Why Are You Not A Surveyor?

You are first one and last one on job site. Get to play God and tell people where to build shit. Not much physical labor, more mental. Surveying has a great tradition and has been a career for 2000 years.

Surveying will become easier and easier with technology and those who learn the technology will be running it and working easy.

If your a smart guy, get your Professional Land Surveyor stamp and you will make over 100k easy sitting in office stamping the maps. The average PLS holder is 55 and NOBODY goes into surveying. It's still a male dominated industry which wont change. Experience matters more than education.

The bonus. Your job title is. Party Cheif.

Attached: surveyor.jpg (800x648, 120K)

You seem dim, why would anyone volunteer to take orders from you?

Okay dont.

You wouldnt make it anyway. Stick to your courtesy clerk position

Obviously it varies by state but don't you have to be an engineer to make it? I work along side them daily on residential stuff. They all seem younger

easily replaceable by drones.

>volunteer
Confirmed for never having worked construction

I work with GIS which is better than surveying

To be a party cheif you dont have to be an engineer. You have to stay current on technology and know how to use it, also be able to survey the land and convert it into CIViL 3d or some CAD program before you hand it off. To get your stamp, its damn near the same degree as engineering. It has less "respect" than being an engineer. Some states only require experience.

I run a trimble data logger, although most is remote from as-builts, mainly municipal infrastructure

but I'm golfing today

Attached: EC85D058-09BC-4E37-86F9-0D3ED92938C6.jpg (4032x3024, 3.48M)

Hurr dur someone has to fly the drone and draft the mapping data. Have to stay current.

I like my job. I get to take money from people , get government benefits, and I get to use a pseudonym at work.

yep, someone name Kenneth who just finished art school.

a job for retards, maybe muslim can take your place.

Any links where I can find more info?

You stay in an office, I hike mountains. Case closed. I'm more precise than your preplanning data.

You are very ignorant

I use your data in a business setting and make more money probably. I can go hiking on the weekends.

cartography nerd fight!

Look up "surveyor instrument operator" jobs in your city and find an entry level position like above. It may require experience but call the boss man (usually you can find the proffesional land surveyor on company website, number and email) and explain you want to learn. Hell send him an email if your too big a pussy to call him.

For your stamp, look up Proffesional Land surveyor requirements for your state. Itll be a govt website

I get paid to hike and be in a new environment damn near daily. It's not even close my man.

Dont get me wrong, I'm young and only want to be a field guy for another decade. When I'm 40ish then I'll want th buisness setting

What do you think a vocation is in a capitalist system? Did mommy kick you in the head as a child and now you're forced to work construction?

It's cute how you have to respond twice to show how truly irritated you are by my comment. It's not worth my time re-reading your original post to nit-pick the factual errors and grammatical errors that should have been resolved by grade 8 in your education career. It's enough to know that you consider being a literal government stamper/pencil pusher is meaningful work. You are a petty overseer and your thin attempt at getting more dimwits to join your taskforce is laughable. Next time, try a board related to the topic and don't make your thinly veiled attempt at recruitment in a political board with no real reasoning other than
>you too could be a paper tyrant!
Do the world a favor and rid it of yourself.

Attached: 38010922_685913491754175_9136147697818927104_n.jpg (560x386, 27K)

>ignorant

Attached: 557682_vladjuk_michael-jackson-mr-jefferson-south-park.jpg (589x332, 76K)

Dude your tripping. I dont work for the state or a union. I'm not insecure enough to correct others grammar to make myself feel more intelligent.

It's called finding a career path that is lucrative and has high demand with a retiring talent pool. Causes high paying jobs out of gate for young guys and an eagerness by private companies to hire/train/invest in the employee. Look up the numbers for Profesional land surveyors. It's not a field gig but pays damn well.

Surveyor here. OP is correct in that the surveying job market is small. Entry level is a rodman, where you hold a rod level and plumb to mark/locate given points. New equiptment is robotic making the instrument man obsolete. Getting a license requires a 4 year degree with feild time acrued post graduation as well as a written test.

Because i became a firefighter instead and now i enjoy my retirement..

worthless antihuman profession
>tell people where to build shit
in normal world people build shit on their own without asking some redundant faggot for permission to build shit on their own land
fuck you for supporting this garbage system that requires 3rd party to confirm your rights to your own stuff

Deflect more from the fact that the reason you're being shit on is you're flooding the board with off-topic recruitment memes for your particular dying profession. A thread died for this. Congrats, you're "blue collar". Super redbilled and pased! What, do you want a fucking medal?

Attached: 1545398478614.jpg (1600x1037, 194K)

>Surveying will become easier and easier with technology and those who learn the technology will be running it and working easy.
Sounds like it's on the cusp of automation which wont work out for anyone.

Attached: 15515408542732323964015169048036.jpg (2560x1440, 1.09M)

you can't imagine the ignorant looks one gets in GIS, most people cannot into gis

Yup. Let the dumbfuck concrete pourers just read some engineering plans, look at an open field and guess where shit goes.
>hmm I think I'm close.

george washington was a surveyor

I am now, hence why I'm trying to get the PLS which is on par with being an engineer

Or you could learn to code.

nah they don't make 100k and its 8 years of education. Technician and party chief job are relatively shit pay for a field where the majority of positions keep you away from home for weeks at a time.

its not terrible work but the sweet jobs are few and the rest are never home.

Doesn't Destiny's Child have a song about this?

Literally pajeet-tier

>planning shit
disgusting
I bet you are one of those pencil monkeys who draw fantasy plans on somebody elses land

I was a licensed surveyor for many moons... the second oldest profession

Surveying is literally based in ancient pagan rituals. Until Abraham religions die, surveying will always be a needed relic of the past.. surveying’s dead pagan carcass has been picked clean of all the money making. Between lawyers, government, larpers, insurance... surveying is shackled in a dungeon

Not for other people you dumbass, if you have the time to invest in anything it should be something for yourself.

GIS master race.
The best perk of being a land surveyor is working outside, if you work pipeline projects its pretty fucking sweet; out innawoods driving quads and measuring (sometimes) uncharted lands. Surveying is one of the last redpilled careers out there.
How is the scale of pay in the USA like between field and office guys? I have my GIS ticket but worked as a draftsman for a surveying company and made 83k in Alberta drafting plans, the field guys were making up to and over 100k out in the field. My college buddies who went into GIS analyst roles made less than me though.

>imptrash
lol get fucked

Its region based. The union dudes where I work make 45/hr. So private is a little less but with more steady work, and better perks. Atleast in my case. 30-35 for a good party cheif is good where I work and all the overtime you want. I know dudes who are working 60-70hrs a week for the past 8 months.

Someone has to look at plans on paper and apply them to natural ground field with varying degrees of slopes and elevations. Someone has to locate where shit goes. You are dumb if you cant comprehend how important it is to put things in right places when it comes to construction. Such as weight bearing loads.

dude, don't samefag

A lot of Maritimers at my old company did fly-in-fly-out and would work 70 hour weeks for like 8 months straight, then take a layoff and have 4 months off over the winter. A guy I grew up with did this and bought 25 acres and a nice home semi off grid, all paid for by the age of 25. Living the fucking dream man.

Surveyors tend to stay in the office. The techs (me) did the field work. I worked in some remote areas, It was awesome.