Where did religion come from?

people who have some knowledge in this subject,can you give me a TL;DR/ELI5 of the origins of religion

Attached: 1558802472374.jpg (750x750, 261K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_behavior_in_animals#Ritual_behaviour_in_apes
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

came from my bum

ITS A MAN MADE COPING MECHANISM, M-MORTY!!!

it came from the holy land and you you filthy heathen will soon be cleansed from the lords chosen land

Attached: fixed europe 2.png (2988x2187, 574K)

Et kaam fram may ars lel

from our ancestors minds too simple to understand why day turn to night

based,but some people (kinda including myself) think it's too large and complex to be manmade, what do you have to say to that?

Inb4 K*rboid

Noe et es nat dum ars

Mickey mouse and santa are more recognizable than Jesus throughout the world, and they are man made.

true, I am not saying religion is flawed, I just wanna know it's origins for the timeline to make sense to me,did some people just get together and wrote the Bible or Quran?

human desire to create religions and worship something is one of evolutionary human needs. Its hard to say exact purpose of this, but some animals also have proto-religious rituals.

something, something, burial rights, something, something, fear of death.

i believe it was originally created to give praise to everything in a celebration of life

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animism

religion also can be an instinctual attempt to rationalize morality, as proto-religious behavior is usually observed in animals that have some sort of primitive understanding of morals(chimpanzees for example)

The three big Abrahamic religions are very similar in their teachings, despite what some people say
>the origins of religion
This answer depends on your religion, or lack of it

Attached: olivia interested 1.png (370x576, 174K)

from rich people willing to control the poor

I invented it while I was mowing the lawn

impressive

Coping for what though?

You got a source for this? I've never heard of it before.

Attached: 1552266827260.jpg (1280x720, 124K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_behavior_in_animals#Ritual_behaviour_in_apes

Some people wanted to control other people so they invented magical sky daddy, who of course "said that I'm important and you're not and you must serve me -I mean him- or die!".

Coping with the fact we aren't special, that there is no greater good, that there is no reason for existing.

No, we're very special. I will continue to believe this until I see a monkey building a skyscraper or a dolphin writing a book

Well, monkeys are capable of waging war, "annexing" territory, having complex relationships and using simple tools. So there's that

The concept of importance is relative.

Are they capable of nuking japan?

Maybe in a couple of million years. First humans weren't aware of nuclear fusion too desu

We will kill them before it happens. We hold their life in our hands. That's why we're special.

we are special because we got lucky and randomly went on the fastest evolutionary route to nukes? In that regard yes

Dead: at first after someone in the cave died no one did s thing with his corpse. It was just lying there rotting, bringing stench and illnesses. So others thought that there must be a substance in the air, something remaining from their relative's body who is very angry on them. Therefore his body must be ridden from, preferably under soil so that he can't get up and come back.
Now, digging a whole in earth sure thing means fertilizing the soil, and because other members of the tribe kept bringing to the dead food and water do his soul won't get mad, sometimes a seed dropped on the fetikized soil, and after a while an apple tree or a bush started to grow, meaning that ancestor's soul is grateful and gives his grattitude. That's where the idea if sacrifice and offerings comes from.

Attached: a117affc292dab066599df03543d6c0f.jpg (540x753, 56K)