Why is this considered okay?

Why is this considered okay?

Attached: 1557692062744.png (1200x629, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8U18EuNN2D0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

fun

peacekeepers protectors etc

You are fuckin right, all those faggot nations combined should be no where near the amount we spend. Time to increase spending.

Because of Citizens United. Lockheed Martin showers politicians who promise to increase "defense" budget with money, while your average gullible rightie thinks "there are no easy solutions". There are easy solutions, corporations are not people, damn it.

because of the military industrial complex

Attached: (1263).png (1000x1000, 190K)

because if the US weren't so untouchable then we would be battered with constant invasions from all the countries that hate it (read as: basically all other countries in the world)

>corporations are not people
they are legal persons
because otherwise it'd be illegal to hold the corporation itself to account- a corporation must be a legal person to be able to be sued, fined, etc.

military-industrial complex.
a FUCK ton of people employed by defense contractors - close to 5 million at this point if memory serves me right.
There was a rule the British Empire followed as well - to be dominant on the seas, their navy had to be as large as the next two largest navies combined.
So if Spain had 20 ships and France had 30 ships, Britain needed at least 50 ships.
Countermeasures against other countries such as Russia and China developing their own weapons.
If it were just as easy as "oh hey lets all get along now" I would fucking love that but for as long as humans have been alive they have been at war in one fashion or another - the most recent war is the one in cyberspace, digital espionage, among others.
there aren't any easy solutions.
what's your proposition as to kill nearly 5 million jobs?
Where will they get new jobs?
Will you give them gibs?

>because otherwise it'd be illegal to hold the corporation itself to account- a corporation must be a legal person to be able to be sued, fined, etc.
no it dosen't. legal person hood affords the rights of people onto a corporation. you don't need to have rights to get sued and shit. we have precedent legal for intelligent entities that could still be held to account even if they don't have rights : slaves, undocumented immigrants, stateless people. I do think they should be legally considered persons and be afforded the same rights, but you can still hold things to account even without giving them rights.

JEB ID
Please clap for OP's mental retardation

>If it were just as easy as "oh hey lets all get along now" I would fucking love that but for as long as humans have been alive they have been at war in one fashion or another
many hunter gatherer societies didn't have wars and the ones that did, did so very infrequently.

Attached: (1472).jpg (816x448, 48K)

Okay.
But over a period of nearly 3.5 millennia, we have only had less than 3 centuries of peace ( that being two regional or global powers not fighting)
The current post-World War 2 period has been the longest stretch so far.
There have been countless proxy wars, but no declarations of war against another country.

We have to protect our empire user!

the paleolithic period doesn't have very evidence of war to be more specific. and some of the countries that were behind in the development of their civilization (like japan) didn't have any wars until they started becoming more advanced.
yeah that's true , I was just saying that the human nature argument is not exactly true. It is true in historical times that war has been part of the human condition.

JEB

AMERICA FUCK YEAH
that's why OP

Because the democrat and and republicans are both pro-war. We have no option to vote them out.

This. Tips of Truth.

Attached: 10915.png (620x461, 321K)

Trips*

because America
youtube.com/watch?v=8U18EuNN2D0

because its profitable