What's On Your Mind? - /comfy/

Found this thread on /wg/ and I thought it was an interesting concept.

Post a wallpaper, or an equivalent image that reflects your thoughts and feels. I've always felt better when I got things out of my head. Maybe it'll help help you feel better too.

ITT I'll be posting a new wallpaper every day along with some of my thoughts on it. For the first day I'll share three. Feel free to disagree with any of the following. I appreciate different perspectives.
Strong male friendships seem to be harder and harder to come by as people increasingly prioritize economic conditions and wealth above all else. I had a great friend in elementary school, and we bonded because we were both misfits. I was an aspie and really didn’t have any other friends besides him (not quite true, there was the neighbor’s kid and another one I knew from soccer practice but by this time I didn’t hang out with them much anymore since I stopped taking soccer and my neighbor’s parents were going through a divorce that still makes me angry to think about). He was a troublemaker that delighted in being offensive and pushing the bar. To some extent I can’t imagine a person less like me, considering how I was raised very traditionally and conservatively, but looking back on it I understand how much we had in common, since it was southern California and the very fact that my family was so traditional didn’t mesh well with the community. We treated each other badly a lot of the time and we fought a lot, but we were both misfits and we both respected each other, and there was a certain loyalty between us that I don't think I've felt since.

I don't know where he is now or how he's doing, but last I heard he became a brony and a bisexual, and joined some social justice group. Sometimes I wonder if he would have stayed my friend in spite of that. I don't know, political activism can tear friendships apart so easily.

Attached: 1552246213528.jpg (770x792, 353K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/skzd69vk8n2fswl/Hanami Nights MSTR.mp3?dl=0
livechatinc.com/typing-speed-test/#/
youtu.be/WEhS9Y9HYjU
youtube.com/watch?v=kOPAW7Em8mE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I’ve always liked looking up at the stars from outside. Very briefly I even had a telescope, but sadly I don’t think it saw much use. I just liked how beautiful the night sky as a whole looked, (despite light pollution) I wasn’t too interested in individual stars. I knew a bunch of constellations, though. To this day I can still point out Orion very easily. I called it “The Gator’s Mouth” as a kid, because the stars that make up Orion’s shoulders and belt reminded me of a alligator’s head. The vastness, beauty, and incomprehensibility of space is frightening and awe-inspiring, but at the same time I’ve always felt a certain benevolence from it that I’m not sure can be described in words. That’s what struck me as a kid and why I loved looking at the stars. It’s also why I prefer Mario Galaxy 1 over Mario Galaxy 2 despite 2 being an objectively superior game, I thought 1 better captured what I feel looking at the stars.

Attached: 1552247341070.png (1280x758, 1.2M)

That pic is hetalia fanart LMAO

you know there are this things called social networks, right?

OP is a faggot and his friend is a furry tranny so it fits.

Do you ever think about armageddon? Even among normalfags I’ve been hearing more and more people talking about how /something/ big is coming, like they can feel it instinctively. Over the past year or so I’ve become increasingly certain that societal collapse, for the West at least, is not far off. Like a keg of gunpowder waiting for a spark. I think what causes this feeling is how speech is becoming more and more policed and politicized, and resentment towards that is growing swiftly as a result. Youtube is a pretty good example, advertisers become increasingly paranoid about politically incorrect content on the platform and threaten to pull out, and as a result Youtube has to clamp down harder to please the advertisers. This fosters resentment towards them and drives more people towards political incorrectness, which spooks the advertisers, so Youtube has to clamp down harder, etc. It’s a vicious cycle and it generates a feeling that at some point /something’s/ got to give. If order vanished and you finally had the ability to kill people you hated, would you do it? I’ve never had that opportunity, so I guess I can’t say for certain, but I think I would. Maybe that makes me a bad person, but morality has become so subjective that it feels like people are scared to hold any concrete viewpoint at all, lest they be attacked for it. I think holding your ground on something, even if it’s abhorrent, is still better than leading a life devoid of any strong beliefs.

Attached: war does not determine.jpg (1440x900, 107K)

>To some extent I can’t imagine a person less like me
What do you mean by that? I understand it as if you are taking yourself as having absolutely basic traits, that there's no one more human than you - I am the ultimate normie of them all.
I really cannot understand this line, unless I'm trying to force it my own meaning - perhaps to make it somehow relatable.
>he became a brony and a bisexual, and joined some social justice group.
Bad timeline, we gotta go back.

Over the course of my life, I had three best friends - one early childhood that had to move away after about 4 years of friendship, one that moved from my city after ~4 years, and one I still am in contact till this day - since about three years on a way, way lighter meaning but we still talk and treat each other like there was no break to speak of.
I know him for about 11 years.
I think it's normal to think about such things, especially if asking them personally would feel out of place, after all this time on a silent agreement that put in halt and slowly decayed everything you've built up before.
It's still way better to have a goodbye rather than seeing your friend become distant to you, like yet another stranger.
>It’s also why I prefer Mario Galaxy 1 over Mario Galaxy 2 despite 2 being an objectively superior game, I thought 1 better captured what I feel looking at the stars.
That's a nice thought~
>If order vanished and you finally had the ability to kill people you hated, would you do it? I’ve never had that opportunity, so I guess I can’t say for certain, but I think I would.
There was not enough hate in my life to judge somebody's right to live, so I cannot relate.
It refers to what he says in the post.

Coole threado, have you really wrote all of this down in a span of 10 minutes?

Attached: 1545799465167.jpg (943x877, 83K)

>I think holding your ground on something, even if it’s abhorrent, is still better than leading a life devoid of any strong beliefs.
Are you telling this in spite of silent people who are torn between sides or rather those, who mask their beliefs by pretending to be docile?

Attached: 4727922.500000001_Donute.png (1000x1000, 360K)

>what do you mean by that
Well, I mean that I was (and still am) very shy, and that I always liked to be unassuming, doing things by the books, and not make trouble for anyone else. My friend, on the other hand, reveled in being provocative and offending people. That's what I thought made us so different, but I realize we had more in common than I thought, since my family's traditional way of doing things ensured that I said things that were offensive to the southern cali environment, because I didn't understand how the way my family did things would prove upsetting to the social environment there, and it resulted in a lot of arguments with teachers and other people even though I didn't want to argue. We were both pushing back against our environment for different reasons, but the fact that we both had the same experiences despite how different out motives were is what made us friends, I think.
>we still talk and treat each other like there was no break to speak of.
That's wonderful, I haven't spoken with anyone I used to know from California in over a decade. It's strange that such an awful community fostered the happiest moments of my life, but I guess it proves how important friendship can be.
>have you really wrote all of this down in a span of 10 minutes?
Yes, playing MMO's really teaches you how to type quickly. I still can't match dear old mom though, at her prime she could do 70 words a minute.
>Are you telling this in spite of silent people who are torn between sides or rather those, who mask their beliefs by pretending to be docile?
The latter. I have nothing but pity for those silent torn between sides, but people who lie, or adopt nihilism as a way to mask what they really think, I can't feel much sympathy for, even though I was once one of them myself. It's an awful way to live and brings nothing but fear.

Thank you for your nice comments Happy Day, (you are him, right?) I will post again tomorrow with another wallpaper.

Not really one to blogpost but this seems like it can be a pretty nice /comfy/ thread if people just give it a chance.

Garfield has always held a special place in my heart, especially the Garfield Christmas special. I'm very close with my family despite past tensions I've had with them, and I feel as though that episode dives deep into how the more things change, the more things stay the same if that makes any sense.
My great grandfather passed away many, many years ago, though my great grandmother is still alive and kicking at age 99. We've never really talked much, but when I mentioned what I was doing in life she had me sit down with her and look over all of the letters, photos, and journal entries my great grandfather had written and taken throughout world war two. She told me a few unwritten stories about their life together and how things have changed since he passed.
I've never been a very emotional person, but there's this scene in the Garfield Christmas special where Grandma Arbuckle sits reminiscing over her time with her husband and briefly shares with Garfield what he was like and how she feels on Christmas now that he's gone. It always makes me tear up, so I try to avoid watching it with other people.

Attached: UCMjRX.jpg (1920x1080, 261K)

Hey jinzo
nice to see you posting again
hope this pic counts as wallpaper material, i certainly wouldn't mind making it mine
Have you ever thought about trying to reconnect to this friend you had?
I'm sure you're very different people than you were back then and maybe you won't be as good a friends as a result, but i still think it's worthwhile keeping in touch with your friends, especially when they were this close.
Would be a shame to permanently lose him, though perhaps you could also make the argument that keeping it this way preserves the memory of him, instead of ruining them with new memories of how he is currently..
idk, my gut still tells me that you should at least try.
Who knows? maybe you manage to reignite the friemdship you had an perhaps even change him for the better, as long as he's open minded i suppose
wish you luck if you decide to

I feel like i know less about the stars than i should but yeah, stargazing is very comfy
Just laying in the grass at night and seeing those distant lights makes you feel small but in a good way.
never played the galaxy games but they always seemed pretty good

I do sometimes think of armageddon, usually silly stuff like zombies and aliens
Though i do also think of what i'd consider more realistic ends of the worlds like nuclear war and ai takeover.
In general though i am pretty optimistic about the future, i tend to believe in the good of people and that when it comes down to it they'll do what is right and not let things go too far down the hill of destruction.
This politically correct stuff seems like a fad that's about to run out of steam to me.
People have gotten sick of it and they're running out of excuses to clamp down on freedom that will convince the populace, though mass shootings and terrorism will probably always set a precedent for restrictions unfortunately.
I may be wrong about all this, (wouldn't be the first time) but i hope i'm not, and i'm sure you hope so as well

Attached: __original_drawn_by_czy_2894456992__sample-8d8c8e2639bf07d88e26b7d53b7e207f.jpg (850x554, 123K)

Apologies man, it's just great to see you again.
How have you been holding up lately?

Attached: Dean Ellis.jpg (2316x2665, 1.37M)

Exhausted, but doing alright considering.
Pretty much just shrewd an example of my concentration lapsing. Still adding to the nasa library (this one is abstracted but from the raw images of Jupiter shot by Juno).

Attached: FCA2FEE3-96DB-40D9-A365-278E083DEFC1.jpg (1200x1200, 574K)

In continuation of the comfortable efforts, I made this and released it quietly on April 1st as its spring here, life is returning and that’s also speaking of the treatment for Hodgkin’s lymphoma. dropbox.com/s/skzd69vk8n2fswl/Hanami Nights MSTR.mp3?dl=0
Pic related is the one with it and the cover for the track. Sorry my (deleted) posts we’re all out of whack I was not concentrating properly... there’s no issue, just has an exhausting week. It’s why I come here =)

Attached: DDBF146E-A02D-45B9-937A-4868D2A10870.jpg (2000x2000, 1.7M)

>We were both pushing back against our environment for different reasons, but the fact that we both had the same experiences despite how different out motives were is what made us friends, I think.
>It's strange that such an awful community fostered the happiest moments of my life, but I guess it proves how important friendship can be.
Beautiful words to live by I still can't match dear old mom though, at her prime she could do 70 words a minute.
Writing fast and knowing what to write are two things.
I often have to think over a minute on a single line because of how smooth my brain is.
Obviously it highly depends from the topic and how confident I feel in that field~
livechatinc.com/typing-speed-test/#/
>You type with the speed of 70 WPM (314 CPM). Your accuracy was 93%.
I'm not sure how good of a speed test that is but if we both try the same one, I think we may come to some conclusion.
>It's an awful way to live and brings nothing but fear.
Fundamentally understandable.
>Happy Day
Perhaps ʕ•ᴥ• ʔ

Attached: 1554230609927.png (820x842, 856K)

I'm glad to hear you're holding up well friend, and I wish only the best for you!
Thanks for the music you shared, it was very soothing and helped me feel a bit more relaxed. These past few days have been quite stressful, but it's getting better day by day.
>this one is abstracted from but the raw images of Jupiter shot by Juno.
Damn, that's really interesting. If I may ask, what got you into making this kind of art?
I don't have many contemporary space art pieces though, just retrofuturistic.

Attached: Children of Tomorrow.jpg (1600x2333, 1.36M)

>It's why I come here =)
I'm able to make /comfy/ threads more often again, sorry I've been slacking lately. As previously mentioned it's been quite a tumultuous time for me, I had figured I should get stuff figured out on my own and get started on my next path.

Thanks, that’s nice to know. The art stuff is done as part of a long arc of stuff which goes back like two years. Before that I didn’t used to do any art at all, instead mostly technical work- now that’s all complete I work on stuff more in tune with my own interests, and needs, because having constantly spinning windmills in your mind can be a lot to keep a handle of. So some of that includes getting to encourage more to making stuff themselves.
Your collection is awesome.

The Garfield Christmas special was a hundred times better than it had any right to be.
>It always makes me tear up, so I try to avoid watching it with other people.
That's understandable. I was gonna ask if you ever wanted to watch it with her, but I guess it's not the kind of movie your grandma would like. I don't think I have an equivalent movie, but The Neverending Story is one of my all-time favorites and it still makes me tear up every so often.
>nice to see you posting again
nice to see you too!
>hope this pic counts as wallpaper material
No worries, it just has to be something that evokes a feeling in you, being a wallpaper is just an afterthought.

I've thought a lot about trying to reconnect with him. I don't have any social media accounts, so although I guess I could look him up I probably wouldn't be able to message him with any proof that it's me. Best case scenario I find his e-mail and message him that way. I dunno what he'd say though, I guess I'm a little afraid to find out.
>writing fast and knowing what to write are two things
now those are some really beautiful words to live by. Reminds me of that line from the Boondocks episode "Riley Wuz Here", "What separates a good artist from a great artist is not y what they paint, but what they choose to paint"
Really neat images! I love seeing abstract stuff like especially, and how you can interpret and create things out of the chaos.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-04-03 at 4.19.18 PM.png (960x408, 208K)

>now that's all complete I work on stuff more in tune with my own interests, and needs
That's a success story that not many people get to achieve in their lives, and it's a point that I too want to get to.
>having constantly spinning windmills in your mind
Oh you used to work on windmills? Were you like a maintenance guy or did you help make them?
>Your collection is awesome.
Here's one from the mid-1930s for you. It's called "Some day, A View of Saturn from Titan" by Lucien Rudaux. Everyone incorrectly believes it was painted in the 70s, but that's false. Rudaux was only an active artist from the 1920-30s and died in 1947.
>The Garfield Christmas special was a hundred times better than it had any right to be
You are 100% correct on that man. The Halloween special used to absolutely freak me out as a kid though, so I guess Garfield's holiday specials just have that quality to them.
>it's not the kind of movie your grandma would like
Personally I think she'd love it, it's just that one scene that has me apprehensive you know?
>The Neverending Story is one of my all-time favorites and it still makes me tear up
Feel free to call me a heathen, but I've never actually watched The Neverending Story despite all the great things I've heard about it.

Attached: Lucien Rudaux.jpg (1020x1460, 462K)

no mutual friends or anything?
>probably wouldn't be able to message him with any proof that it's me
I don't really think you need proofs, i don't think anyone would assume it wasn't you if you said it was, unless he's maybe a bit paranoid.
I'm pretty sure i wouldn't at least, maybe that's just me being naive.
>guess I'm a little afraid to find out
i get that
I would be too, but i believe you need to face your fears to get ahead in life.
It might lead to good things and it tends to not hurt as much when you do it
Wish you good travels on whichever road you decide to travel on

Attached: __takami_chika_love_live_and_love_live_sunshine_drawn_by_papi_papiron100__sample-cbee0da3f5278880c09 (850x1202, 165K)

I believe this image is a smaller resolution, but the image is a lot more clear.

Attached: Some Day.png (340x464, 330K)

youtu.be/WEhS9Y9HYjU
Pic is actual photo, just imagine closing your eyes and perceiving nothing but thousands of these amongst the chaotic geometry that pops out of the noise. It’s a lot of information.

Attached: 77B1C654-EEBE-4E95-B901-CCA1535ABEF3.jpg (2000x2000, 630K)

Advanced foresight, and to know that was done without digital tools, though digital simulation is getting pretty close these days.

The Neverending Story is brilliant, it's based on a book, which is one of my favorite books, certainly one of the best fantasy books I've read, but the movie blows the book out of the water. It's incredibly good, you have no idea.
youtube.com/watch?v=kOPAW7Em8mE
Yeah, you're right. I'll try and look him up this weekend. Even if it doesn't work out, at least I tried.
>Wish you good travels
thank you!

I dun feel so good...

Attached: 1531052916157.jpg (940x703, 162K)

That was a nice song friend, I don't know how I've never heard of Noel Harrison but I'm glad I have now.
>It's a lot of information
I would imagine that it is. Jupiter is a very underrated and interesting planet, and if I remember correctly it's saved Earth from its fair share of meteors.
Thank you sister Jupiter!
>and to know that was done without digital tools
I know! It's truly amazing what early astronomers were able to interpret.
Why don't you feel so good man?

Attached: City on an Alien World.jpg (960x737, 165K)

everything is bad
don't know how to get out

Attached: 1530518198304.jpg (411x412, 15K)

Hi dudebox

sike

Attached: 0796.jpg (390x450, 60K)

My feel is skyking...

Everyone I'm close to having high hopes & beliefs in me, even though I've always been lackluster. It drives me insane, and I know deep down I probably will never live up to them. Just a faded shadow of what they envision. I'm just another quarter in the giant forgotten money jar to everyone I meet. I barely exist as they pass by for the umpteenth time.

I wanna accomplish something amazing, something crazy, something many would never dream to do.
I wanna prove myself to myself and the world, even if it is just for a barely recognized blip on the radar. At least then I'd know I lived a life.
I wanna see beautiful things I've never have seen before. To prove there is still good in the world with my own two eyes...

But I know I live in a defacto clown world. Everything is a flying twisted joke, ever so slowly spiraling down the earth, as it ends in a blaze of glory or drifts off into nothingness.
So, I want to hear sweet nothings even if the one saying them doesn't truly mean them. as I accomplish a single dream and am able to be content with myself.

Attached: 1554123093345 (1).jpg (1024x512, 53K)