How are those gardens going?

How are those gardens going?

You have taken the greenpill, right?

Attached: IMG_20190610_164030.jpg (2304x1152, 1.6M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pVacUBcl-WE
youtube.com/watch?v=Z-QenYgC8oM.
youtube.com/watch?v=SHQT1eFOgn4
youtube.com/watch?v=syhPPONJDKY
youtube.com/watch?v=kHgwLAd0A4g
youtube.com/watch?v=2qvcb17vU2Q
youtube.com/watch?v=5WPB2u8EzL8&app=desktop
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

fabric pots. Someone grows some other greens too.

Nah, they're just cheaper. Unironically work well with tomatoes.

Never seen such a thing before. Neat idea if you don't already have an abundance of different kinds of buckets and pots.

Thinking of getting started on growing some vegetables. Ideally I'd love to become self-sufficient enough that I wouldn't have to buy vegetables anymore.

OP's pic is a pretty good size to get started with if you've never grown anything much before. Scaling up is definitely a learning experience.

Currently growing:
>onions, sweet and yellow
>chives
>leeks
>garlic
>peas, broad and orca beans
>roma, japanese black, and cherry tomatoes
>tomatillos
>purple potatoes
>sweet and hot peppers
>summer and winter squash
>cucumbers, armenian and amerigoy
>fennel
>dill
>rosemary, thyme, parsley, cilantro
>shiso, green and red
>red cabbages
>spinach
>artichokes
I also have blueberry bushes, and a pear tree, and an apple tree. I'm watering it all right now as I shitpost and write a bash script.

BTW everybody should buy this book to learn how to preserve your food without pressure canning or freezing. One tip I learned was to cut your green tomatoes off the vine (leaving the vine end attached to the tomatoes) and wrap the bunches in newspaper, they will gradually ripen up over the winter. I had fresh Romas and cherry tomatoes all winter. It doesn't work great with those heirloom ones, I think they're too watery.

Attached: 9781933392592.jpg (668x1000, 363K)

Do different vegetables like a pot all on their own, while others can share a pot?

some of my tomatos got end rot
sad times

everything is planted, also, you need to take the Butterfly Garden Pillâ„¢

Attached: 20190525_102007.jpg (4032x3024, 3.71M)

There are some things that can grow together (and even work well together either by way of soil contribution or pest resistance) and others that you don't want to put next to each other. If you're starting with buckets, just keep it simple and do one thing per bucket.

I'm sure there are websites full of tips and tricks for what to combine, though I don't have any such link handy. I'm more at the stage of figuring out what grows well where I live and how much of what to plant.

Thanks for the beginner advice user

great.

youtube.com/watch?v=pVacUBcl-WE

Oh I've taken the greenpill alright...

Attached: Lwo75J1.jpg (2000x2000, 295K)

got some sweet basil and wild tomatoes going, sunflowers too. i gotta do some rows for carrots, green beans and squash this week.

My uncle has a small 30 acre farm in the sticks, was a former apple orchard. These CBD oil guys showed up one day offering him $3,000 up front to sharecrop an acre of hemp. They pay for all the equipment and work, he manages the crop, then they split the profits 50/50, they say an acre of hemp can produce $500,000 per year. He's all in and they've already planted.

Will this work or is my uncle wasting his time?

The good thing is that we're in IL and weed just got legalized so he could convert to marijuana in 2020 once his operation is up and running for more money.

where can i buy some hooker seeds?

They're quite cheap, you can get half a dozen 10 gallon bags off Amazon for around $20. Supposed to last a few years, but we'll see.

The advantage (so I've read) is that it air prunes the roots. Disadvantage is that the soil will dry faster than in a plastic pail.

global climate change will make the land useless. look at what going on with US farmers in the Midwest

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-QenYgC8oM.

If I am going to grow my own vegetables, should I go to an organic store to buy what I am going to grow to avoid GMO shit?

20'x15' patch with squash, tomatoes, peppers, and some other shit I forgot. Also an herb garden in multiple large pots. Blueberry bushes coming in hard this year, and the raspberries are coming up.

Sure did broski

Its really hard, I am rather the guy for locksmithery.

Onions or onions?

My son and I planted some sunflowers a couple months ago, the plants are getting big but no flowers yet. Never tried growing actual vegetables.

Around my parts even the hardware store has non-GMO seeds. It's typically labeled as such.

bretty gud. just got the peppers in yesterday. usually i use seed but the cold start of the year killed off most of my starts.

Attached: anonsgarden.jpg (2666x1500, 1.26M)

The midwest is fine, plenty of fresh water and great soil.

Obtain heirloom seeds from your local gardening society. They will have plants which have been developed over time for your particular climate, area, and soil type, and they will be happy to share with you. Heirloom varieties need to be preserved and the only way to do it is to grow them.

I'll have to take a look around then

aliums, the kind that increase T

Baste

Tell him to do it

Based and onionspilled.

Attached: 1555660142205.png (380x467, 26K)

>First person to speak in the video is unironically self-labeled as an Anarcha-Feminst.

kys

Attached: 1536021538582.gif (259x259, 1.75M)

Nice

What are good places to buy seeds? Are seeds from big box stores fine?

Depends how he manages the crop and what detail is involved in that. 50/50 seems like a shit deal and 500k an acre sounds like a huge stretch

One of my early mistakes growing from seed in a raised bed garden the first time was not knowing what the plants looked like or marking where I'd put the seeds, and then the weeds started springing up and I only recognized some of the weeds. And then the weeds shaded out some of the spouts, and some of the seeds didn't sprout at all as far as I can tell.

If you're doing buckets, you should have a much easier time with weeds. I also learned I needed to put in fencing to keep local animals from chowing down on my plants. Buckets also help with this. Seedlings are a lot easier to start with, but I'm more interested in experimenting.

workin on it

Attached: 20190531_182730[1].jpg (832x468, 106K)

what zone?

Some anons suggest finding non-GMO seeds in your local area or finding a gardening group in your area to buy heirloom seeds

Thanks for another good tip. We do indeed have some hares around here that like to nibble on things, so I'll give some pots a try first before I start doing raised beds.

a lot of work for not much gain, agriculture exists for a reason

i'm also enjoying my experiment with the "three-sisters" native american style of inter-cropping. you plant corn, climbing beans, and squash together: beans climb the cornstalks and adds locks nitrogen into the soil, squash provides shade for the corn roots and slows evaporation, corn grows tall. carbs, protein, fiber, all in one. survival farming at it's best.

Attached: anonsgarden2.jpg (1500x2666, 962K)

Best place is Territorial Seed Company.

Go all in. Hemp and CBD are going to be huge markets. I just saw them shilling the stuff on my local news.

You're retarded. That's a pretty good estimate. And 50/50 is more than fair since they're taking all the risk.

I did this for a while but corn's kind of a shit crop in my area.

>t. Bayer-Monsanto shill

One of my local grocery store chains started selling CBD recently. Definitely a good time to give it a shot if you have a spare acre like that.

yeah, i've got my doubts as to how well it will grow. as you can see i get quite a bit of shade in my plot (can't change location since i'm a renter). but later in the year it will get more sun after the solstice when it drops down. in a sense though its good to have the shade since it gets really fucken hot here.

>5ftx10ft vegetable garden and a row of herbs
Some kind of fucking animal kept eating the jalapenos until I built a full cage around it

youtube.com/watch?v=SHQT1eFOgn4

DUDE

I cannot farm as i do not earn anymoney, i'd wish to lean how to garden and supplement my own produce and perhaps some chicken in the future, but for now, simple steps.

first time greenpiller. mostly peppers, a few tomatoes and a cucumber. had to stop myself cus i dont have enough space in this shitty apartment

Attached: IMG_20190611_191645.jpg (4032x3024, 3.97M)

perhaps it was a wild coyote...i hear they like em.

Attached: coyote-998x711.png (998x711, 755K)

Gonna put some outside fairly soon. Just have to get more soil for the containers. The two packs that have no label are Purple Russian tomatoes and Lipstick peppers.

Attached: 7ht5rev9.jpg (640x480, 119K)

WEED

I prefer the bee pill, they are more hardy than butterflies and produce honey as a bonus to pollinating plants.

Mini stone path made by an autist of the highest order.

lol wait until that shit gets big. You'll need to figure out what can dangle over the side or what can climb up a grating or something.

looks great for a first try user. remember to prune your peppers for maximum yield.

youtube.com/watch?v=syhPPONJDKY

P.S. would wife this woman

Weeds don't grow under stones. Not a bad idea.

i know the cucumber does and i read up on the tomatoes and two of them grows big. one little bush tomato and the rest are peppers that are all under 1 meter tall.

we've taken that pill too; havent been using anything on the lawn so our clover spreads, means i cant walk around barefoot... but you know, need the bees.yard is filled w/ hundreds of them right now.

we'd put up an apiary but we're not ina desirable area for a hive.

youtube.com/watch?v=kHgwLAd0A4g
Nurse Amy is T H I C C ! I like her better.

thx. im not very concerned about that right now tho as most of them are branching alright on their own and if they get too bushy it would be a bit of a space issue in this place.
just glad if i get some harvest at all.
hardened them off for a few hours tonight for the second time too.

also trying to keep moles away from digging my shit up

Squirrels ate all my corn. Anyone got a cheap way to keep them out short of killing them? Been shooting them with airsoft, but they keep coming back.

gl with it. At least if you manage to kill something you won't be wasting any space. At the end of the season, have a look at how much the roots filled the pots. You might find some things could use bigger pots.

wow...you're not kidding...holy God the things i would do to that gardening mama...

Attached: 1546150092538.gif (444x250, 1.39M)

I bought a copy because someone here.

Plant some catnip and the neighborhood kitties will come chill in your yard. I have two neighborhood kitties who hang out in my back yard by the garden practically all day every day. They never bother the plants but they keep the damn squirrels away really effectively.

Depending on your living circumstances and your commitment, a dog can help keep them away. Both with the dog chasing them off, and the scent of the dog around the garden.

I watched all her videos. She's very informative and easy on the eyes, and I love her slight southern accent.

Green beans and peas are easy.

I haven't.
I have however surrounded myself with people who have green thumbs though.
I will let them join my commune when I open it up.

The jungle is king for off grid

Attached: playground2.jpg (2560x1920, 2.19M)

That someone was me user! Great job. Try making officer's jam from the recipe once you get the book.

I saw a leaf link this aussie guy earlier too:

youtube.com/watch?v=2qvcb17vU2Q

His channel seems really good, all about being self-sufficient and gardening life.

ye i usually post in homegrowmen and they recommend almost double the size pots for peppers and even bigger for tomatoes, but i'll hold that off until i get a new place to live.

only plants im worried about atm is the cherry tomato in the pic (lanky fucker on the left) and the jalapenos (middle lanky fuckers) they all had tiny roots and were sad as fuck for a while, but seems to be doing ok now.
one jalapeno broke on the way home and is doing better than the other atm growing quite a bit, and the tomato is also growing new tops but the leaves are still a bit soft and thin compared to the others.

OP here, I was that very leaf.

Can I come? Can't buy any property here in Syrupland. Everything is so fucking expensive.

Attached: 1560268200208.png (1366x1366, 495K)

Property is cheap in like 90% of the land mass of Canada. American Island is still for sale up by Ft. St. George. I've been thinking of buying it though.

i love the concept of self-sufficiency but it's just not that realistic unfortunately. if you're going off grid farming: beans, corn, winter squash is the way to go. also have a gun for hunting, and a fishing pole for fishing.

>OP here, I was that very leaf.
Not sure how long the green pill threads have been going, but you should continue to make these daily green pill threads so anons can help each other become more self-sufficient and dodge GMO produce

>0 calories in that picture

Yeah, it just depends on where you live. But even taking a large portion into your own hands (some solar power, having chickens, growing veggies, etc) is zounds better than living the 100% goy life.

>muh GMO boogieman
you better define what you mean by GMO since pretty much everything is GMO to some degree now

Hello it's me the local limeposter.

Attached: Citrus australasica.jpg (800x600, 222K)

Not true. Australian Limes are untouched.

shit yeah chickens. great for fertilizer (poultry manure), free eggs, and occasional meat! i forgot them.

>You better define what you mean by "genetically modified organism"

Attached: 1432423523632461.jpg (900x900, 84K)

it won't matter either way, net 10-100 years we're all dead. if this brings you joy with the time you have left then by all means
youtube.com/watch?v=5WPB2u8EzL8&app=desktop

>meme flag

you have taken the aquaponics pill right user?

Attached: aquaponics2.jpg (2711x2444, 1.81M)

I've heard really good things about chicken poop and being able to just heap it right on because it's so gentle compared to industrial fertilizer.

Mostly it's plants modified by a certain bacterium.

i said "pretty much everything". almost every major product is.

yeah because there's natural GMO (select breeding) and then there's the gene modifying by various means.

you too