ONLY SENTIENT SPECIES IN THE UNIVERSE"?
How ignorant can some humans be.

Attached: 15000_Galaxies_in_One_Photo_HubbleDeepUVLegasySurvey.jpg (1760x1556, 1.79M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_potentially_habitable_exoplanets
forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/11/15/the-number-of-earth-like-planets-in-the-universe-is-staggering-heres-the-math/#125ce84d4932
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_terrestrial_exoplanet_candidates
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

Were you high

Didn't read it all but I think I got the gist of it.
Here is my well thought out response;

ok

Intelligence in the Universe? Yes
More intelligent and advanced than humans? No

HAHAHAHA

lol why do you care

>none of these aliens can talk with us
>tfw you will never chat over the HyperNet with a slimy eusocial fungal mold from Alpha Maletauri C

Attached: 1505398321245.jpg (1403x790, 144K)

>tfw when nothing is incomprehensible
>even quantum mechanics
people love conversations IRL
>undoes fabric of spacetime before them
they take pics
>posts them on facebook
>mfw

Attached: IMG_1794.jpg (1280x1274, 509K)

check'em

Attached: IMG_1658.jpg (376x343, 44K)

Humans - and that is actually quite fascinating - in just a little bit more than a century have made enough progress to turn from creatures that couldn't fly in the air higher that their own jump height to ones that are seriously thinking about colonising celestial bodies nearby, possibly - if humanity concentrates on space exploration instead of destroying itself - advancing towards full-scale deep space exploration.
Overall humanity's history as an intelligent specie involves just 25,000 to 30,000 years, maybe just a little bit more, the exact estimations differ quite a bit.
So what makes you think that other life forms didn't have more time and more satisfying conditions to progress much further than humanity in regards of intelligence and technology? I'm genuinely interested in the logic behind that statement.

If you think about the age of our Universe, and the age of the first written word. That time, and being on a Goldilocks-placed planet is what is needed to provide intelligence.

Also, what quite bugs me is that humans make all these theories about the formation and evolution about extraterrestial lifeforms based on the assumptions and examples only, 'only' from the Earth, and many humans start to immediately perceive these - basically baseless in comparison to sheer variety of possibilities for life formation and evolution even in the scale of just one galaxy - theories as undisputable 'facts' just because they have been made by "scientists".

Attached: STScI-gallery-1427a-2000x960.jpg (2000x960, 821K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_potentially_habitable_exoplanets

Basically if life formed on other planets, we'd know where to find them, and those "scientists" should be ridiculed.

Again, list of "potentially habitable exoplanets" based on 'human' perception, theories and examples of Earth - and only Earth - flora and fauna and how it evolved in Earth's conditions.
What makes them think that lifeforms on other types of planets can't possibly go on an entirely different path of evolution and have, say, organs capable of extracting and transforming sulphur vapors from acidic lakes of their planet into these lifeforms' nutrients?
Or having a symbiotic lifeform with plant capable of withstanding excess heat, with temperatures in which humans would shortly die, because it can accumulate and store water inside and dispence it around when needed, and an animal encased in this plant, which grows inside it and surrounds it like a shell, while the animal provides it with necessary nutrients for this protection from the heat?
The possibilities are absolutely endless - the only limit of the range of "habitable" is, again, only in humans' perception of it.

If life exists too far from the sun like on Mars, then they're frozen microbes. If life exists too close to the sun like on Venus, they'd burn up from all the radiation. Life cannot function with radiation, which is why Chernobyl, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki hasn't sprouted any new life forms.

>CHEOPS mission.
You are ridicule.

Attached: 663E00BA-788B-497C-8B8B-4918670B3369.jpg (646x634, 92K)

>new
The nature has taken over.
Life persists,
You didnt do your research

Why are you firing at allies?

Well duh, the half-life of the radioactive isotopes has made it habitable for plants. Okay, you try going to Venus with a female and try making babies.

The ONLY reason - at least, in my opinion - that humanity haven't met with any of the other intelligent lifeforms yet is because of the sheer scale of space itself.
Just look at the picrelated. And that is ONLY in the scale of the Milky Way. Now just think about that even the nearest big galaxy is 20 TIMES further than the diameter of the Milky Way.
And there are estimate amount of 2 'trillions' of galaxies even in just the observable Universe. Just try to realise the scale. And you wonder why humanity didn't meet any intelligent life beside it still?
As each and every year discoveries are made that turn entire concepts upside down, maybe, just maybe, humanity - if it doesn't destroy itself in the near future or in the process, that is - will someday finally find some sentient species out there.

Attached: rvLSskV.jpg (2515x2515, 755K)

I shall try to Venus but
>requires mechanical robot
No electronics can survive Venus
But there is a cool book called Containment which is about a habitat on Venus
Pretty cool bro sis.

Attached: 9D9C797C-7B7C-4B68-9750-C5FBB11E3FCB.jpg (646x634, 84K)

Edi wow

Space is pinchable, with gravity
So a species advanced enough could and probably would pinch space time to make their space “our space”, you know, pulling two pieces of space together. Zero width wormhole, bit like an artificial blood clot in the fabric of spacetime.
Then there would be no distance in the equation. They would already be here, right now. Observing us in this retarded looking 4th dimension.

forbes.com/sites/quora/2017/11/15/the-number-of-earth-like-planets-in-the-universe-is-staggering-heres-the-math/#125ce84d4932
Again there are sentient species out there, it's almost a confirmed fact. They're out there, but are probably not as advanced as us in terms of civilization.

It is quite possible, actually, that because of the immense vastness of space these advanced species that reached the technological level of manipulating gravity in such a way that it transforms the very fabric of space are just passing by us in their intergalactic, and possibly, in thir interdimansional travels.
Just a picrelated as well. Earth, in comparison even just with Solar system, is almost exactly 1 'million' times smaller. So even traveling from Pluto you'll have to be VERY precise, to say the least, to reach even close to Moon's orbit, not to mention close enough to be detected and observed from the Earth.
And the nearest star - again, the 'nearest' star, one of more than 100 'billions' of them just in our galaxy - is more than 3,384 times further.
And then there's cloaking technology - to possibly keep it away from any unnecessary attention - that will be just a second's thought for a lifeform this advanced.

Attached: Earth_From_Far_Away_Voyager-1.jpg (720x405, 60K)

You are very smart.

Attached: 1401B3F8-35B5-4FDB-AD2E-F35311F1C899.jpg (1280x1280, 391K)

You keep searching for these "intelligent aliens" and I'll actually do something productive in the science community, we'll see who is right when all habitable planets are colonized by humans.

I'm not getting paid to read your shit

See, most, if not all, these staggering observations and discoveries were made in just the last couple of decades or so. Quite relevant, actually, in the wake of the upcoming age of space travel and exploration, and with the advancement of human technology.
It's just that the humanity for some reason had always turned the blind eye towards that which was always right beside them, - not physically, that is, - only now starting to open its eyes towards the possibility of being not the only sentient and intelligent species in the Universe.
And I am truly glad that it finally opens up to the prospect of the discoveries linked to it.
And then there were several mass extinction events on Earth, for that or the other reason (look it up). How would all the life on Earth have developed if it wasn't for all these extinction events? How far would it have evolved?
I am certain there are answers to that out there somewhere.
It's just that some people are SO confident in their idea of "being the only life in the Universe" that it genuinely amazes me how can one be so ignorant to basically deny the existence of the whole Universe around them.

For that to come about then those present must make themselves known in the
>observable universe
Not just the presumed universe. Those are the rules. Got to be observed by a conscious individual who records the data. Then its real.

The dinosaurs were created because an asteroid/which is now the moon brought microbes to Earth. We exist because of the asteroid that brought 75% of all water we use today to Earth.

That same asteroid that brought all of the water also brought our microbes to Earth.

>theoretical hyperbole btw.
Just in cast you didnt know.

yos

Attached: 36544427_373169643210020_5184373367083368448_n.jpg (1037x1037, 136K)

Given an infinite amount of space and an infinite amount of time, yeah, there's something else. It's just really really really far away.

We've been talking theoretically for awhile now, your point?

Indeed, that's what I'm talking about.
See, everything comes to the scale of space again.
We can observe galaxies 'billions' of light years away from us, but we can't see the wildlife of these exoplanets near us. We can't even tell the exact color of these planets, if they are green, containing lush forests, or blue, possibly filled with water, or whatever.
Well, if we share links to the wiki, here:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nearest_terrestrial_exoplanet_candidates
Even these are just "candidates" for being Earth-like, meaning we can't tell if there's any wildlife there or not. But with the possibility of having 'Earth-like' life being pretty high.
And as for the possible sentient life species that "must make themselves present to us" — well, again, they are most certainly, if they are capable of space travel, are just passing by us not even knowing we are there, because even in the scale of our own Solar system the Earth is like a grain of sand compared to the beach.
If Earth was 1 millimeter wide, the Solar system would be just a bit less the size of a football field.
Seen Earth at night pics? I just hope someday humanity makes a telescope with a resolution high enough to be able to discover and observe something like picrelated somewhere else.
Imagine what an uproar, at least in the scientific societies, it will make.

Attached: 1-europe_vir_2016_lrg.png (1000x806, 211K)

cyкa блять этo ты

Attached: 1550515629470.jpg (1024x768, 105K)

But we do know the size, shape, and color of some of these planets.

Attached: lol3.png (1774x887, 844K)

For the most of them these beautiful arts linked to them are nothing but artists' impressions about how they supposedly look, though, instead of the actual photos of these exoplanets. But I do realise that even now even the most powerful telescopes can't actually make a clear photo of the object the size of a planet several 'light years' away.
I just meant photos on which you can observe different biomes and such, and see at least somewhat clearly where's water and if there are any forests or cloud formations somewhere on these planets.

Attached: ESO_SPHERE_First_Exoplanet_Photo.jpg (1280x1280, 77K)

The best we have right now is GAIA.

Attached: lol4.jpg (565x318, 56K)

I know. I just hope that someday we will have clear and comprehensible photos of exoplanets out there instead of just infographs, hopefully seeing some showing discernible Earth-like color patterns - how exciting that would be to witness, at the moment I can only imagine.
Also, holy shit it's 4 AM already. Thank you very much for the conversation, as well as I just hope that we will at last see something like Earth-from-space photos or picrelated somewhere out there in our lifetime, and hopefully as clear too.

Attached: Earth_like_Planet.jpg (2200x2200, 1.26M)

>7533675
Wow you guys are soooo smart.

Attached: 1550151239929.jpg (279x261, 17K)

>meaning?

Attached: 69310C37-26B8-4349-9416-FB2039D115CA.png (444x439, 315K)