Why do americans build this way? its such shit lol

why do americans build this way? its such shit lol.

this kind of build looks as if there is a civilization of goblins that dwells on the place of the once great civilization and knows some of its technology due to contact but doesnt know how to use it fully. So it has some outer resemblance of high civilization but done half way and without the needed intelligence to apply those methods...what a second!

Attached: framing-placas-osb.jpg (470x360, 76K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k3Wpx34wDSQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>...what a second!

*...wait a second!

Attached: amerimutt1526326692560.png (309x384, 86K)

Based Croat is back

Attached: based.jpg (1418x3296, 2.88M)

why do europeons get upset about building houses from timber? not everyone wants to live in commie blocks.

We get it. Your architecting is superior

Based German immigrants

Attached: Cracaualt2.jpg (791x600, 295K)

>why do europeons get upset about building houses from timber?

oh shut up, you dont build it out of timber, timber tudor style houses are 400 years old today and still hold. you build them out of too young pinewood and GLUE (aka OSB boards), wrap it in plastic Tyvek and put some toxic foam on it. I just dont get it, its not even labour easy work, almost af you do some kind of ironic prank towards yuroopoors

>hey yooropoors
>look how much money we have, look how stupid we build

wooo wooo!

Attached: framing_osb0216-f4-3.jpg (800x533, 118K)

Holyshit dude. Fuck off back to diy. Noones buying your shitty bricks

>Noones buying your shitty bricks

bricks are selling like crazy! u bhai?

this is nice, where is it from, how old?

>pine is not timber

Attached: 1527060139081.jpg (640x640, 42K)

These houses typically last about 100 years, which is a good time for the 3rd or 4th generation in a family to knock it down and rebuild a house on the same land.

It'll cost about the same as a new house anyways.

Let them be, it's their version of civilization, a fancy hut.

The same exact house built from brick would cost 4x as much.

>These houses typically last about 100 years

more like 20

>pine is not timber

you should use old pine exclusivly or any kind of old wood, young wood is a no no

>The same exact house built from brick would cost 4x as much.

not exactly, but it would take more time to build. Brick is more expensive primarily because more time, not labour and materials.

Attached: framing_osb.jpg (800x600, 152K)

A lot of single family residential homes are wood construction in North America because it’s such an abundant, inexpensive, and renewable resource. It also performs well in seismic areas such as the west coast because of its lighter weight and rigidity when using plywood/OSB as shear walls.

>this is nice, where is it from, how old?

One of the few surviving buildings in Magdeburg, Germany, 140 years

It's a so called Rayonhaus - a house in front of the city walls that was designed to be easily demolished in case of a siege

Attached: COLOGNEopera.jpg (600x1189, 392K)

americans are scum and not even white so who fucking cares, let their jewish overlords make billions off chip board and development contracts

I'm sure you'd prefer a mud hut nigger.

Doesn’t matter. Houses aren’t built for design as much as utility now. You can build a house for under $50,000 in some areas. Brick does nothing particularly better than wood to justify spending as much as it costs.

Welcome to nu/pol/, where a croat can make the same thread every day for months at a time about a country he will never be able to afford to visit for no other reason than to shitpost, pushing decent actual political threads off the front page.
I didn't know there were jews in croatia but apparently there must be, considering this fag is either being paid or autistic enough to make this thread over and over.

>Brick does nothing particularly better than wood to justify spending as much as it costs.
fucking idiot cucklord

dude, most track homes and apartment buildings are made out of green lumber from rapid-growth tree farms. it's garbage. it's not like old growth quarter sawn timber frame. Timber frame does exist in the US but it is very rare - so rare that people purchase old timber frame barns and rebuild them into houses.

Attached: barn-style-home-green-oak-conversion-kitchen.jpg (1024x768, 500K)

Prove me wrong.

>european architecture is superio-

You clearly know fuck all

This.

>decent threads
now, now, now user; you know it's 95% garbage
also, build quality for investment purposes and the regulations that allow for garbage to be made is on topic.

brick doesn't turn into a pile of moldy trash after one leak.

termites and pests, fire, shrinking and swelling, timber needs more maintenance over time, brick has better insulation etc
kys american cuck

All of those can be mitigated by not being retarded.
Neither does wood. If a single leak dooms your home, you live in the ghetto. House lumber is treated you inbred

>its not even labour easy work,
It's cheap.
Requires maintenance.
And allows for retarded problems that will cost money to solve. (animals inside the walls, mold forming inside the wall, etc.)

Welcome to capitalism with an extra chromosome.

>These houses typically last about 100 years

>This type of construction that has only been used in the last 30 or 40 years normally lasts 100 years.
>the sales representative told me so!

>wood frame
>30 or 40 years
Wanna know how I know you’re 18?

maximum profits

It's the taco benders that retards get to build their houses that make em end up that way.

particle boards aren't fucking lumber.

ok fuckhead just jump off a cliff you got proven wrong

It's just typical degenerate american capitalism. Cheapest shittiest materials, unnecessarily labour intensive, astronomical asking price, poor longevity so you can start the whole process again in 5 years when the piece of shit falls down or the OSB rots out. Rather than making a good strong home to live in the aim is just to make as much money at every possible stage.

BECAUSE IT'S CHEAPER, WHICH IS IRONIC SINCE THEY SELL THESE HOMES AT A HIGHER PRICE THAN THEY'RE ACTUALLY WORTH.

THE ANSWER IS ALWAYS JEWS

(((Fire insurance)))

dude just fuck off, americans are the jews

Many people buy them as an investment, too. So why don't put a little more money and effort into it? You're going to sell it sooner or later anyway so why don't invest in long-lasting materials...

Hmm...OP, magically a reverse image search reveals that is BRAZIL, not the US. Shocker. KYS shill cuck.

The people who run everything are Jews. I'm not a Jew, you kangaroo fucker, and don't you ever call me one.

>americans are the jews
wrong.
they just worship them

You will never own a home.
Meanwhile my master bedroom is bigger than your tiny little euroshit "apartment."

you are a jew

Faggot.

Literally this. You are all fucking newfags taking this subhumans shit-tier bait.

This is a photo from Brazil you fucking incels

:^)

This asshole again, last time we hijacked his thread and he got all pissed off and tried to derail it to no ends.

>why do americans build this way?
>build
>politics
no fuck you.

same flag same stupid pasta

All new houses here are timber frame trash too, they put up a non load bearing outer wall made of cement cast to try & look like stone, it looks like shit but morons think they're stone built houses.

Because our nation was formed by frontiersman conquering a land of savages. Often they were on the move and shelters had to be constructed quick/easy by the ‘common man’. We have continued that practice until we overwhelm everything like blood sucking bed bugs.

jet fuel can't melt particle boards
/thread

>Wanna know how I know you’re 18?

>the Croat clearly criticized the OSB walls covered in plastic and shitty foam
>muh wood frame
Wanna know how I know you have an extra chromosome?

>jet fuel can't melt particle boards
not today lad

Attached: wewlad.png (223x287, 71K)

>forgot pic

Attached: 403967D3-1276-4B4C-9A72-0E433AB385B4.jpg (1024x685, 234K)

just look at this ugly toxic mess

>I didn't know there were jews in croatia but apparently there must be, considering this fag is either being paid or autistic enough to make this thread over and over.

dont blame me bro, thread always delivers some epic banter + your construction really is a scam so I, as an apple pie big tits muscle car man, am helping my fellow americans.

>it's not like old growth quarter sawn timber frame. Timber frame does exist in the US but it is very rare - so rare that people purchase old timber frame barns and rebuild them into houses.

hngh at dat joinery, but a nightmare for dust.

>Brick does nothing particularly better than woo

GLUE IS NOT WOOD. STOP IT. YOU USE GLUE, ASPHALT AND SPRAY FOAM. NOT WOOD. no wonder people get sick.

>Because our nation was formed by frontiersman conquering a land of savages.

Idk, americana culture used to have durability based products, masculinity and all that jazz, solid log houses, steel, stone...this new shit just looks like the worst chineese import.

Attached: OSB ROOF ROT PERFECTLY SAFE FOAM.jpg (1024x768, 143K)

no really, not today, get new pasta and pics, its the same shit every time.

>no really, not today, get new pasta and pics, its the same shit every time.

will do. I just find americans cute when they get rilled up about some stuff

Attached: framing OSB dios mio.jpg (1300x866, 177K)

Wood homes are easier to modify. In addition, we have restrictive covenants in our country, requiring neighborhood conformity. Timber is much easier to procure in our country and carpenters are overabundant, wheras bricklayers and masons are a but more obscure (our base labor force is largely Mexicans, so we fucked ourselves there.) So mass producing homes has become a norm, and only wood is reasonable.
You have to remember that your country likely has far less variation in climate as well. Wood homes typically stand up to natural disaster (and are more easily insured) better because they have more give. Wood homes are actually far more easy to insulate as well despite common opinion, even moreso now that spray has become a norm.
As a general contractor I really see no problem or disadvantage to a well built wooden home vs one of brick. Longevity is roughly the same so long as you are replacing siding, which is a strong disadvantage of brick (irrepairable erosion & silt.) Newer siding now like hardy plank is basically concrete anyways, and lasts virtually forever so long as you paint the home when it needs to be painted.

Maybe you should start taking the subject seriously instead of treating it as a joke. The Euro isn't the joke here, it's this country and its methods for building homes.

Which again, they're built cheap and sold at a ridiculous price, far more than they're actually worth.

nice try, but no. it's stale pasta, constantly posted here. Shutup, try harder

It's because tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, and hurricanes are commonplace in America.

Houses made with bricks last for centuries
Cheap American wooden homes don't even last for your children to use them

Attached: pelourinho.jpg (550x366, 55K)

Pathetic.

every builder in America are on drugs
and the local government all but FORCES me to use them to do things to my house ethat Imyself can do, alone

LOL enjoy your Chinese overlords

Attached: 1461315485492.jpg (1240x600, 428K)

>Pathetic.
try harder my man, get new pasta, this shit is stale.

>Idk, americana culture used to have durability based products, masculinity and all that jazz, solid log houses, steel, stone...this new shit just looks like the worst chineese import.
I forget the phrase, but is something like this
>Cost
>Quality
>Quickness???
Pic 2 out of 3. In other words something has to give. You can’t have all 3.

no brick in US, try harder retards

>bricklayers and masons are a but more obscure (our base labor force is largely Mexicans
That’s scary because visiting Mexico their mason work is absolute shit.

fucking dollhouses man

Attached: tornado season.jpg (980x552, 279K)

Looks like some cheap (((hollywood))) movie set. People actually pay to live in that shit?

>fucking dollhouses ma
it be's that way

I agree buddy. I’ve looked far and wide for young people to learn the trades, but all of my labor force is strung out or Mexican. Mexicans now are getting federal tax ID’s and starting LLCs as foreign companies, then running staffing agencies, and I’ve been forced to hire a lot of those guys despite knowing their illegality. No one wants to pick up a shovel or learn a trade anymore, even when I’m offering these guys $15-20 an hour in rural areas. It’s a really bad situation here that no one seems to notice or care about. Not a business to get into starting for sure.

>It's because tornadoes, earthquakes, floods, and hurricanes are commonplace in America.

so why on earth dont you build them to outlast a cuck tornado or tank shell or race war like we do (or FLORIDA!?) with reinforced conrete?

>every builder in America are on drugs

contractors everywhere are weaselish characters.

(((real estate)))

only cuck house is scared of a tornado

Attached: croatian shit shack red brick concrete 10.jpg (800x600, 98K)

While that is true this is the style used in burger land

I'm a burger in Germany

I've always had a hard on for building a typical American mcmansion with German construction techniques.

In 100 years it'll be the only remaining example the world over and in 200 years it'll be called "German Mcmansion" as their existence in the US will be a point of debate.

Imagine the skull fuckery I could have with historians.

Still shilling your faggy bricks?

tell us again how all croat homes mold up, and how you guys don't use the right paints that breath making the problem worse, enjoy the mold and cancer

>so why on earth dont you build them to outlast a cuck tornado or tank shell or race war like we do (or FLORIDA!?) with reinforced conrete?
Repeat business. Just buiild it again and wait til your lucky numbers come in three years later and balst it down again.
Its the same as retards who live on flood-plains

Stone>bricks>wood, prove me wrong plebians

It's sad because Americans have such a rich history in terms of residential architecture

Attached: history_of_american_houses.jpg (1950x2600, 706K)

youtube.com/watch?v=k3Wpx34wDSQ

I own a 150 year old brick house and nothing has ever needed doing to the exterior surface, so your longevity arguement is a fallacy. Show me a 150 year old wooden house that hasn't had extensive external recladding/upkeep. Again, natural disasters? A wooden home will burn more easily and is weaker than brick. Although a concrete home would be best in that regard. It's strange though because wooden homes in the UK are more expensive to insure and harder to get a mortgage on in a lot of cases.

you talk a lot of shit, get that cough checked out, enjoy that peeling wrong paint you used and mold filling up your homes

Attached: croatlungCANCER.png (402x105, 5K)

Building a hurricane or tornado proof house in the mountains...

>No one wants to pick up a shovel or learn a trade anymore, even when I’m offering these guys $15-20 an hour in rural areas. It’s a really bad situation here that no one seems to notice or care about. Not a business to get into starting for sure.

People who work with their hands dont think.
People who think, dont work with their hands.

My next book: "Geneology of morals and decline of architecture"

>I've always had a hard on for building a typical American mcmansion with German construction techniques.

DO IT! Mcmansion out of reinforced concrete with quality materials but tacky design. NICE!

>Still shilling your faggy bricks?

yep, wanna bhai bruce?

>tell us again how all croat homes mold up

wat?

>Repeat business. Just buiild it again and wait til your lucky numbers come in three years later and balst it down again.

if carpenters were payed decent wage, this faux economy would crumble, its totally unsustainable.

>Stone>bricks>wood, prove me wrong plebians

actually its all good, solid wood build is very underestimated.

Attached: swiss alpine house overhang wood.jpg (735x529, 123K)

tell us how croatia ranks #8 in the world with lung cancer deaths and how your homes smell nice when they mold up. Breath deep stupid.

>Meanwhile my master bedroom
Your bedroom? Don't fool yourself, most houses are bought through (((mortgage))) and don't belong to buyers for most of their life

Attached: 1462832230811.jpg (260x273, 17K)

>People who work with their hands dont think.
>People who think, dont work with their hands.
That's pretty fucking stupid and easily disproved by any artists or sculptor.

saved!

smoking bro

>Building a hurricane or tornado proof house in the mountains...

Attached: house1534674545478.jpg (1000x702, 334K)

yup, you tell them, you don't even own the house, you pay property taxes, its not yours, you're just renting really

2 words, capitalist greed. Longer explanation is that retards want more money and more houses and don't give a shit about quality.

Leaf here, and I work in a lot of new home construction. I dont build the houses, but my job lets me come into the houses as they are being built to install various things.

New houses here are absolute trash, built as fast and cheaply as possibly. Work crews are often poo and loos and mexicans rushing everything as fast as they can. Walls are often crooked and slanted as fuck. You can often throw a level on a random wall in the house and find that from the bottom of the wall to the top, it leans in/out an inch difference. Thats insane, but its commonplace.

The house frames are made out of basically fresh green pine, thats kiln dried and cut into 2x4's and other various length/widths. The wood is twisted and bent as fuck from the start. You can hold up brand new fresh 2x4s and look down the length of it and its bent like a fucking pringles potato chip, but they will still use that to build your walls. And then on top of that, they build houses year round, meaning your fresh new house frame gets rained/snowed on for weeks while they build it, twisting and deforming it even further.

New houses are shit. SHIT.

Attached: canada eh.jpg (617x357, 94K)

I am going to pay mine off in 7.5 years, again, wrong.

>I am going to pay mine off in 7.5 years, again, wrong.
yea, and I bet you don't pay property tax too! ha ha checkmate

Sure, there’s a longevity argument, but if you’re building track homes like many American suburbs, mass production is the only answer and only wood is viable here for that purpose brother. I agree, those homes are unequivocally shit.
But well built wooden homes, with premium siding, are gonna last a long long time. They’re easier to modify, easier to expand, easier to update, easier to insulate, etc. Kudos to the guy that laid those bricks, but people here are always looking at 1. What’s economical and 2. Future proofing.
When it comes to natural disasters, fires are more problematic for wood homes, but fires comprise like 1% of our disasters. Almost everything we face is seismic or wind shear, where it’s better for the home to keep its mobility, or fragment instead of completely crumbling.
Not shitting on brick homes at all though. There would be a lot more of them here, we just have a ton of wood and an overage of carpenters vs brickmasons.