Iq test

You're talking to a random person and you ask him "how many kids do you have" , he says "two". You then ask "who's your favorite" and he says "my girl named Suzy".

At this moment what are the chances that the other child is a girl

Attached: 1555293958816.jpg (359x347, 27K)

50%

Same as a coin toss. No matter if you just got head 3 times in a row the chance of getting head on a single toss is still 50%.

If the question is what are the odds of a man have 2 kids and them both being girls it's 1/2 to the second power or 25% 2hich is different cause you are asking about a series of connected events.

Also you don't really know if Suzy is a girl so that changes things maybe.

100%
wouldn't choose the girl as the favorite if the other choice was a boy

Correct but for the wrong reason.
He says my girl named suzy.

Next question, you walk up to a man and ask "do you have two children and do you have a daughter" and he says "yes and yes" , what is the probability that his other child is a daughter

No.

Can he say yes to having 2 children but actually have more than 2? Like you can ask if I have a car and I'll say yes, but in fact I have 2 cars.

I he is honest about having 2 children and having a daughter than the other kid has to be a boy.

>Can he say yes to having 2 children but actually have more than 2?
No

>I he is honest about having 2 children and having a daughter than the other kid has to be a boy
No, he doesn't have to be . You can have two children and have two daughters and still answer that question.

Then I think it's 0% chance to have 2 girls since he has 2 kids and he said he has A daughter which implies a single daughter

Ok fine you're right.
Next question, you walk up to a man and ask "do you have two children and do you have at least one daughter" and he says "yes and yes" , what is the probability that his other child is a daughter

Oh then it is still 50% I think since it's an independent event from the first daughter. Or it's 25% if it's not an independent event. I think it is independent though so I'll say 50%

I think it's still 50%.

It's 33% if you'd like to know why then ask me

Attached: 1555456480194.jpg (438x428, 20K)

I wanna ask one. A man says he has only 3 kids. What are the odds that none of those kids are daughters?

Is it a Monty Hall kinda thing?

1/8
Yeah. Kind of.

Correct.

The Monty Hall Problem is pretty neat. So I guess it's a 1 in 3 instead of a 1 in 4 outcome huh?

I gotta sleep now. Be well mister npc! This was fun.

Attached: giphy (5).gif (500x500, 910K)

It's more similar to the one with boxes
The possible combinations of children is
BB
BG
GB
GG
If you ask if they have a girl then you can remove BB so then you have
GB
BG
GG
So you have 2 possible boy combinations and only one Girl combination
So you get 1/3

pretty much zero if he is a normal person

Oh I've seen this! It's like where you have different colored balls and you pull one out and try to calculate the odds of the next ball being the same color. Yeah I get it now. Glad I looked at this thread one more time before dosing off.

Attached: 1555373598828.gif (512x251, 260K)

I knew that would happen but I didn't feel like preventing it.

Yes exactly

this is different cause with balls you can't pick out contextual messages
if someone has two daughters and goes for specifying gender he would probably say if its younger one or older one, if he just specifies gender than the other kid is most likely a boy unless the person you're speaking to is severely autistic and can't follow simple social queues.

If the man said.

>I have only 2 kids
>My oldest is a girl

Does that make the only options

GB
GG

And change the odds to 50/50 for the second child tq1o be a daughter?

I think they usually say how many colors of balls there are to start with.

Yes.

He specified with a name.

>unless the person you're speaking to is severely autistic and can't follow simple social queues

plz no bully...

Attached: 1555479378155.png (714x782, 307K)

only if you're cute autismo and not cwc tier autismo