ART UNIVERSITY general thread

I'm an artfag studying for a BFA in Illustration. I believe in the 14 words, but I also have an undying passion for art, it's my only talent. Should I continue to pursue this path, or are my aspirations only a pipe-dream?

I thought about posting my art in this thread but don't want to get doxxed. Pic unrelated.

Attached: Pre-College-v2-summer-2019-300x300-circle.jpg (300x300, 28K)

To clarify I'm a community college graduate with an associates in fine arts (only art degree they offered) transferring to a 4-year art college in the city. I move out to my dorm in late august. I am 20 yrs old

Art is dead and the jew killed it.

Attached: 1554413207333.jpg (1952x2760, 1.12M)

My Grandmother made a career out of selling her artwork, but she did have my Grandfather helping her set up at art shows, and drove her there, and hand carved all the frames for her works. Prints of her work sell for thousands of dollars (signed lithographs).

art can never truly die, not when there are righteous men in the world. I had a professor who said painting died with the invention of the camera, as people would opt to get their photo taken than pose for a portrait, contributing to the rise of abstract and later post-modernist art.

but even in these dire times there is a flicker of hope in the pool of darkness. Art is like religion, one must have faith. The mainstream doesn't matter.

Also I did a research paper on Egon Schiele he was a pedophile and likely had an incestuous relationship with his sister.

His art is also so fucking shit it's not even normal.

Attached: 1551901308771.jpg (1600x1145, 518K)

do you faggots even realize that invention of photography made traditional painting and drawing irrelevant?
and these people created new forms to make it relevant again

Good luck user. I regret dropping out, please don’t quit.

Just accept the fact you’ll never make over 25k a year and you’ll be good

Attached: art_major_1473650911142.jpg (1190x877, 402K)

Do video art like Sam Hyde. We need more propaganda

Do what you love and inspires you, eventually you will find a job in that field.

Literally Hitler detected.

Attached: th1DP1HX45.jpg (474x266, 17K)

Yikes.png

>one source of revenue dries up
>pack it up boys we have to draw like shit now

Whenever I see that I imagine it's either making fun of the Germans or outright demonizing them.

Sam Hyde never shuts up about how worthless art school is for even a moderately talented and motivated person. That being said the connections that can be made in a worthless place are on display even in his life. because if he didn't go to the art school then all the people he knows he would not know. So going there, realizing it's worthless, complaining about it being worthless and getting out with some valuable friends makes it worthwhile?

I know I would be cranking out memes instead of shitposts if I could draw, and you can't automate illustrating jobs...

Just do your thing.

There is also a graphics design board around here that might be able to give you meaningful job advice, though it looked to have a lot of bitter GenXers in there too.

Art is very important in society. If you are passionate about doing it, then never stop. Especially if you believe in real art, not some jewish modern nigger """art""".

Attached: 52713798_1358191390986653_2639863818414456832_o.jpg (1000x500, 53K)

Hitler was an artist.
You'll be just fine, sir.
Art is based.

Attached: 1561231141617m.jpg (1024x691, 115K)

>I thought about posting my art in this thread but don't want to get doxxed.
Do it anyways, I want to see whether you make degenerate shit like everyone else.

I'm in a similar position except I graduated a year ago. I have only one good option for my future: more school. I got into a (((grad school))) program for a very specific illustration field. But it is Kiked to the core and I hate it. Anyway, art is doomed, just like the rest of western civilization is, so if you love it, go for it. But don't expect much from it

I and all my friends are art fags. My whole art class in uni was pol tier. Met my obnoxiously artsy Instagram wife that was virgin at 21 yo there. (Now married for me). Same for my female friends that are also art fags and are 1488 fuck faggots and beta cucks. Do whatever you want. You live in clown world anyway

What is you job user? Help I'm lost

This. Hitler knew exactly what was going on.

If you are girl, then find a redpilled guy
If you are guy, well... you really should've done something more substantial. Now you'll have to get into a trade if you want to be successful.

I watercolor, love it but also very amateur. I run into a shit ton of poz when researching different things. I do run into a lot of redpilled people though, they're the ones making the real art. Pic related, my favorite paints, Sennelier.

Attached: sennelier and palette - Copy.jpg (960x1280, 249K)

Persue your passion with everything you have and create art for the ages. Infuse your politics into your art if you feel so inclined.

Good on you user .I have no gift for art but I really enjoy looking at almost every genre

Apply for an art residency at any place that suits your field/practice (the one that offer stipends/funding)

learn to write,

go to every opening you can and be nice to everyone (you never know who can help),

message the galleries that interest you and ask what it takes to be represented by that particular gallery.

find out about stablished artist in the contemporary art scene in your city and apply to be their studio assistant.

If the school provides a fully funded exchange program do it

DONT SHOW YOUR POWER LEVEL

Don't apply for MFAs unless you already feel fully formed as an artist and only take them if you are not going into debt for it.

Attached: Captura de pantalla 2019-06-22 a la(s) 14.46.18.png (576x715, 815K)

I recently started a company that does VFX, animations, art and modeling for games. Pic related is what I am dong for some Jap studio whole weekend, while chilling and shitposting by myself at the office.

Attached: DarkMagicain_f.jpg (1020x1406, 818K)

Fucking 32 bit depth render. Sorry user. This should be 8

Attached: DarkMagicain_f (1).png (1020x1406, 536K)

nu/pol/ is fucking retarded, boomers will shit on art students and people who want to pursue art-related careers, and they will also complain that art is full of progressive retards.
Follow your passion and bring some non-degeneracy into the art world.

networking is the most valuable aspect of higher education even in STEM.

Same fagging here. For those that know her I am studying Billy Showell's art...her books are very helpful, she keeps everything simple and to the point. I have the Sennlier 24 color set in the wood box(+12 extra Jacksons Art colors) and the botanical colors she recommends, it's a lot of fun. I also found an awesome source for Series 7 brushes, they're outstanding. Purchasing a 219 dollar brush for 20 bucks is badass.

Attached: brushes - Copy.jpg (640x481, 77K)

Commercial art is a dead industry. You will have to compete for jobs with fools who will work for practically nothing just so they can build up contacts or pad their resume. Clients treat you like the bottom feeder you are as they know quite rightly that there are a hundred others just as good as you who will work for the same pay or less.

Get out of this madness and pursue a real career. Finish carpentry and welding draw on the same skill set. Those jobs pay well once you're established. Trying to make it as an illustrator is like trying to be a pro musician. A few do, the rest fail.

t. BFa, former illustrator and graphic designer, now security guard and stock gambler

Honest question, why did you go to school for art?
My understanding is that you just have to be good and create a portfolio to find work. My plan right now is to work a normal job while I get good enough for commissions I want to do.

Attached: disney.jpg (642x646, 57K)

What’s a battle for Azeroth illustration

Damn, you're making Yu-Gi-Oh stuff, what's the name of the company?
I'm in the academy of arts in Sofia and I'm thinking of going into game design when I graduate

>it's my only talent
If it's a talent why the fuck do you pay for it?

You are clearly a woman so no, stop wasting your time in school. Get a white husband of good character to take care of you as a stay at home mom and have 12 kids. Get busy before your eggs dry up! If you insist on being a career addled feminist infected cunt then for fucks sake STOP paying for bullshit art school. Just make art 12 hours a day every day. Imitate the greats at first and develop your own style. Support 1488 causes and try not to secumb to the degeneracy of the modern world. Remember, artists generally have to suck major jew cock to get into galleries exhibitions etc.so get used to doing everthing yourself. Good luck.

No. The Jew was undermining Viennese culture. That was the stated goal.

Can't tell you the name as they are jet to release their stuff. Game design is great. I am doing 4 hours of C# Programming fundamentals form Soft Uni every morning from 5 to 9 o'clock. I am also doing some short films with National Film Center financing. When I have 200K to spare in a couple of years I will start working on some super autistic games like Cataclysum DDA.

Art is not a career.
Get a useful degree that can support you financially and paint on the weekends.

Or, alternatively, take out six figures of non-dischargable student debt in order to earn under $15k a year following your passion, and be soul-crushingly poor for the entirety of your life.

Your call. Don’t let others decide for you.

It’s probably possible but very hard to get a career as an illustrator, easier to be an art teacher or possibly 3d modeller and have it as a hobby.

Most important thing to do is learn how to use your computer to illustrate and make memes and propaganda, pic related, although i think the most effective memes are much more simple, often just make things in paint and if we’ll done can spread the message much better than a painting

Attached: 1EBE8677-E3E9-421A-8141-BBCEAD8A6E6A.jpg (2250x1346, 3.72M)

If you actually learn the fundamentals you'll be better than 99% of your fellow graduates, you'll be fine in terms of jobs then.

Attached: art school.png (1752x6796, 3.63M)

Nice, good luck dude, we might meet some day in the future. Who knows

To be honest I don't get the starving artist meme. Pic related took me around 5 hours to do and is worth $1K. This is around 200$ per hour at the age of 25. If you can't make money with art you are literal retard. It is by far the easiest craft to sell.

Thank you. Good luck with your art and never settle for less then $2K for a salary (Eventually). (I started with 300$ monthly lol)

You should give up on art and get a real degree. My mother got an art degree and she now works in marketing making less than so do without a college education. Dumb bitch should've stayed a house wife, but she sucked at that too.

>very hard to get a career as an illustrator
The author is a friend of mine and he makes $5K easy drawing erotic depictions of WoW characters and the like. It is literally the easiest way to make money in art.

Attached: 64951526_846438605809553_8297131673405882368_n.png (1799x1687, 1.13M)

how is this a bant thread wtf is wrong with you mods

Why do all comfy threads get moved to bant/ and all shill infested hellholes stay untouched? Jennies are niggers

Back to the containment board

Attached: Imptrash2.png (714x1049, 170K)

WTF pic related?

Yeah the goddamn "muh dik" and "muh wH*toid* threads never get deleted...or my favorite "muh why do all women hate wH*toid"

I am 100% sure the Jew owns Jow Forums and it is used to contain people that would otherwise go and actually do something. This is the final redpill

I wouldn't doubt anything anymore user...a goddamn spaceship carrying kike aliens could land in my yard, anally probe me with a hitler youth dagger and I wouldn't be surprised at all.

lol had similar conversation with my wife today that if the flat earth retards turn out to be right I wouldnt even be surprised anymore.

They lie about everything. I wouldn't be surprised if there are upwards of 100 million illegal shitskins in the US either.

God i fucking hate blank verse poetry

Well our gobbement says Bulgaria is around 7 mill. But we are well bellow 6. And an insider told me we are actually 5. We are already on genocide watch for the fastest disappearing nation but the actual numbers are a lot scarier. I am sure it is that same with the US when it comes to immigrants. If people knew shit would get down in a month.

Goddamn...how many shitskins illegal or otherwise do y'all have? Also do y'all have the whole white guilt schtick over there like in the US?

No thank God 80% of the people here are pol tier. Nigger is a everyday word and not being casually racist is considered poor manors (seriously). We were on the side of the Axis powers during WWII and when we lost we lost shitload of clay. Si most people are HH too. Imigrants don't stay since we don't give gibs, beat the shit out of them and have civil migrant hunter squads. Also I see a great reemergence of folklore and traditions in millennials like myslef. We should survive but there will be dark days ahead.

Well if you're a racist then you should reevaluate your life before you start hobbies lmao

That's awesome. Makes me wanna visit some day. Could a US southerner get along there only knowing English? I've been to a few other places and they love the way I talk, made it a lot easier to get along and do things.

Gypsies are a problem but they are all in the EU now. Some are working and actually getting integrated in society. Others are stealing as usual. Same with Turks. They fell from 15% to 8% in 15 years. And half of them are in Germany. But Turkey doesn't want them as they are Christians that were forcefully converted so they are not "pure" Muslims.

In the capital most young people know at least English if not more languages. So you will be absolutelly fine. Also life here is suoper cheap.
-300-400$
-200$ food
-200$ fun
-150$ bills

Around 1000$ us dollars and you will have the equivalent lifestyle of $5K/monthly in USA.

-$300-400 Rent

We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children in my profesional opinion as a white law enforcement officer

Attached: PCSO Clare Gardner (8317).jpg (500x750, 104K)