Does Jow Forums like scary games?

does Jow Forums like scary games?
Do you get scurred while playing them?

Attached: __igarashi_futaba_and_kurobe_natsumi_senpai_ga_uzai_kouhai_no_hanashi_drawn_by_shiromanta__232b8f878 (1450x2048, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

scp-wiki.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not when I have a cute boi cuddling me

Attached: 5.jpg (254x277, 34K)

no i do not they are too spooky

Attached: aaaahh.png (500x449, 879K)

reverse sex id
and true
being with someone, especially someone who you feel would protect you makes it less scary

but being spooked is fun!
don't you want fun?

Attached: __original_drawn_by_chibirisu__sample-f826b51cf877026d69e54b0fdaf8c79e.jpg (850x1012, 158K)

sometimes it is fun
but sometimes there is too much spook

Attached: spooked.gif (576x324, 1.98M)

maybe
like those times when you're too spooked to walk in the dark or sleep at all
But those moments i think are worth the risk
Humans want to be scared i think, since we don't get as much of it as we used to in our modern lives

Attached: __tachibana_arisu_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_and_etc_drawn_by_yumeno_rubbercup__9319c80e5c27a122279 (750x600, 41K)

I don't like "horror" games for being scary, although if the game is good aside from that it can be pretty nice. Deadspace in particular stands out since it had pretty good shooting mechanics and scarce resources and the threat of being sent back to a save point backed up the typical horror shit. Persistent game worlds with open world PvP tend to get a much better psychological reaction since the fear is backed up by actual possibility of loss. Stuff with hardcore leagues can be good for that too, but often rely on cheap difficulty spikes or the threat of you just dying to connection issues, which can be lame. Single player Grim Dawn handles this pretty well though, since challenges are predictable without detracting from the challenge, and connection issues are a non-factor.

ever since Amnesia: TDD i've been desensitised to horror games, i can still enjoy ones that don't have so many tropes that i'm brought out of them and just become cynical at them/laugh whenever something deemed scary but i recognise as a trope happens/appears, good horror game example: Cry of Fear. standalone game that started out as impressive mod to Half Life, absolutely pushing the most it could out of the GoldSRC engine.

ye but mp games are boring
unless you play with people you know
But then it stops being as scary so no point

Indie seems to be the way to go with horror now
Amnesia proved it, big publishers can't really do it as well for some reason
I recently discovered a horror game maker called puppet combo that seems pretty interesting, ps1 graphics with vhs influences
put some of those games on the list, maybe you should check him out, i'm sure it won't be as good as amnesia but i hear good things and it seems alright

/chen/*
I’m not a fan of scary games because I play to relax

I think it really depends on the game. For me, that feeling of pressure in persistent MP with PvP is peak fear. You can play with friends in them too, and still have a big virtual world of people out to get you.

I wanna play a scary game with you and see you get scared now
since i assume you're easily frightened
ᴵ ᵐᴵᵍʰᵗ ᵃˡˢᵒ ᵐᵃʸᵇᵉ ᵗᵉᵃˢᵉ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃ ᵇᴵᵗ ʷᴵᵗʰ ˢᶜᵃʳᵉˢ~

I think runescape is king of this pvp scares you speak of
you could be carrying some very valuable stuff and all of a sudden a pk'r comes and nabs you
hours lost by pure chance

Not particularly. Though Condemned is some good stuff mainly because of the gameplay.

Attached: dvd_bum_fights.jpg (253x358, 23K)

Not happening.
...does Metro 2033 count?

ye that was a good one
the mannequins got me tho
i hate that sort of stuff

only partly but not enough
ok
what if i promise cuddles and headpats and general comforting if you play one with me?

nah horror is just a bad genre
>oh no something cheesy pops up in my face
>ahhhhhhh
>how scary noooo

its the same ride no matter which movie, game or whatever it is. cosmic horror gets a free pass because its usually interesting and not obnoxiously transparent.

Attached: 4212.jpg (1280x720, 185K)

Hmmmm tempting

but the spooki atmosphere and suspense
surely that makes it worth the cheese

It's a date then!
I'll come over and we'll play that scp game together
can't wait to see you scream over a peanut

Scp?

No, scary games are gay games

I don't play that much scary games apart of Horror RPGs
I really love Horror RPGs, because they are more centered on the ambience than the jumpscares, and they keep a really good story as well

okay maybe i read the plot on wikipedia before i watch horror movies

and maybe i watch other people play horror games

am kind of a pussy actually. still only like lovecraft lite monsters

Attached: o0742042314005401206.jpg (742x423, 63K)

you don't know what scp is?
it's a sort of encyclopedia of fictional anomalous objects and monsters
scp-wiki.net/
They're mostly horror based but some are funny or nice, some are even a bit sad
someone made a game about it a while back with most of the more popular ones, most people liked it

So your sort of game?
did you check out the drawing lessons btw?

Like rpg maker ones or proper full made rpg?
maybe i should check more out
i know there is that one game where you're trapped in an art museum with some friends and weird stuff starts happening, forget what it was called though
any suggestions?

Awe darling
it's ok
we can't all be brave
sometimes we need someone else to help us get through the scary stuff
lovecraft is very good so can't blame you for liking that

I play both rpg maker and "full made" rpgs

I can recommand "The Strange Men" (it's a serie of 5 games iirc, I only played the first and the fifth but I will play the others, it is cool and has a good story.
Corpse Party is a MUST DO too, the deep story and the complex characters make it one of the best horror RPGs.
Pocket Mirror is a great game too, even if it doesn't have THAT MUCH horror.

There's a lot of well known RPG horror games I havent played yet tho, for example Stray Cat Crossing, The Witch's House, Ib, Mogeko Castle, Mermaid Swamp,...

Alright
I'll check out those suggestions
Now I'm gonna go sleep tho
Goodnight France~

also for the "trapped in a museum" game I never played it, but it kinda makes me think about *999* (the game on ninDS), but its not horror and it's not an RPG x)

Goodnight ^^

yes lole
i checked it and it's going so far my child

No I hate them

No it definitely wasn't that
It had a scene where something was coming out of a painting and it was pretty scary
Anyways sleep

Zzzz

Glad to hear it
I've seen some improvements with your drawings already
I hope someday you will be celebrated as a drawfig on the board.
You may have had a rocky start but you are on the way to becoming a good poster

silent hill 2
saya no uta
detention

Really good horrors

I like horror games for a multitude of reasons. Monster design, art direction, feeling alone, music and knowing that you are not supposed to kill everything. They don't really scare me unless the story is good where you have to think about what is going on.

SCP died a long time ago.

Modern horror is shit like that. It doesn't make you think at all. I can accept if somebody want's to make a slasher but thats not the horror I am looking for.

scary things are scary :(

Attached: scared anime girl in bed.png (1280x720, 470K)