BREAKING: Moscow Scientists Disprove Second Law of Thermodynamics

TIME TRAVELLERS ARE AMONGST US.

Scientists have managed to turn back time. Albeit a single entity and a fraction of a second, the fact that this supposed natural law means that there are, in fact, travellers amongst us. This law cannot be unbroken. The odds were are in the initial timeline are almost impossible.

Time is reversible. Consider the implication. Stay aware.

express.co.uk/news/science/1100077/Time-travel-news-reverse-time-latest-quantum-computer-science-latest/amp

Attached: 3AD434BC-342E-49B1-9755-FE85E496492C.jpg (620x414, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/amp/s/www.technologyreview.com/s/613123/no-ibm-didnt-just-reverse-time-with-a-quantum-computer/amp/
youtube.com/watch?v=A1eTri2V4lw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's not a closed system. The heat it took to run the experiment means that the total entropy of the universe still increases.

Pretty sure this will be Great Filter everyone talks about, now comes the part where God intervenes and kills us all for thinking we had the right to mess with his laws

Attached: 1552411124791.jpg (750x720, 53K)

I'm guessing by time travel they mean they were able to prove that a particle small enough was able to spontaneously reduce entropy for a small enough period of time. Still disproves the second law. Funny enough I was just studying this stuff.
I think you mean isolated system. Closed systems can still exchange energy with surroundings.

Think about this in a different way. If the media are telling us that scientists were able to transfer 36bytes of information to the past. Try and use your imagination to see what they are really capable of... The government let's you in on around 2-5% of the inventions/discoveries they make. They've been able to clone humans, testing teleportation and time travel since the 1940's. They weren't very good at it then, they are now.

Time travel makes you gay.

You fucking idiot will ruin us all

God will not turn a blind eye to this

jesus fuck, no law of physics was broken. also that is a QUANTUM phenomenon, not a MACRO phenomenon.

why do laymen have a thing for anything quantum?

Yes, whatever. Isolated system.

Blame Neil degrasse tyson.

Why do shills want us to keep our eyes shut? Begone

Quantum is still physical, my man.

Tell us user, could this phenomenon ever be exploited and lead to time travel to the past?

D-does that mean I can go back to when I was 15 and ask her out?

Attached: 1528809992023.jpg (480x465, 49K)

Time is not a unidirectional process. We intuitively perceive time as the edge of a great waterfall, whereas events in the future future are moving towards us as sticks in the stream, the past has fallen into the void, and the present is the interface between.

But this is not so. Time is more like a ball rolling down an incline. In the absence of other forces, in the absence of changes in the degree of the slope, it moves from higher "energy" to lower "energy". Quantum physics, the most accurate of any model ever produced by man, shows that all observed events are actually stochastics.

It is not a hard and fast rule that the ball follow the incline at all moments. It is just the most likely by far, it is the trend to which all things tend towards after enough time. This calculation illustrates the case where a temporary aberation, a stutter causes the ball to pop up and then briefly attain a state which was further uphill, before descending again. In the case of this study, that event was found to occur only once over 10 billion electrons in the lifetime of the universe.

This does not suggest anything against the Second Law. The Second Law only says that the incline is only ever slanted in one direction.

Smoothbrain media implies that physicists were able to reach into the Universe and reverse time. Haha.

Attached: sh.jpg (1365x1274, 327K)

What are some redpilled fast food joints, my based kekistani Jow Forumsdditers?

Attached: Imptrash2.png (714x1048, 170K)

There's a model in stochastic dynamics called 'fluctuation theorem' which states that the average instantaneous entropy of the system must be positive, but depending on how wide the deviation of the entropy distribution is, there can be a non-zero probability of an instantaneous measurement having a negative entropy change on time scales that are small compared to the characteristic thermal timescale of the system.

There was a really neat research paper I read by a team at University of Iowa from a couple years ago where they used dust particles suspended in a plasma to demonstrate fluctuation theorem (the dynamics of the system are so slow that you can measure the instantaneous entropy). This is something similar the experiment isn't "traveling backwards through time", but under the right conditions they can see the instantaneous entropy of this system of entangled electrons briefly show a negative change.

tl;dr - it's not time travel, it's just a funny little quirk of statistical mechanics - the average entropy of a system has to increase over time, but systems can spontaneously experience negative changes on very short timescales without it violating the laws of thermodynamics

t - physicist

Attached: linear device.jpg (657x494, 66K)

maybe

Attached: the-deers-troubles-are-now-over-try-not-to-be-3284760.png (500x441, 101K)

If you can somehow transfer your conscious into small enough data and send it back to another quantum computer, sure.

You'd first need to get a quantum computer back in time via specs.

More likely, it would start around now assuming there's no timeline creation with each iteration.

google.com/amp/s/www.technologyreview.com/s/613123/no-ibm-didnt-just-reverse-time-with-a-quantum-computer/amp/

redpilled haircute
redpilled haircuts
GIVE ME
redpilled haircuts

I can already feel Schrodinger rolling on his grave right now.

Yeah, it teleported about 2 billionths of a second into the past.
As it stands it is wildly impractical to use on anything.
Sage for imptrash and misleading OP.

youtube.com/watch?v=A1eTri2V4lw