Jow Forums - Technology

Jow Forums - Technology

Attached: 1517297835066.png (836x2009, 626K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3sh4kz_zhyo
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_government_mass_surveillance_projects
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundless_Informant
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

me on the bottom

i broke debian the other day when i was trying to update my graphics drivers

Attached: 1517198921902.png (319x388, 158K)

Attached: u.jpg (800x600, 261K)

i'm considering installing gentoo now

when u r downloading open source you are downloading communism.

Attached: 1552192816801.png (672x787, 930K)

wtf I love opem source now

epic

youtube.com/watch?v=3sh4kz_zhyo

Attached: 1544762800552.png (640x480, 222K)

First part is very accurate because only weebs use Linux who circlejerk on their anime wallpapers and rice their distro all day long.
MacOS is for hipsters though, and Windows is for normal people. So stop putting anime girls next to it

Enjoy your botnet

she does not like windows

Attached: scrot.png (1600x900, 1.23M)

"B-but I don't Windows to spy on me! The evil corporations are collecting muh datas! I have no life and no Facebook and no Twitter and no friends though and likely my data is worthless but I don't want Windows to know I cheat on my waifu with another waifu"

good post

>I don't care if they spy on me, I have nothing to hide
The absolute state of (You)

When I will get an other laptop
i migth instal Arch

I didn't imply that. I said that it's more tinfoil than anything.
Types like linuxtards always existed. Usually scrawny or fat, nerdy recluse types. Too ugly/weird/greasy to not scare girls so they abandoned the idea of being orbiters and withdrawn from society completely. Usually sympathize with the left but too unsociable to ever seriously participate in anything. Always distrustful so they cling to conspiracy theories, used to say government was spying on them, making theories about who killed Kennedy and crying that tap water is poisoning people.
Linux simply gave them what they always wanted, the ultimate nerd recluse toy. Full tinfoil from "spying", free and with leftie flavor, and lets them feel like superior intellect smarty boys making a "change".
These types will always say there's a conspiracy about something, so people have stopped giving a fuck long ago. Now they're saying Windows is spying on them. It's nothing new.

which touhou is best distro void

>Full tinfoil from "spying
In our time it is possible.
And if you have a very high degree of paranoia, you can buy for 1 to 2/3 Kilobux dollars free computers on risc-v or POWER9

it technically is. but so is poisoning people with tap water. doesn't mean they're gonna do it. especially since actual spying is likely illegal in most countries (I assume) so if it blew up then the public backlash alone would screw them hard.
moreover, this shit is old. people used to wonder what if your ISP spies on you. they see your traffic, right? before that, there were fears of phone tapping, letter opening, etc etc.
Funny—all of the above is actually practiced where? Commie China. Make you think, huh. Bet USSR would do the same if it was alive.
I hate Win 10 anyway but I use it mostly for games.

>especially since actual spying is likely illegal in most countries
loleso if it blew up then the public
Protests were if you don't know, 0 results
and 90% dont care about it
>Funny—all of the above is actually practiced where? Commie China
not only
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_government_mass_surveillance_projects
And NSA collect data from China too en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundless_Informant
>they see your traffic, right
Yes, but there are some ways for confidentiality, I can’t say 100% certainty, because I haven’t studied all this shit, but I can say one thing. What I mentioned above is the open source codes of hardware and software, and you can check their source code for spyware things, so if there is not a single spying code in the executable program = no botnet

Dont overdose on open source, or you'll end up a fat hobo like Richard Stallman.

Attached: Richard_Stallman_Conversing.jpg (512x417, 27K)

>Protests were if you don't know, 0 results
if it was an actual spying and not "we track searches" then we'd see.
technically poisoning people through GMOs and E additives is possible, like every babushka in Russia will tell you. you can also eat only food from your garden, drink your own water, etc, etc. like you said it depends on your degree of paranoia. personally my degree is very low. trust is healthy and when there's mostly speculation and fearmongering, I prefer not to worry.

he's a fat hobo because he overdosed on jew

>if it was an actual spying and not "we track searches" then we'd see.
it was retard
>people through GMOs
>on your degree of paranoia
Once again, you have open source codes and you check them, if you don’t find any spying features in source, you can compile them.
And I am not going to read this idiotic analogy anymore

>it was spying
what exactly counts as spying in your opinion
>And I am not going to read this idiotic analogy anymore
no you will. you can also assemble your own hardware to see if there isn't a hidden mic or camera in it. see, you just did.

>no you will
1. There is an opportunity, unlike the binary(proprietary)
>what exactly counts as spying in your opinion
collecting metadata, and searches too.
and it can not be spying?

Attached: PRISM_Collection_Details.jpg (700x525, 91K)

kot