Nuclear Energy >>>>> Renewable Energy

Nuclear Energy >>>>> Renewable Energy

Am I wrong?

Attached: Nuclear Is The Future.jpg (1075x709, 251K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NPzMZo7gej0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

of course not, you don't see renewable energy laying waste to entire cities, do we?

You're not wrong, we just fucking suck at harnessing nuclear

Remember Fukushima

or Chernobyl
still it would be cooler than running things off of clean burning trap braps or whatever is hot nowadays.

Exactly. Once we unlock fusion, it's over for solar and it's other brethren.

Fair Point. The only problem was that the tsunami following the earthquake was a major catalyst of the disaster instead of it being human error

Well, just don't build the shit on a fucking faultline.

communists always build the highest quality stuff

we arent as incompetent or unlucky as you
not in America
we'll get it eventually

this
also isnt nuclear fusion at least technically renewable

SWISH SWISH SWISH

Attached: 20171009_072749.gif (360x203, 1.28M)

SWISH SWISH SWISH SWISH

Attached: 20180504_004916.gif (404x172, 446K)

I think you might eventually run out of uranium

Decentralized power supplied by local weather/resources are impossible to shut down. A foreign army can capture a power plant and shut down huge areas, but if everybody set up solar in their backyards (or watermills in oregon and other rainy places, stuff like that) then each house could become a stand alone fortress to fight an invading army. Decentralization is the future

Decentralized power - also a good idea for governments

Based quads.
I’m biased because I (built) things. Solar + wind + grid storage capacity.

Attached: turbine_night.gif (720x720, 1.91M)

honestly, yah. but you can't expect the government to do something that smart. The way I see it, each citizen cares about having power, so they should set up their own, so they don't have to depend on utilities overcharging/failing to deliver.

Of course, some people use the option of partial home/renewable and still stay plugged in to the grid in case they need extra.

I was talking about the power of government, not electricity

You're doing good work sir.
Solar in Arizona, Rain/river/hydro in Britian, wind in Montana, Peltier/Geothermal in Iceland...each place should engineer their power to benefit off of their environment. Not only does it give the benefit of defense mentioned before, but it means less power lines, less pollution (which honestly I don't care much about, quality nuclear is pretty clean these days) and other decent benefits.

ah.
Well then the first part requires an alteration

You can't expect the government to do something that smart and good for the people rather than themselves.

Disposal of nuclear waste is still a challenge that hasn’t found a solution yet. Dumping spent fuel rods into concrete containers and sinking them to the bottom of the sea and hoping they will not be disturbed. But they can and do crack open leading to poisoning of the oceans. Recycling isn’t quite there yet.
You may be relieved to know that the government here, as well as the public’s own conscientiousness and progressive nature towards sustainability has gotten the technology moved forwards significantly over the last 20 years, being that this place is so densely populated, coupled with the infamous winds which have been harnessed for centuries here, that its a no brainier to go for wind and solar. Even a local flower pot company has their own 8 megawatt turbine to power their little factory (ELHO) which has already paid for itself in the first six months of operation. Pic related, wife’s time lapse of it.

Attached: 20180506_030605.gif (360x360, 967K)

if your country doesnt have at least one nuclear powerplant then its not a real country

Attached: .jpg (1280x720, 142K)

Nuclear is the way forward
t. used to work in a nuke plant

>chops your birds and bats into little bits
Nothing personnel, bro

i said fusion. if my scant research suggests anything fusion doesnt require uranium.

So what

Attached: AB3262E2-D100-459D-AA83-11E67FCA0118.jpg (540x304, 24K)

Why isn’t it possible to make synthetic uranium or synthetic coal or synthetic petroleum?

im glad a small flower pot company can be substained by a windmill but what about entire cities. fuck at the very least if you want to talk about renewable energy (besides mastering fusion) its gonna be geothermal or hydroelectric

i mean im no expert at this so take my post with a grain of salt but im pretty sure fission has a higher energy output than coal or natural gas. and should fusion energy be mastered it creates a higher yield than fission AND no nuclear waste

The flower pot company paid for its turbine in 6 months by providing the excess (a lot) to the grid, so indeed, to the nearby city. Fun stuff, owning your own power plant.

(For interest I just found this since they re-built their website the live stream thing of their factory isn’t there anymore) youtu.be/NPzMZo7gej0

Attached: 8A1A150A-0CA6-4DB8-AFA5-B2500BF80ACB.png (1447x1080, 1.06M)

Because the first two laws of thermodynamics are things that exist.

Fuck the laws, there has to be a way to produce it in a fast way.

nigga this isnt the laws of congress where theres loopholes. you cant create energy, and there is no perpetual motion.