Is clapping at the cinemas an actual thing or is /tv/ meme-ing me into thinking Americans do that?

Is clapping at the cinemas an actual thing or is /tv/ meme-ing me into thinking Americans do that?

Attached: cat huh.jpg (750x597, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-SZqrnRMeE0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm wondering too, please usa answer ?!

ive only seen it when i watched the dark knight funnily enough, also people cheering and yelling things at the screen

why the fuck would it be a meme, how else are we supposed to show out appreciation for a great film

100% real in North America. I figured it's so they have an excuse to talk to people they don't know after the movie, as if they just saw a real 'show'. Just an atmosphere that the cinoplex have of standing around before/afterwards.

It's real and I was in all three prequel openings, and they got standing ovations.

It’s a thing at ‘event’ movies, particularly on opening weekend.

Star Wars? Was George there? If he wasn't, holy cringe.

It's real, but only for blockbusters that brainlets attend like capeshit or disaster movies

Happened in the UK for the first time for me when I went to see Infinity War. Pretty cringe desu.

I pull my burger apart and clap it together.

Why are europoors so obsessed with us, bros?

Yes... And? We all do that here. What's the point of your making?

Attached: Scarlett_Johansson_Home_Alone_3_3.jpg (400x300, 22K)

Only a thing for Star Wars and super hero nonsense, I've never experienced clapping in the US

People clap at jokes in American theaters

I've experinced The Clap, however.

Are there special burgers for the theatre, if so what distinguishes them from non theatre burgers?

Pretty much day 1 star wars movies get claps every time.

No lad, unfortunately not.

I don't know about all theaters, but I've seen people clap for jokes, big explosions, and when the movie ends.
I've also been on flights where people clap after landing

The meat can withstand clapping and doesn't fall apart like other burgers.

As a frequent moviegoer, I've maybe seen it twice in my life and it's really an audience-to-audience thing both times. It was just a non-verbal way for the audience to say they enjoyed the movie in consensus

Well I look at it like I look at my mates kid, I’ve got to spend a lot of my time making sure he doesn’t eat thumbtacks
because he’s literally a dribbling downy

Yeah it's true. People clap and whistle but it gets worse depending on the movie. I remember people yelling "YEAH" a few dumb jokes and the theater erupting in laughter at a few movies. Since then I try to always buy vip tickets, haven't experienced any bs since then. The $2 difference truly keeps the plebs away.

He wasnt there. I lived in the midwest, George was living near skywalker ranch at the time.

>go to Captain Marvel with hotwheels girl
>I have never seen any Marvel movie ever
>we have to sit at the front because she is in wheelchair
>movie starts
>the aliens want to terraform earth
>they say earth is stupid and expandable
>I boo really loudly and throw gummy bears at the screen
>other people boo too and laugh
>every time the aliens appear we boo as one
>hot wheels was embarrassed for being hotwheels and being inconvenient and having us sit down the front
>not embarrassed anymore and laughs and boos and keeps touching my arm
>we all applaud at the end when earth wins and the space niggers who wanted gibs get btfo
>I got a second date with her to This is Us
I usually don't yell or try hard to be a clown but i had met Chloe (hotwheels) on tinder and was nervous and the theatre didn't really help us find seating so everything was awkward and to top it all it was Toe Fungus movie so I just tried to ruin the date asap but in the end it went splendid. Im trying to fuck her face but it hasn't happened yet.

Attached: 1540010703168.jpg (1080x1080, 1.52M)

Even here in Europe we clap too.

I seen't it once when the first Harry Potter movie came out in 2002 or whatever. It was a theatre full of norman white kids from my school. Faggots.

*expendable

heh

I am not from Americlap btw

Saw 300 in a theater in NYC when I was on holiday there as a kid (in my early teens). Lots of blacks in the audience, there was lots of applause as well as whooping and cheering, for example when Leonidas goes one on one with the deformed retard monster thing, then manages to cut its head off. Everyone cheered and the black women were all like "mm-hm".
It was honestly hilarious my brothers and I loved it.

Not sure where this is filmed but it happens here.
youtube.com/watch?v=-SZqrnRMeE0

People erupted in genuine cheers at the Charge of the Rohirrim at my theater. It was actually a great moment and I've never experienced clapping or anything similar ever since at the movies.

>Americans