Western cartoons are better than any anime this country shit out. Every anime feels like carbon copy of another...

western cartoons are better than any anime this country shit out. Every anime feels like carbon copy of another. it has to many tropes. Western cartoons are much more varied and unique in both art style and content.

Attached: 1552392459170.jpg (480x362, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AS36_4FvTE0
money.com/money/5411420/when-is-the-next-recession-economists/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>self-haters

you better be talking about early disney work nigger

if it aint broke

then It will be soon because America is due for another recession according to current economic estimates

Post proof

>western cartoons are better than any anime
agreed
touhou numba wan, fuck anime, fuck boatsluts
youtube.com/watch?v=AS36_4FvTE0

EGS is best anime.

money.com/money/5411420/when-is-the-next-recession-economists/

>Every anime feels like carbon copy of another. it has to many tropes.
I assure you in the West it's the same or even worse. Usually it's just unconnected episodes with cliche characters/plot, where character growth, exploration and relationships are barely ever present. Most anime is several levels above this in terms of writing, at least in non-flat characters or plot.
When Western cartoons do have plot, it usually boils down to goody-goody moralizing cliches and safest shit imaginable. Maybe it's because cartoons in the West are seen as inherently being for young children, aside for stuff like Adult Swim etc, but it is STILL seen as light-hearted comedy and entertainment. They are considered by definition inferior to movies, basically "baby movies", while anime doesn't really have such a strong prejudice. Perhaps they don't think of flat line artwork as inferior form of art, "cartoons for babies", because of their art history, too (see pic).
That said, some old cartoons used to actually be funny, like Tom and Jerry still is. Because it wasn't yet cucked by overzealous parents and shit like CalArts. And it excelled in this light-hearted comedy. But the rest, like Western "shonen" cartoons, never really lived up to what Japan did.
Oh yeah and
>unique in both art style
Please. CalArts does one style. Hanna-Barberra did one style. Disney did one style. You will see a ton of similar-looking cartoons in one era. Much like anime styles also change by studio and by decade.
Yes, Western styles do vary more than anime which always sticks to one core drawing convention, and often there will be completely unique styles—here I agree. But at the same time, anime often allows itself much greater artistic liberty and expression than Western cartoons.

Attached: ukiyo-e.jpg (1600x1066, 310K)

Not all, a lot of them are shit. I remember the grandpa rv cartoon from CN. Both fall to mediocrity but there are gems on both sides.

I’m pretty sure if you got the A bald head for male and female characters you could create most anime characters.

the styles DO vary though, although like I said Western cartoons have more variety in terms of styles of course.

Attached: yceaxuhra2wh6ebbb5il.jpg (800x1077, 84K)

My problem with Anime is the fact there’s so many shitty Animes that take place in High Schools or something like high schools, and they don’t even have any original ideas anymore, they just take characters and ideas from older Animes now.

it is true. then again it's what sells to target auditory
in the West you get shows like Saved by the Bell and all the school shit it started, except these are not cartoons. and yeah they're hella boring.
there's still stuff which is good though, and even if not—there's a lot to catch up on.

What would you say one should invest in?

Just looks like they made the male characters more feminine as time went on. No wonder so many traps are anime fans

because East Asian men already look effeminate. they have a different male looks standard from the West. slightly effeminate is considered attractive and straight, whereas overly burly "chad" is considered homosexual.
if you think that's degenerate, remember Japan is more ethno-nationalistic than the West has ever been.

my wife chino is so cute`

there are some good original anime as well as some really bad uninspired cartoons
You just have to pick the best from both

Attached: 1535351068606.jpg (900x630, 91K)

Read
Fucking
Books

So what, we should enjoy all the shitty High school Animes that literally have no original ideas and take them from Older animes?

No, if you're looking for good writing just read literature because no other medium can assure a better writing than it. You don't have to take most anime and cartoons with a grain of salt, they're entertainment not art and they're made to entertain people not be valued and criticized. TL;DR find a better medium.

"look at me I'm so smart"
thank you, I read books when I want good, deep plot. but I rarely read fiction anyway.
anime is good in its own right, just like books are. I watch anime for what a book can't provide. visuals, action, and tiddies.

The fact that you slap a label on book readers is enough to drive home how braindead you are. Notice how I haven't looked down on anime fans and I'm not even stooping down to your level.
Also
>visuals, action, tiddies
That's just otaku pandering trash, if you think that's what anime is good for you must be a 70 IQ brainlet doping on SoL/ecchi shit the chink chong industry feeds you like a swine.

>The fact that you slap a label on book readers is enough to drive home how braindead you are.
The fact that you slap a label on anime watchers is enough to drive home how braindead you are.
yeah we get it, you read books. ok. you also think you're very smart. ok. also you are butthurt that people don't do what you like and have the gall to watch anime. so you came into a thread about anime on anime board and got upset. what a surprise

Reading books doesn't make you smarter and you're just pulling out that myth out of your ass, but all that chinese trash you watched must have gone to your brain somehow. Either way suck my cock, I'm not gonna quit this place anytime soon.

Attached: Charles_Bukowski_1.jpg (1000x1500, 341K)

>Reading books doesn't make you smarter and you're just pulling out that myth out of your ass
then maybe try acting less superior
also we meet again, Mario. how have you been, bitter loser faggot? your inferiority complex is showing.
also you contradict yourself in every sentence. you're really dumb and inferior after all.

you like it more just because it's something diffrent from what your country produces

Write me another book on wageslaving and be sure to include your Jewish boss buying his brand new car with your money

Attached: 5QSjnUl (1).jpg (720x764, 54K)

compensating intensifies
also, being that proud of reading Bukowski? pretty pathetic desu.