Life is primitive

If you think about it there is no point in happiness or emotions. We, the human species are just a particle of dust in this vast universe and still everyone of us is egoistic since the day he/she is born. We all want happiness, but for what? What difference makes it to this existence if we are happy or not if at the end our own life’s have very little value? Why would evolution give us emotions? If you think about it they only hinder the progress of our species: because of emotions we reproduce less, because of emotions we can’t think rationally, because of emotions bad things are done that lead to the collapse of societies, just look at communism. I think the only important think that one can make in his life is what every other living organism is focused on, reproducing. At the end the thing that matters the most is to keep the species alive... if live meters at all

Attached: 04BBADB7-F5FA-4C73-950B-C003018DA0C4.jpg (1600x1132, 357K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fauxtations.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/heisenberg-at-the-bottom-of-the-glass/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread would've been more based if you didn't post that image

Attached: 1558732411726.gif (685x737, 82K)

Do you like pregnancy too?

Maybe this world was brought about for a reason. One that we can't figure out

Attached: agrippa smile.png (1251x720, 766K)

Because of emotions we cut penises so people will masturbate less and have less sex and work more

Ik but I didn’t know what image to put on so I just closed the first thing in my folder

Look again at that dot. That's here. That's home. That's us. On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives. The aggregate of our joy and suffering, thousands of confident religions, ideologies, and economic doctrines, every hunter and forager, every hero and coward, every creator and destroyer of civilization, every king and peasant, every young couple in love, every mother and father, hopeful child, inventor and explorer, every teacher of morals, every corrupt politician, every "superstar," every "supreme leader," every saint and sinner in the history of our species lived there--on a mote of dust suspended in a sunbeam.

The Earth is a very small stage in a vast cosmic arena. Think of the rivers of blood spilled by all those generals and emperors so that, in glory and triumph, they could become the momentary masters of a fraction of a dot. Think of the endless cruelties visited by the inhabitants of one corner of this pixel on the scarcely distinguishable inhabitants of some other corner, how frequent their misunderstandings, how eager they are to kill one another, how fervent their hatreds.

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves.

The Earth is the only world known so far to harbor life. There is nowhere else, at least in the near future, to which our species could migrate. Visit, yes. Settle, not yet. Like it or not, for the moment the Earth is where we make our stand.

It has been said that astronomy is a humbling and character-building experience. There is perhaps no better demonstration of the folly of human conceits than this distant image of our tiny world. To me, it underscores o

Attached: PIA00452.jpg (453x614, 29K)

Emotions exist to help pass the life easier. Its easy to live happy than sad.
The rest of the emotions have value, like fear for self preservation etc
As to what's our purpose, i dont know but what i do know is that you might as well enjoy it while it lasts

Attached: wtf1.png (777x2777, 905K)

Attached: wtf2.png (1222x3222, 924K)

Attached: wtf3.png (1222x3555, 1.41M)

Attached: wtf4.png (777x4444, 1.24M)

Attached: wtf5.png (1222x4777, 1.47M)

From carl sagan, "Occasionally, a vegetable or a pattern of wood grain or the hide
of a cow resembles a human face. There was a celebrated eggplant that closely resembled Richard M. Nixon. What shall we deduce from this fact? Divine or extraterrestrial intervention? Republican meddling in eggplant genetics? No. We recognize that there are
large numbers of eggplants in the world and that, given enough of them, sooner or later we'll come upon one that looks like a human
face, even a very particular human face. "

The Werner Heisenberg quote wasn't even from Heisenberg himself but from Hildebrand, Ulrich. 1988. "Das Universum - Hinweis auf Gott?"
fauxtations.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/heisenberg-at-the-bottom-of-the-glass/

In general there is simply not enough evidence to conclude that humans by thought alone can affect rng or other things. Anomalous Cognition has been criticized for continuing investigation despite being unable to provide convincing evidence for the existence of any psychic phenomena after more than a century of research for example. It is a interesting idea though but right now they have as much proof for these things as the flat earth society.

>From carl sagan
Stopped reading there

literally the guy you posted

What the fuck is this image?
Idk, I stopped caring about the meaning of life, I just want to be productive so I won't feel like a piece of shit but have some fun too, and I do want to have children one day as well

Attached: 1538048798452.jpg (300x350, 16K)

Bump to my own post because I don’t want it to die ,._.,

Love and jealousy were born as a way to ensure that your kids were indeed, yours, ensuring your permanence on the gene pool.

Greed and lust were also meant to ensure your permanence in the gene pool.

Altruism has been scientifically proven to ensure the permanence of a group with similar characteristics in the gene pool.

Moral laws (chastity, patience, etc.) we're created as counters to those feelings previously mentioned that could harm the harmony within a society, in a world where being alone would ensure your death. To avoid that it's where shame and loneliness come in.

If you stop thinking of the human race as a single entity (like an anthill) and think about it as a collaborative entity formed with individual organisms, feelings make sense.

Also this

Sry

Also simply because you are forgotten doesn't mean you don't have importance.

You, and thousands of people along with you, probably even millions, as well as entire species are alive because a certain monkey managed to reproduce. A certain fish managed to reproduce. Even a shitty ameboa managed to reproduce.

Because that's what is supposed to be your job. Reproduce.

reminder that the emotional areas of the brain are also responsible for motivation, which is responsible for achievement.

It's not just a dot.

It's a dot capable of harboring life.

That makes that dot way more valuable than the rest of the picture.

See it like this, that dot is the Taj Mahal, and the rest of the image, is the Sahara desert without oil.