What's the best language to learn? I considered Spanish or Chinese cause of their popularity...

What's the best language to learn? I considered Spanish or Chinese cause of their popularity. I learned a little bit of French in school. I'm considering German or Dutch cause I have ancestors from those places. I don't want to be a single language bound amerimut like everyone else around me. I'm still young so it's the best time to learn right?

Attached: 1560235290967.png (1080x1298, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

cs.utah.edu/~gback/awfgrmlg.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Learn German

If you want to spend time in Europe, German is the best language (after English obv). But it is definitely more difficult than Spanish. More or less the same level like Chinese.

learn French or German, these are (together with English) the culturally most relevant languages of europe. As a third language I'd study ancient Greek or Latin.

Learn a language that's not west european, so it's from a different culture. You really think differently in different languages. I go on different lines of thought if I think in english than I would if I just thought normally.

1) fourtran
2) python
3) ruby

Learn german its one of the best languagea that exist but dont learn french french is gay

Attached: 1562254480616.jpg (500x500, 112K)

Yah German seems to be the most recommended id like to spend some time in Europe despite how bad the situation seems in some places there. But I didn't know it was that hard.
I know a little french from highschool but barely any. Maybe I'll do German then French later idk. I have some intrest in Latin cause I've been reading on the history of Rome recently and its been interesting to see how the words can be traced in some cases all the way up to English. I was reading a quote by Cicero on the word Imago which translates to image it was a burial mask and was very facinating.
I've heard of this. I was gonna study Japanese but then I realized its pretty pointless due to their closed of nature. Any suggestions?
I know the basics of C++ and Python from highschool and I'm going to college for computer science so I'm sure I'll learn even more there.

Every slav language.

Are you the German bot trying to immigrate to America or did you just steal that image? And why is French gay?

Why? Are they useful in some way?

As an obvious speaker of german and english i personally would learn spanish, because its a wide spoken language in the world.

I can respect that and I believe I've stated in this thread i have no real reason not to learn Spanish but I still don't want to do it.

you already speak english, so there's your germanic language
you've already started on french, so if the Norman culture interests you (and it should, because you speak english), just keep going with that
learn Chinese if you want something entirely foreign and 4 billion new friends to quietly resent

>best language to learn?
depends on what you want to do with it

German is the easiest language for English speakers to learn.

I already can speak German pretty well (ok like 5/10), but I'd like to learn Russian, Belarus looks chill af.

Attached: 1474450151187.jpg (800x1213, 115K)

Learn Ancient Greek and Classical Latin

Attached: image.jpg (736x1104, 151K)

Don't go for japanese, or anything that exotic, it's too hard and you never learned a foreign language.
I don't know what to tell you, but have this in mind:
- pick a language you like the sound of (or you'll hate it everyday)
- also that you could possibly use sometime (so don't go for kyrgyz unless you plan on going there because it's useless otherwise)
- and you have acces to media in (music, videos, movies, books etc.), this way you'll actually be able to learn it

>German is the easiest language for English speakers to learn.
That's not true, German is often more difficult to learn than French or Spanish. Dutch is the easiest. Regardless, German is definitely one of the ones most worth learning for the culture alone. I would love to read Faust in the original. Otherwise, Latin is great for getting a general feel of all Romantic languages and making it easier to learn them all.

But how is French useful now. When I eas younger I wanted to travel there but from what I've seen now France is absolutely cucked. Even normie friends. Even a female black normie friend told me France was dirty and trashy after she got
back lol.
Really? I was told that it was as hard as Mandarin by another user.
I'd like to learn at least one because I'm studying ancient Rome currently. I'm actually doing a study of history from rome up to world war 2 from a selection of history books and biographys I have(Cicero Augustus Hitler Churchill Teddy Roosevelt George Washington carver as well as multiple others.) I've been meeting around at my house this summer before starting college so I thought i would dedicate myself to study in order to improve myself. Thatd why I'm also trying to pick a language to study.

what a showoff

German for western Europe, makes it easier to jump into Scandinavian languages.
Russian for eastern Europe, somewhat common all the way over in Poland, but English will still likely be more useful outside of Ukraine, Russia, and Belarus.

Mark twain about german language: cs.utah.edu/~gback/awfgrmlg.html

>Dutch is the easiest
Dutch and german are very similar, a german can understand it with a lot of concentration. Why should it be easier to learn than german?

Arabic to work for Intel agencies

Learn all of the languages on the Goergia Guidestones, or as many as you can

You’ll see in the new era

c

German is nowhere near as difficult as Chinese. It's slightly harder than Spanish or French because the grammar is often convoluted.

Attached: language-learning-map-1.png (750x670, 126K)

You should probably learn spanish because in ~30 short years it's going to be the national language of America.

Isn't """""diversity""""" just wonderful??!!

I didn't choose Japanese because I might visit there but I don't think I would want to live there. And I'll watch anime occasionally but not to the point it would be worth it to learn a language.
Yah I've gotten the impression that German is useful for the sake of accessing media that might not be available in English or isnt as high quality translated. Id like to learn Latin and or Greek eventually but it's probably not what I'll start with.
How?
Interesting I'd like to spend time in Europe eventually idk for sure what parts. If I could I would learn both. But idk if Russians worth it.
Multiple people have said they're similar yah.
They wouldn't take me lol. I did consider that point though.
Is that the one weird prophecy piller thing.
??????

Attached: 1559922256168.jpg (497x500, 158K)

That's more what I was expecting and its a relief.
Maybe i should yah. But I won't unless i have to. Fuck that. I don't like the language. Hopefully by that point ill have enough money to buy a house far away from everyone. Maybe off on the coast of Ireland or something.

Attached: 1559388585770.png (712x951, 635K)

Weird, I did a google search and get multiple different answers, but I know when I was learning German I often heard this, and IMO was pretty easy to learn considering English has far more in common with German than any romantic language.

I guess it just depends on who you talk to, but IMO it's one of if not the easiest to learn. Not even comparable to Mandarin.

Yah that's fair. I don't think its up there near Mandarin on any official list.

Determine who your enemy is and learn as much about them as you can, including their language.

I don't have a particular enemy at this time? The military tried to recruit me but I'm going to college instead. I want to run my own buisness someday so I can't afford to spend four to eight years in the military as much as I wish I could.

>More or less the same level like Chinese.
lel you're delusional. it's rated a a category 1 language with around 600 hours learning time for a native english speaker -- namely the easiest level to learn.

chinese on the other hand is a category 4 language and the most difficult to learn for native english speakers.

Yah that's what I had thought it was. I was confused when he said it. I can see it being harder then French or Spanish maybe. But the same level as Chinese seemed unlikely.

Le français c'est la langue de l'élite les gars j'suis désolé pour vous.

France is even more overrun then America.

If you learn Esperanto, you will always be able to tell if someone is a Jew or a globalist.

It takes less than 30 days to learn.

I've never heard of that before in my life. I'll look into it though. It's some weird mix of languages?

George Soros grew up speaking it in his home.
It was created by a polyglot Jew to serve as a second language for the world. Easy to learn, everyone can use it. Hitler executed anyone who spoke it. It's a mix of German, Italian and a few other European languages. They say that Jews in the labor camps got away with speaking it by convincing the guards it was Italian.

Basically this is how the international clique communicates when they come together from different countries.

I've heard the Russians will like you more if you speak even a bit of their language. It shows effort.

I have no idea who that is. And I'll probably just learn some other languages on my own instead. But your comment reminded me. Would anyone say Italian is useful? I have an Italian friend and the language sounds cool. But I don't know if it's at all worth my time to learn it.
Maybe someday I'll learn some Russian. I think it would be cool to know at least a little.

italian is not useful at all

What’s the best way to learn a new language?

only correct answer

Fair enough. Guess I'll put learning that on the back back burner.
Ideally? Immersion. Theres no better way to learn a language then being surrounded by it. Realistically. Lots of practice. Write it listen to it. When you get good enough have conversations in it with a native speaker. Consume media in it (music books television)

Im learning italian and then chinese

Why's that. They're useful for studying history and science to a degree but you can't do much else with them now I don't think. I'm not blasting them. I hope to learn Latin some eventually but its not super practical.

Why did you pick those? It's a weird selection don't you think? French English Italian and Chinese?

Does anyone know if dulingos section on german is any good? I know actual books and tapes will work better but first I would have to research those to buy them.

it's good but it doesn't really teach you any of the rules such as cases and adjective endings. Find some workbooks or textbooks online, they're out there. Duolingo is more of a vocabulary practice.

It is more difficult than Spanish, but objectively much easier than Chinese

Spanish if you are intro poetry or songs with deep meaning. Chinese for business

c++

you need to be 18 to use this board

>poetry or songs with deep meaning
Really? Give me some examples

Every slavic language if you want to tell your toilet cleaner to do his job faster.

Attached: bald-man-dandruff-2.jpg (870x540, 105K)

Learn icelandic for the keks

That's what I figured yah. I know I'll have to get a actual book. I have one on conversation in German that belonged to my grandfather but its too advanced for me.
That's what I expected basically.
I may be forced to eventually but unless I have to I don't want to learn Spanish.
As I believe I've already said. I learned the basics of C++ and Python in highschool. I'm going to college for computer science so yah I'll keep learning. I also want to learn a second spoken language as well though.
I turn 19 next month I was 18 all through senior year. You're not clever you're annoying please fuck off.
A couple people have suggested slavic but idk how useful it really is.
I have a friend who wants to learn that but it doesn't seem worth it for the laughs to me lol.

They are slav

Fair. But I live in burger land.

Gabriel garcia Marquez, Mario Benedetti, Gabriela Mistral, Pablo Neruda, Nicanor Parra (one of the favorites of Mike Patton) just to name a few.

When it comes to music, Hip Hop/Rap at times is more meaningful than just american Gangsta Rap i would recomend "El bosque" from Mantoi. Also Folkloric music is pretty good Los Jaivas for example and Argentinian 80' Rock bands are very good too, Soda Stereo, Babasonicos, Los Fabulosos Cadillacs.

You are being overdramatic, there are states in the US that still are 90% white. Only in California, Florida and Texas in a few years would be mandatory to know spanish.

I mean for buisness reasons. Even in upper states of the U.S. where I live its becoming common to see Spanish being used. I hope to run a business someday so being able to understand my patrons certainly might be useful.

Which is more useful French or German? I've been asking around and I haven't gotten a good answer