Anybody heard about www.thedarktruth.com ?

While searching for domain names I came across this website: www.thedarktruth.com

This website is nothing but 2 simple lines of a cryptic message on a blank page. imgur.com/f96cBo7

I checked the page's content but the HTML has just the two lines of text and nothing else. I thought it to be a prank page or a student project of some sort but still went to WhoIs to see who made this. And this is where things started to get strange.

Unlike any other website that I've searched on WhoIs, this one has every bit of personal information redacted. imgur.com/6q2vlqb
The fact that this page has all information redacted, coupled with the cryptic text on the site. This really feels like something big, hiding in plain sight.
" You are at Wit's End...

Exits lead off in all directions."
Any help in this is welcomed.

Attached: quest.png (229x73, 2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes5.pitt.edu/article/wits-end
web.archive.org/web/20010401000000*/www.thedarktruth.com
web.archive.org/web/20050207193825/http://www.thedarktruth.com/
imgur.com/gallery/jWKHa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

anglo propagnada here anglo propaganada there
ANGLO PROPAGANDA EVERYHWERE
FUCKING STOP YOU C UNT

It's a scam he stole your personal info and now he's underway to your house to come and tickle your anus

this was actually really cool

good find op

It sounds like schizobait user. It's pretty easy to fake redaction of whois information. The message is specifically crafted to toy with people who have no information or context.

Attached: YouDontSeemToUnderstand.jpg (392x309, 141K)

Another thing I found out is that if you type in the site in your address bar, then it shows the message as I mentioned.
But if you open the link after having it posted anywhere, the message changes to

"Prisioner Zero will vacate the human residence or the human residence will be incinerated."

This. Is where it turns stranger.

viruse do not click

that's a Doctor Who quote

before bed
>forbes5.pitt.edu/article/wits-end
>You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike. You are at Witt’s End. Passages lead off in *all* directions. —Colossal Cave Adventure, 1977

still interesting

xyzzy

If you browse it in the wayback machine it's also moderately spooky since it's been like this for the last decade. In 2004 it was some kind of stupid parking/ad page but then you go back a few years and it was also something cryptic and spooky web.archive.org/web/20010401000000*/www.thedarktruth.com

This keeps on getting weirder...

Really cool, user. /x/ loves a mystery if you want help investigating

Attached: 1533027551655.png (409x389, 125K)

Judging by the fact that "wits' end" is capitalized and possessive instead of plural, I can tell they're talking about a specific place. Maybe a mountain? That's the only instance in which I can think of exits leading off in all directions. After some googling I managed to find a seemingly popular resort destination in South Africa called "Wits End Mountain resort". I tried finding news articles on the place but I came up empty handed. Perhaps it's a threat?

New here. Can you please tell me how I can link this thread there? Or can you please post a link to this on that board or something?

That was the page in 2000

Attached: Sans titre.png (1366x766, 11K)

This actually sounds interesting OP possibly some hidden story or edgy project. The only thing I can say is bant is full of autistic retard so If you need help this is the wrong place to ask friend.

i saw that too.
The current basic text seems to be from an essay.
The text you get from clicking the link after it's been posted is a Doctor Who quote.

Does the dates of these changes have any connection?

What ever happened to that website? Do people still go there??

Please as I said earlier.
I am new here.
What board should I go to and how do I link it there? Should I repost it there or is there any crossposting option avaulable?

technology and paranormal are good boards fren hope you find what you're looking for.

Just checked /x/ for the first time in months and the board is pretty bad, so I don't know how much help they'd be, they used to love this stuff. You can make a new thread there, and put the post ID number there like you do in a regular reply. I've never linked across boards before so I may be wrong

No it's be like this
[post number]

In the 'comment' area?

yes.

Thanks for the help!

The spelling of "prisoner" on that page has an extra I in it.
And as pointed out earlier, the words "Wit's End" had unnecessary capitalization.

It has been a marriam webster's dictionary search page after that

web.archive.org/web/20050207193825/http://www.thedarktruth.com/

Found an imgur post with the same title.

imgur.com/gallery/jWKHa

Any links?

There's a Doctor Who link on the imgur page as well. The pictures are of a specific place in Wales, maybe that has some relevancy?

That's Llandaff Cathedral in Wales.
Coordinates: 51.4957° N, 3.2178° W

And the Doctor Who link is a tag to reach other related posts

nigga this is the post that explains wit's end
colossal cave adventure was a pretty popular text adventure back in the day all of the nerds knew about it