The 80s and 90s had their niche revival with vaporwave and shitty netflix propaganda...

The 80s and 90s had their niche revival with vaporwave and shitty netflix propaganda, but the early 2000s are being completely shunned even now that they're more nostalgic than ever for most of the users on this board. Creating a new art/music subgenre based on faux 2000s aesthetics would be top notch. But to stand a chance, a symbolism based on the early 2000s is needed. Vaporwave has pink/aqua color schemes, windows 95/98 and greco-roman statues coupled with forgotten 80s products. What do the 2000s have aside from HBO masterpieces, 9/11 and the golden age of imageboards?

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 19K)

hqdefault

4kids and early Youtube.

hqdefault

Crazy Taxi

>first xbox gen
>halo
>pirated CDs
>eMule
>Limewire
>Myspace

I remembered cartoons from pbs and 4kids, and playing with my brothers on n64 and Gamecube.

Attached: Late 90s and early 2000s.jpg (2000x1124, 627K)

N64 is already used widely in vaporwave. I think Xbox and PS2 get less credit because they were released right at the turn of the century.

It seems that PS3 and xbox 360 out shadowed those two. It seems like 911, US invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, and Bush, terrorist attacks outweighed what the culture was at that time and if anything from the early 2000s revived in any various forms of media (movies, shows, songs, games) would be hard to not include them. Due to being the focus of the culture.

Attached: 1556751380954.jpg (706x720, 38K)

literally the best era of american media and gaming as a whole as well

i hope that the late 90's - early 2000's video game aesthetic makes a comeback
something about blocky models and geometry with low res filtered textures is just comfy as fuck

Attached: .jpg (900x746, 431K)

At that time ie various forms of media if they had any skyscrapers being destroyed would be censored.

Yeah those matter as well. Seems like light green and yellow fit the style, another thing to come up with would be a set of backgrounds/patterns. Vaporwave is filled with 80s-like grids, checkered floor and the likes but i can't seem to find anything that suits the 2000s.

I guess that's still 90s, HL 1 came out in 1999 and HL 2 seems to be a better choice overall since it was also released on consoles at the time.

>Creating a new art/music subgenre based on faux 2000s aesthetics would be top notch.
There's currently a nu-metal revival using late 90s and early 00s imagery.

The best Grand Theft Auto's

>late 90s and early 2000s
as far as i know these don't go farther than 2004, but there's way more to the 2000s than merely 4 years. Idk about metal because i've never been into it but a brand new art style would be a good way to start. Will try to experiment with 2000s music as well.

but counter strike ran on the same engine and that game is quintessentially 00's
also GTA SA came out in 2004-2006 on various platform and it has the a similar aesthetic

Attached: .jpg (1920x1200, 466K)

I was referring to the release dates, it's safe to say that anything after the release of Windows XP and before the release of W7 suits the aesthetics.

Apache overthrew every other mainstream server software solution irl around those times. Hackers were aware of it's superiority way before ofc but now the open source really blasted it's way through into mainstream.

I remember Steve Ballmer doing his best in this hopeless battle. We all know how it ended. Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-06-28 23-32-20.png (717x862, 238K)

Just wait a little longer and someone else will do it for you

I remembered neon yellow maybe neon purple. Was the green neon green?

Funny thing is I had a conversation with my brother about cartoons and music from early 2000s to early 2010s.

>just wait
Yeah I'm not that patient. I was kinda astonished by the lengths vaporwave artists go to reproduce and mock the aesthetics of the previous century but i felt like missing out something by not having lived in that period.

A lot of neon lights and a contrast between vivid and dark shades was used to promote products for sure.

I think that's mid to late 2000s and even early 2010s.

That probably soon when people who grew up in or born in early 2000s will make media based on the Early 2000s and mid to late 2000s. Based on Gen z will be or are becoming adults in the next couple years.

Both halves seem to share this aesthetic choice to some extent. Also plenty of old phones were colored with a shade of silver IIRC.

Attached: PS2XboxGamecube.jpg (441x396, 87K)

Was silver a main color in the early 2000s? All I remembered was neon colors. Because now it's dark gray, white, and black.

pretty much, before smartphones took flight my uncle had one of these things with some shitty animated wallpaper of a disturbing eye looking at every direction of the screen. Fuck if i remember which model it was.

Attached: sse300_00.jpg (500x501, 51K)

I remember flip phones, and still using vhs' and dvds to watch stuff along with early youtube when I was younger.

Fuck, i remember piracy being so widespread you could make a living off pirated DVDs because no one had an internet connection. The nostalgia hits hard.

I remembered going with my dad and getting movies and games from blockbuster I don't think you know want blockbuster was.

also anime went through an unique period of experimentation, the industry wasn't all about catering to otakus, isekais didn't exist (except .hack which is actually a neat show) and series lasted longer than 12 or 24 episodes. Good times, i can almost say early 2000 - 2013 was the golden age of anime.

Attached: For_culture.jpg (998x749, 31K)

Narato?

fuck nah, look up Monster, Blood+, Le Chavalier D'Eon, Last Exile and some other gem. They might have been flawed but you can't deny they lack creativity. Even shounen shit authors poured more efforts in their writing.

Those shows I never heard of before except Blood+ and Monster, my brother would show me shows like black butler, Fairytail, FMA, Fate, and some other shows with my other brother. Why would you say anime after 2013 is shit?

Cuz of the overall laziness the industry is pervaded with. The genres are in a state of stagnation and the studios still bank on its audience to squeeze it down to the last penny. It doesn't even try to reach out to a broader target anymore, anime hasn't seen a sliver of innovation since SAO came out.

>still bank on its audience to squeeze it down to the last penny.
It's teenage zoomers watching shows now with cute anime waifus and faggy looking male protagonist.
> It doesn't even try to reach out to a broader target anymore
What do you mean? Because now you see on the street people wearing anime t-shirts and it's like half of zoomers watch anime.
>anime hasn't seen a sliver of . innovation since SAO came out.
I get want your saying I get bored with modern anime think it's all the same. But old anime like Berserk i'm interested in
Due you think nu-weebs even know or would care about old anime or even anime pre 2013?

Yeah but back then it tried to reach out to more than just simple minded zoomers. I don't think they would, I happen to dislike modern anime because I can tell the difference and can safely say post 2013 anime is as soulless as it can get.

I think zoomers that are their late teens will grow up and out of anime, but it's teens coming up. That will still watch post 2013 anime.

You can't just rehash vaporware with 2000s aesthetics/music and expect it to work, you have to be more clever than that.

Early 2000's cartoon network