What happened to all that Atheism vs Religion stuff that happened a decade ago?

What happened to all that Atheism vs Religion stuff that happened a decade ago?

Attached: 487.png (838x1050, 158K)

Atheism is the smart way of looking at life but unfortunately humans haven't evolved far enough to be able to function properly without a religion and people are starting to get that so I suppose it's dying out. Plus muslims.

It's still happening and it's still gay

Case in point

Good point.

atheists became unbearable and nobody really cares anymore

Arguing about something that is supposed to only affect the individual is useless, this is good because humans should be really working together and respecting instead of arguing over petty shit.

Attached: 1576893E-3647-4852-9248-67A58551455A.jpg (964x1388, 154K)

you can't reason with christians because they're in a cult

Fedoras became pagans and pray to Odin who literally drank semen

Attached: 1550517420764.jpg (1952x1329, 1.55M)

there will never be an answer
everyone is confused and scared
and everyone is sick of this argument

Why can’t we all get along? I believe the bible is mostly metaphorical, and that the process of evolution was described in the story of Adam and Eve, why can’t we accept each other? I am so sick and tired of this ‘arguing’ shit when the only thing it effects is yourself, I can never be 100% certain that what I believe is true anyway.

Attached: B5212A5B-1D5E-4174-8656-EA1EC145AAD5.jpg (1200x500, 54K)

Atheism pretty much had a schism between the Skeptics and the SJWs when Richard Dawkins argued with some feminist in an Elevator, along with that, there was also Dawkins being caught supporting Mild Pedophilia, Christopher Hitchens Dying, and the fact many Atheists concerted to Paganism about 5 years ago.

to me it seems to take so little perspective and self awareness to follow organized religion that i just can't respect people that are involved in it

But Kant, Dostoevsky and Kierkegaard were all respected philosophers and were heavily religious. Andrei Tarkovsky was one of the worlds greatest film-makers, and he used religious themes in his films. Heck, even Voltaire who was a rationalist was religious.

I just don’t see how you can judge another person wholly on this one small thing, in the end of the day the only one losing is the one angry at another for following/not-following a certain religion. Christianity isn’t even the only religion, even though a lot of people treat it as if it is.

Attached: 0BF82A91-836B-4BD8-9BA8-53123DB6A4C4.gif (450x253, 1.91M)

also just recently i was in a situation where i was around a couple of them and they were consistently the worst people in the institute

this particular fat fuck found jesus age 45 and would absolutely berate everyone for 'using the lords name in vain' and generally was a creep to women. also a diagnosed schizophrenic.

it just seems like religion itself is a tool for psychopaths to try and gain power and influence over other people by couching whatever they say in religious doctrine. he'd literally berate other people for not going to church and acted like his shit didn't stink when he was literally a violent alcoholic douchebag who spent his entire life going to metal concerts

i'm not basing my entire opinion of christians on him but it was already really fucking low and i had to deal with this prick and an ice addict woman with 8 kids to 3 fathers every single day trying to tell me how great god is

There will always be people like him, I hate them too. Just don’t judge everyone because of that, and have some respect for the philosophical ideas/perspectives expressed in every culture/religion...unless it’s Scientology. I despise fundamentalism, it’s the most hypocritical shit in the world.

>But Kant, Dostoevsky and Kierkegaard were all respected philosophers and were heavily religious.
id their religious beliefs accented their work it doesn't change the fact that if they were born in china they'd be buddhist or muslim if they were born in saudi arabia

its all interchangeable shit

i haven't outright hated anyone for being religious but i immediately think less of them

imagine actually caring if somebody believes in god or not lmao what a bunch of autists

I wouldn't have as much of a problem with religious people if they didn't judge other people with their own creed's yardstick.

I was eating lunch in the cafetera at work one day, just minding my own business when a gay couple kissed on TV. Some guy behind me goes "That's disgusting, they are going to hell." I tell him to keep his opinions to himself because this is a workspace and religiously neutral, and he goes "You support that then huh?" all disgusted and angry. I just said "Yeah." and discontinued the conversation but I'm sure I heard him say "You're going to hell too."

Not to mention the unbelievable amount of arrogance it takes to say "This is the absolute truth, everything else is blasphemy."

It would almost be worth it if after I died I ended up in some asian/european culture's hell, just to see the face on the christian/muslim who where 100% certain that they KNEW what was really going on. What a fucking laugh that would be.

Everyone agreed to disagree and fucked off to more important things ie: Atheists went back to prepping their buttholes for the inevitable campaign of Bernie 2020, Catholics went back to laundering money and fucking little boys, Jews went back to handing out exorbitant loans, and Muslims went back to blowing up... Well except for Pakis, they blow up and fuck little boys.
Point is like said, they're all gay.

Grow plants and stop caring about trivial shit you can't control such as 90% of the worlds population.

Attached: isis chan melon 1511645768534.jpg (1024x1309, 120K)

i only argue about it on the internet but it really bothers me. people are either innately good for bad and if religion has no bearing on whether someone's good or bad then it becomes a massive problem for society when religious people are supposed to be self appointed moral authorities with actual influence

Attached: 1550560864211[1].jpg (707x1000, 135K)

Atheism is a religion itself too because they can't know either and only believe that there's no god.
Most of the atheists today reason their belief with the absurdity of the religions stories. They're not wrong about that, but that's not a reason why there's no god.

Maybe the people who wrote down the stories in the bible have seen a god, or witnessed things that could've only been done by an almighty being.
Maybe it was just one single, intelligent human with schizophrenia who wrote down all the auditory and visual hallucinations he had on paper and later some guys found it and their only explanation why a person would write down a story that long that it would take half of one's Life to write (back then around 20 years), was, that it must be true.

After all, we humans know much, but the knowledge is not always true. Just think about all the lies you've told in your life and the people whomst you've told them still believe. They think they know something, but you simply fooled them. What if there is a god and he just fools us with everything we perceive. I don't know, either because this god does a really god job at fooling me or because there really isn't a god. No fucking clue.

Well, if god is a troll then it really does not matter if he exist or not :P

That's pretty much the thing. Atheism is still based on a hypothesis. A hypothesis that can be argued as extremely highly plausible, but not provable, which means it stays a hypothesis. There are very concrete examples in science where basing yourself on an unconfirmed hypothesis can still lead to very fruitful results mind you. But once an "atheist" starts arguing that he's the only one basing himself on fact because he sticks to the scientific principles, that's when it goes awry. That's just not a sound argument

>only believe that there's no god.
whether there is one or not is actually irrelevant to what you think of people who are advocating god(s) to you

that's not even part of the argument anymore because that part is actually meaningless

the real arguments are
>if there's one god why can't there be many
>are religious institutions accurately portraying this supernatural creature
>what does 'god' even mean and why is there never going to be a consensus on it

People on both sides stopped caring and grew out of it. It's one of the most pointless contentions in all of human history.
I mean atheism can be interchangable for religion or agnosticism too so.

am i even making sense i've been awake like 2 days. i just think its total faggotry to complain about atheism being narrow minded when everyone's just arguing for monotheism which dismisses 99% of other religions anyway

Attached: 1552488175235.png (500x671, 313K)

Not to me actually but it's fine lad
It seems you have less of a beef with religion itself and more with how it is organized for the masses

Maybe he doesn't troll us. I mean, what was the reason why a god, like, for example, stated in the bible, made everything including us humans? He's said to be almighty, so he could just make himself happy forever instead of creating us and being angry at us for doing stuff he doesn't like. So the god in the bible isn't almighty, he lacks something. Something, that he can't fill without working for it. And so, he worked to create everything including us humans, and that filled what he lacked.

What if this being is scientifically possible to exist, like us humans? I mean, it needed to work to fill something it lacks. We do the same, we do things to fill something we lack.
We lack purpose, so we fill that lack of purpose by giving ourselves a purpose. And this purpose is for us altogether the same: to survive as a species forever, to become more and more complex, to increase our power and might. And, maybe, once we are extremely powerful, yet not almighty, we lack something. We need to work and create a new everything, including a species, and that fills what we lack.

No, agnosticism is. I'm an atheist myself tho

Can I steal that post

Suit yourself.

Thanks man. Just for the record it's something I already pretty much had in my head myself but you managed to explain it a lot more eloquently than I ever could. And I kinda maybe somewhat have to write an essay about my belief system for university work

Some idiots aren't christpilled, and it's just beating a dead horse trying to argue with an atheist. They rather be nihilistic and think of life in basic terms rather than understand the Divine power. Have fun tipping your fedoras and feeling like Mr. knowitall. You're missing out on the truth :+)

The religious guys woke up and realised it's all superstitious nonsense.

Here's what I personally believe. Man created religion out of fear of death. For something to look forward to, an afterlife of some sort. But it was all taken over by greedy rich dudes that want you to give you money. I personally am an Atheist, but I respect all religions. You shouldn't make fun of people for what they believe in, that makes you a shithead that's equal to a 15-year old edgelord.

t. doesnt know what agnosticism is

Based kant poster