Today i found out that there are koi in one of the ponds i go fishing in

today i found out that there are koi in one of the ponds i go fishing in

pic related

Attached: 20190517_232841.jpg (1579x1316, 1.57M)

That's pretty neat user.

Dude thank you

when catch one

you fish a pond? is that normal?

Did he look like a healthy fishe?
That river seems a little dirty.

Attached: rikka.png (919x1017, 1.12M)

I literally couldn't catch it. It was ignoring my spinner and i didnt have live bait on me
Its a fairly big pond. I'd say like 800 meters across with a big land mass in the very middle.
Im sure he was fine. Koi are resilient as hell

did it know you were there?

Also that was one of the shittier parts of the pond. It gets way more open in the less marshy parts

No, it was just sittin there for a bit

Some idiot abandoned the fish, if there are more koi fish can ruin the entire ecosystem of the pond.
kois are very invasive

Attached: 1533577251669.jpg (800x800, 202K)

pretty cool user, i used to fillet all kinds of fish where i am itd be cool to do a joi

koi

kois like all carps like swampy waters

You should see if you can catch one.
Then take it home and put it in a temporary tank.
Then cut out a small Marisa to affix to the side.
Then laminate the Marisa.
Then affix Marisa to said fishe with a rubber band or a bit of string dipped in wax.
Then release the fishe with the Marisa.
????
Profit?

Attached: 1512527813960.png (374x347, 171K)

It kind of sucks that people dont have the materials to care for a beast of a fish like that. Also, koi that size are pretty fuckin expensive. Im sure that thing could retail at a pretty good price.
I dont know man. Koi are closely related to carp, and from what i have heard from people, carp tastes like shit. But im sure it would be an experience to try out
>release fish
that will do more harm than good

I got another picture of it while i was there as well of it out in deeper waters

Attached: 20190517_234009.jpg (954x954, 421K)

so next time you gonna try catch him?

Probably i dont fuckin know.
The thing was like more than a foot in length so for all i know my line could snap the moment he starts pulling

should try it for the lolz

Get a higher pound test line and use a larger hook with him. Go to a bait shop and tell the mad lad behind the counter you want some bass grade line.
If you catch him post him up and of course put a waterproof marisa on him.

I would honestly love to do that, but the chances of me seeing that fish again are slim.
I prefer using braided line, but that shit has snapped on me before. But still, its a fuckin beast of a line.

All line can be braided but it's all about how many pound test it is.
I've been fishing large and small since I was a wee lad. If you can catch even a single koi that would be ebin.

we are going to need a bigger nice boat.