The Anti-(You)

I think I just stumbled across a gold mine.

I've been testing this across multiple boards for the past several days now. Whenever I see a garbage reply that I want to reply to but don't want to give free (You) loosh to, I put a "/" inbetween the two ">"s. I tried putting "@" at one point, but people just called it Reddit and ignored it. However, putting "/" in it leaves no room for Reddit interpretation.

And me say, the results have been absolutely explosive. The amount of unrivaled, uncapped RAGE whenever I put ">/>" instead of ">>" has caused entire threads to completely derail in a flame war. People need, need, NEED their (You)s in order to survive. In fact, they will go so far as (You) THEMSELVES, out in the open, ID and flag visible for all to see, if you don't give them their (You) subsistence.

With that being said, I think I've just struck oil and hit a jackpot. This ">/>" thing pisses people off on a level I've never seen before. It gets people more mad than ponies, furry, emojis, and even Reddit itself.

I don't know if it's possible for us to come together and make something of this, but I thought I'd let you guys know of the explosive potential of this. People really, really, REALLY need their (You) fix, and if they don't get it, the results are hilarious.

Attached: theanti(you).png (400x400, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SwYN7mTi6HM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a work of brilliance

>reddit spacing
go back

This.
You too Reddit jew.

>/>8232125
you're a retard

>/>8232125
test

>/>8232153
>structuring paragraphs so they are easy to read
>"reddit spacing"

If I didn't use any spaces at all, you would have just said "tl;dr" or "wall of text". Your meme reply is exactly why ">/>" is needed: To deprive people like you of (You)s.

Attached: 1510638496339.jpg (236x241, 57K)

hmmmmm i lik it

@8232125
Fucking retarded, but it will work.

>/>8232125
hmmmm what does it do

>/>8232184
I think the reason ">/>" works so well but "@" doesn't is because "@" reminds people of Reddit (even though it has nothing to do with Reddit, but this is how people think), and leaving it as ">/>" turns the text green. Greentext is already a triggering point for some people.

stop wiith this retardation I hate manually trying to follow the conversations

>/>8232250
Stupid tripfag.

>/>8232250
Testing on a faggot namefag

>/>8232125
Chaotic Good

Fuck off.

Hello kog

>/>8232464
test

>/>8232469
Look at that thread.

Just LOOK at it.

A few uses of ">/>", the the thread has devolved into a massive spamfest. They are trying to kill it FAST before the idea spreads.

>/> is exactly what this website needed.

youre a moron if you unironically believe reddit spacing is a thing

>/>8232523
It’s already on page two, nobody really cares about this shit. We’ve had people using @ and > to reply without giving a (You) since fagmark popularized it.
Also nice reddit spacing and misuse of greentext lmao

>/>8232153
I thought reddit spacing is having a line break between every sentence, and two between paragraphs. OP has no linebreaks between sentences and two linebreaks between paragraphs.

Attached: UpToBat.jpg (777x777, 233K)

>ITT people taking the bait

>Not using obvious bait for testing OP to see if he's pulling everyone's chains.

Attached: 1455868515484.jpg (1014x1500, 641K)

>\>8232657
testing how backslash looks

all that extra effort just to tell someone there post wasn't worth the effort to reply

Attached: 1475773148095.jpg (409x393, 29K)

@heaven
I know right

#dicklord
this

That's not what is communicated by denying a (You), and you know it.

Attached: RikoYou.png (1024x550, 182K)

>/>8232125
I like it

>/>8232612
Both "@" and ">" have problems, though:

@: Reddit. Pure Reddit. Every time you use "@", you immediately get a "Reddit" reply as apparently "@" is popular on Reddit. I don't use Reddit so I never knew this. I knew upvotes were popular there, but I have no idea what "@" is used for.

>: With ">", people will think you manually typed out the quote and forgot another ">", so you just get called a newfag.

With ">/>", it has these features:

- Like ">", it creates greentext
- Unlike ">", you can't get called a newfag for using it since NOBODY is going to type out ">/>" as it is way easier to click on the post number and then add a "/" inbetween the two ">"s
- It's better than ">\>" because the arrows are going to the right and so is "/". Using "\" disrupts the flow and isn't as effective.
- The ">.>" or ">_>" is one of the most ENRAGING emoticons ever. People respond to it with a VENGEANCE. Using ">>" and then the post number doesn't remind them of this emoticon as people are used to seeing ">", ">>", and ">>>" all the time. However, if you separate it with a "/", it activates their emoticon PTSD, and people subconsciously see ">_>" instead of ">/>" causing people to get even MORE mad
- The most obvious thing is that "/" is reminiscent of a crossed-out circle. ">>" also means "to go right/forward". By being told ">/>", you are telling them, "NO", "You are NOT right", "You don't deserve my reply, but I'm giving to you anyway faggot", etc.

Basically, >/> is the most triggering way humanly possible to reply to someone without giving them a free (You).

@8232878

If you say so, bub.

>8232878
tl;dr but probably good copypasta material

>/>8232464
Lol, no.

>/>8233266
Fuck

Ppppulaaaa

>/>8233360
>333

>reddit spacing
nigger it's called markup spacing and really it just makes shit more readable you dumb motherfucker.

THIS

>/>8232250
>calls someone retard
>is a tripfag
bro

>defending reddit
>defending reddit
>le THIS!!!11
>le This.

lmao

Attached: 1536022973439.gif (1108x800, 181K)

Attached: usrs.gif (320x208, 1.89M)

You're just baiting at this point

Lol

Attached: 1534706959084.jpg (680x330, 101K)

lmao

Niggers. Reddit spacing IS a thing. On Jow Forums, you only need to press enter once to start on a new line. On plebbit you need to press it twice, starting two lines down (if you only press it once, the lines merge and you don't have separate paragraphs.

Example of normal spacing:
This is a haiku
It goes 5, 7, 5, right?
Completed haiku

Reddit spacing:

Reddit is for fags

Reddit spacing is for fags

This makes me angry

Final thought: In general, it isn't a big deal. It is a bit faggy, but it does make the writing clearer. So who cares?

Nigger reddit spacing hasn't been a thing for years, do your research before ranting like a moron

You're

using

too

much

of

my

shitty

phoneposter

screen

real

estate!

It has been a thing, and is still a thing, faggot.
It hasn't gone anywhere.

Yeah okay then go have a look over there and see how right you are

>/>8232125

>/>8233993
Just did. It is still a thing

lmao okay so you're basically bullshitting

>/>8234007
I don't understand how you're being so fucking retarded. Just open up reddit (it is probably already in another tab, you fucking faggot), and type:

"I am a faggot
I am a faggot

I am a faggot"

You'll notice the first two statements are on the same line.
Magic, isn't it?

Okay we're actually doing this.
Fuck it I've got some time to spare on your retard ass give me a few minutes

Dumb retard. It's one thing to separate every line onto a new line. It's another thing entirely to separate paragraphs. This isn't high school English you faggot. Separating full paragraphs into easy-to-read chunks is a common practice online.

That's literally what I said, you illiterate cunt. Learn to read before you chimp out everywhere, faggot

>/>8234089
Fag.

>/>8234094
Cry more, dumb dumb

>he's still trying hard
Just you wait, britbong. Just you wait.

Attached: 1537654569882.jpg (250x246, 7K)

Is it really taking you this long to test your illiteracy, fleming?

I don't usually waste my time btfo'ing people on the internet but when I do, I do it in style

Attached: 1531285250471.jpg (251x241, 22K)

>/>8234162
And you haven't done anything, because you know you're wrong (especially if you bothered to test you stupid claim).

is nobody going to point out the fact that this bongs ID says gook?

Why would anyone who isn’t 4 or retarded even care about that?

Attached: E7992FB8-F648-4169-A777-781D14697A35.png (1334x750, 1.08M)

There are a lot of those here now, but it's a nice change from the arabs.

>/>8232125
>I think I just stumbled across a gold mine.
>I've been testing this across multiple boards for the past several days now. Whenever I see a garbage reply that I want to reply to but don't want to give free (You) loosh to, I put a "/" inbetween the two ">"s. I tried putting "@" at one point, but people just called it Reddit and ignored it. However, putting "/" in it leaves no room for Reddit interpretation.
>And me say, the results have been absolutely explosive. The amount of unrivaled, uncapped RAGE whenever I put ">/>" instead of ">>" has caused entire threads to completely derail in a flame war. People need, need, NEED their (You)s in order to survive. In fact, they will go so far as (You) THEMSELVES, out in the open, ID and flag visible for all to see, if you don't give them their (You) subsistence.
>With that being said, I think I've just struck oil and hit a jackpot. This ">/>" thing pisses people off on a level I've never seen before. It gets people more mad than ponies, furry, emojis, and even Reddit itself.
>I don't know if it's possible for us to come together and make something of this, but I thought I'd let you guys know of the explosive potential of this. People really, really, REALLY need their (You) fix, and if they don't get it, the results are hilarious.

Attached: 1555752068726.jpg (372x351, 15K)

Hmmm, not convinced. Since I don't get the same thing
Pic related is mine. See, a single enter = same line

When I go onto this comment you just made, and copy paste it, it shows that it is a DOUBLE FUCKING ENTER on the first one.

Do this again, but copy paste this

I am a belgian faggot (line 1)
I am a belgian faggot (line 2)

I am a belgian faggot (line 3)

Also
>listening to nigger music

Attached: belgian cunt.jpg (511x270, 21K)

Fucking faggot, deleting his shit. Nice one, cunt.

Okay but real talk for a second they might actually be using some sort of reddit beta thing just like youtube is doing. Maybe you're on some sort of old scheme
I wanted to broadcast your failure for the entire internet, me pic related the intellectual

Attached: 1555233481232.png (212x238, 22K)

But you didn't prove a thing.
>m-maybe it's a b-b-beta thing
This is because there is a 'new' reddit from a few months ago. And because it is a new thing, then that just proves reddit spacing IS real, and has been real for years. You've just proven yourself wrong.
>entire internet
All 3 of us in this thread, well done.

Whered you find that image of the notorious Italian?

Go0K

Oh come on man I made an ebin maymay video just for you, can't you finally pull the stick out of your ass. I know it *used* to be a thing, my point was the redesign has to be almost a year old at least

Attached: 1553377071035.jpg (273x184, 8K)

Nope, you said it wasn't a thing. It is a thing, and it is what some faggots are doing on Jow Forums, the redditors who have come here are still using their reddit spacing, and THEREFORE, it still exists.

Okay yeah no, I didn't realize you'd get unironically rustled by trivial shit like that. Been nice talking to you. Try to loosen up in the future

Attached: 1545849097930.gif (220x220, 147K)

>/>8234347
Says the one who made a video to try to btfo me (and fail to do so).
Oh well, it's been fun. And it almost reminds me of the good arguments I had on /b/ so many years back, but now they are impossible to have.

It was a joke nigga, I try to find silly excuses to train my image and video editing
Been doing this since I started hanging out on this board and it works wonders

bump

fags

Attached: 1534565092779.png (404x238, 47K)

>/>8232125
Nice system will use

youtube.com/watch?v=SwYN7mTi6HM

>.