Charity

Does anyone here actually do any charity related work?
I dont even like using the word charity but volunteering to help the needy. It's a great way to really see all aspects of life

Attached: images (2).jpg (485x303, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(9-3)/(1/3)+1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why is working for no pay not slavery?

because nothing is forcing you to do it.

PEMDAS
9-(3/.3333)+1
9-(9)+1
9-(9+1)
9-(10)
=-1

Your own sense of guilt? The brainwashing you have received to believe you are "good" if you do it?

yes

burger education at its finest lads

He's reading it as (9-9)+1, he needs to addition then subtract.
9-(9+1)

It’s 9

amerilards cant really be this stupid?

this

these types of questions are honestly stupid because in the real world no self respecting mathematician would ever write an equation in this way

You're fucking dumb. Addition and subtraction are communicative, same with multiplication and division. The fact you have no idea what that means is proof enough you're dumb as fuck.
Not all of us. Just the actual mutts.

lol i made a mistake

it's +1, you can't just install parentheses where they didn't previously exist.

Parentheses
Exponent
Multiplication
Division
Addition
Subtraction

So 'communicative' is why you don't add before subtract rather left to right.

Holy shit middle school students can solve this

subtraction is just addition of a negative number, (9)+(-9)+(1) is the same no matter what order you do it in

9-3/(1/3)+1
9-9+1

The most charity I've done is donate canned foods.

Left to right progression nigger.

9 minus 9 plus 1.

It is 1. Should have finished 4th grade porch monkey.

Subtraction isn't even a real operation. You're simply adding the inverse. Addition and subtraction are the same operation, they just had to dumb it down for the idiots. Apparently.

So parentheses before exponent, or these too 'communicative'? Leaving 3 tiers or so.

utter retard

Commutative.

No. They're not. Ffs man how is this shit hard?

Yeah sorry. Phone posting.

How is it Politics? If you're goal is simply to mock my inability to solve mathematical equations why not do it on /bang/?

it's politics because it's a testament to your lack of education. Clearly evidence that wherever you're from is in dire need of education reform

did whoever write this know that the oedilus is a different operator from the solidus and doesn't do the same thing

Who would be stupid to give more power to schools? Why would I even need schools to teach or this when I have someone on the internet willing to do it for free at dawn?
P/E/MD/AS from left to right, thanks for the 4th grade education.

What if you are the needy?

Oh shit, I mean 19
>t. 8th grade dropout

>Does anyone here actually do any charity related work?
I do. I do it with my local Catholic Church. I chose them because Protestant preachers always try to proselytize super hard to those receiving the charity while the Catholics don't push nearly as hard (they tend to make the information available but aren't pushy in the least). I also chose them because other charities tend to be greedy about the money and half assed about the services. It's also important to know that most charities find greater value in your time than your wallet. Plenty of donors out there, few volunteers. It's also a great way to meet people, especially important people in your communities, which can often lead to better job offers. I doubled my pay when I was offered a new job by a woman I met at one of these functions (preparing food baskets for the poor). She liked me, saw I was a good person and worker and offered me a job I never would have gotten otherwise.

who said anything about giving more power to them... reform doesn't mean expand, seriously man get some education reform already

How are people this stupid?
3 / 1/3 = 1
9-1 = 8
8 + 1 = 9

wolframalpha.com/input/?i=(9-3)/(1/3)+1

but how is 3/(1/3) = 1?

>How are people this stupid?
>9

Attached: amerimutt.jpg (346x145, 9K)

You can't add perens retard.
1/3 of 3 is 1, correct?

Define 'reform' with a proof. In fact do me a solid and provide me the mathematical proof for 'communicative' I'll understand it better if you just draw it out.

it's not 3.3333
it's 3 / .3333

Fuck no. I hate charities.

One third of three is one. That's not what the equation is. It's asking for three DIVIDED by one third, not times one third.

There are 3 thirds in a 1 and 3 1's in a 3. 3 x 3 is 9. You fucking retarded baiter.

another utter retard

Only an idiot would write an equation like OP's pic, so adding parentheses where they logically belong is the only way to solve it.

>look at all these charitable (you)s Jow Forums is just such good people

>
>1/3 of 3 is 1, correct?
Sure, when you multiply, not divide.

9-(3/.3333..)+2

This is the only correct answer

t.mathematician

I have. Worked at a homeless shelter. It's basically an endless pattern of ensuring the survival of 9 wastrels who unquestionably deserve death in order to have a shot at helping 1 who is only borderline worth saving. Near the end I was often thinking to myself that, even if it meant my death, the world would be better off if the building was airstriked with me in it — after all, i was complicit in enabling their existence. In conclusion I quit and now think slavery wasn't so bad.

3/(1/3)=x
3=x(1/3)
3=x/3
3*3=x
9=x
>proof me wrong professor

I wasn't joking about being an 8th grade dropout. It amazes me how dumb educated people can be sometimes. Forest for the trees and all that.

if PEMDAS is used, its 3 divided by 1/3 which is 0.33 repeating, then we add 1, =1.3, then we subtract 9 from 1.3 which is 7.7. That is the strict following of PEMDAS, however if we let a computer calculate it, it runs the equation like this,

= 9-3/.3+1

= 9-10+1

= -1+1

= 0

Either way is retarded and apparently, only an idiot would write this equation without using parenthesis.

According to merriam webster, reform is defined as such:
1a : to put or change into an improved form or condition
b : to amend or improve by change of form or removal of faults or abuses
The definition is the proof, because a definition is a logical statement of equality.

Likewise, the commutative property is also a definition, which can be used to categorize certain operators. You could define an operator that commutes as one which yields the same result regardless of its order of operations. An property possessing of commutativity is the commutative property. A more mathematical proof might involve proving commutativity of a certain operator (such as addition or multiplication),

That's actually undefined. By ariphmetic rules operation goes from left to right, but since there are two different signs of division use in one formula so you can say second one is not division but a form of rational number.

>an operator that commutes as one that yields the same result regardless of its order of operations
Ah yes like spelling racecar.
A goal of changing school into something 'better', but at who's expense and for the benefit of whom?

It is 1 right?
9-(3:0.333)+1=
9-9+1=1

Based

hopefully at the expense of beuracracy, and at the expense of politicians who currently use our schools as indoctrination camps.

And for the benefit of Americans who, among other things, can't properly execute order of operations.

Yes as
-2+2=0
2+(-2)=0
2-2=0
Proves
>subtraction is just addition of a negative number, (9)+(-9)+(1) is the same no matter what order you do it in
Thereby left to right progression with addition/subtraction following multiplication/division.

Sometimes people make mistakes, mister perfect.

>1 post by this ID
inb4 300 bot replies

How do I not feel like a selfish asshole for wanting to use volunteering to find someone to give me a job?

Yeah you're right. Kinda funny how such an easy mathematics question can cause such problems on Jow Forums. I got this taught when I was 13 or 14

Stomme kut. Put the joint down and kill yourself instead.

I mean, most people only volunteer once in a while, if you're unemployed and you volunteer constantly at the same place, there's a good chance they'll offer you a job. It won't just be because you volunteered there, it will be because after volunteering for long enough you'll have become an integral member of their team and worth taking on as a permanent employee.

Hjb shaniqua

So which bureaucrats and politicians are you defunding? I'd love to see money taken out of Sex ED or Holocaust Class to instead fund music class, gym class, or arithmetic.
You can't just shake your fist at 'bureaucracy' or 'politicians' that's a weak position that can't target anyone.

This board is supposed to base itself on arguments formed upon peoples ability to prove and justify their statements. Math is exactly the same type of beast AFAIK.

Division and multiplication are inverses of each other, so when you divide a number, you technically are multiplying the the reciprocal of the term. Another thing to consider is that multiplication is a coefficient of a term, and as such terms are always added, being subtraction is the additive inverse of the term. Parenthesis are by convention, use to quell any ambiguity to the read out of addends.

Fractions should be to the 2nd nearest place value at least otherwise it's too far off.
3/0.33
3/0.3 is 10.
0.3/3 is 0.1
10-0.1=9.09 aprox
9-9.09=0.09
0.09+1=1.09

this

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 12.57.20.png (216x170, 8K)

I fucked up but you get the idea

You wrote it wrong. Can't write 3:⅓ like 3/1/3 would fuck up the entire thing

Your picture gave me cancer. How the fuck the computer even read that?

i'd agree with sex ed and holocaust class. A lot of public schools (at least in the deep blue state I'm in) have legitimate social justice classes now where they talk about politics to make sure all the kids get on board with mainstream political opinions. I would probably completely do away with social studies and anything relating to modern politics outside of some basic history, constitutional law, and some lessons on how our government and voting system is structured. Overall though I'd put less emphasis on literature in class and more on hard sciences. I think there should be programs that are easily and openly available and publicly funded to encourage creative activities outside of class like maker spaces, music spaces, writing seminars, etc., but they should not be mandatory or part of the standard curriculum after maybe elementary school. Same with reading; I never got anything out of required reading except for a hatred of reading... the system should encourage students to want to read, not make them hate it... that's the general direction I would take it in anyway...

3÷1/3
Is equivalent to saying: 3/(1/3)
Or is treated as such in normie math language.
But operator precedence is dependent on definition... hence why the sum is ambiguous.

3/0.33333 not (3/1)/3. 1/3 has been expressed as a fractional amount less than 1. Dividing by less than 1.00 is always a net increase.
100/.5=200, 1/2=0.5.

BODAS
Brackets first
Of or multiplication next
Division next
Addition
Subtraction last
So 3 divided by a third =1
1+1 =2
9-2=7
Answer is 7

multiplication before subtraction, then left from right...

if it's a jewish computer, it might read id right to left

yeah, you're right, my mistake

Attached: Screenshot 2019-06-19 at 13.05.06.png (244x128, 8K)

>a lot of schools in my deep blue state are funding social justice classes to get kids onto mainstream politics.
That's disturbing, and will either only invoke infighting amongst the children or jade them against the mainstream position. Literature is great you just have to understand which books are the most useful to read at the moment; to that end ask 'which books are being banned'. Is your state one of those that banned to kill a mockingbird because it says 'nigger'?