Is it true that the English can’t speak more than one language?

Is it true that the English can’t speak more than one language?

Attached: 341E8595-E80A-4596-BFFC-D349E5A1EF88.gif (258x215, 78K)

If all the entertainment I consume were in a different language I'd probably be more inclined to learn it. That's probably why Japanese is so popular here actually

The british empire was so successful, english remains the most important language today.

I consume much more Japanese media than English and I am not able to speak Japanese

日本語理解できるの?

Was willst du mir sagen mein Freund?

Ich bin Amerikanischer und ich verstand das.

ich bin argentinien und ich verstand das

Je parle français... c'est cool, non ?

Bilingual here but what is this meme? Why should you need to know another language to accommodate others? If English Spanish or whatever is your native language you should stick with that

parlo un po italiano, e bello molto bello

That's dumb. Why not learn another language and get to talk to more people? It's difficult, sure, but half of that difficulty is really the perception of difficulty skewing your perception. In reality, learning a new language is a lot of fun and it's very rewarding when natives understand your speech and writing and you, in turn, understand them.

Sorry, i missed the part where you said you're bilingual. But my point still stands.
Italian is pretty cool, but it didn't grip me like french did.

Trust me mate, no one in Italy speaks perfect Italian, i'd suggest you start learning some dialects too, like the roman of the milanese
E.g.
>Roman
"Aoh Marco! Te và de'nnà a pija quarche cerasa ju ar campo?"
>Milanese
"Wela Marco! Ti và di andare a pigliare hualche shiliejina giù al campo, figa?"
>Correct italian
"Hey Marco! Ti và di andare a cogliete qualche ciliegia giù al campo?"
>Translation
"Hey Marco! Do you want to go pick some cherries over there at the field?"

Non ho capito nà minchia.

Je ne parle pas francaise.
I learned French 2 years in school but never used it again.

nein
verstehst du?

interesting the different dialects, but really I know some italian because in argentina we use some italian words, for the moment i'm very busy with english

Ah, that is understandable. I also took 2 years of french in school and learned absolutely nothing. But guess what? In just a few months of learning on my own, I learned infinitely more than I ever did in school and was able to start speaking with natives within that first month as well.
Being an autodidact is really the best route. Download Anki and play some jeux videos avec sous-titres en français to start you off and you'll acquire the basic grammar (though french grammar is notorious for being difficult). Fortunately, french and english share so much vocab that you can probably already read some french sentences just because you know english.

Yes I will try it

i tried to learn french again because i learned the basics in school, but its hard for me to memorize all the words

I love languages!

I learned 5 languages by accident. and now i'm learning two written languags: latin and biblical hebrew. i'd love to learn classical greek too, but studying three languages at the same time is too much.

Attached: 650909650695.png (779x646, 293K)

Holy shit. Galician and Asturian are closer to Spanish than those Italian dialects.

du bist einen schmutzig lügner

>ich bin argentinien und ich verstehe was du sagst

Do austrians really post an*Me?

ching chong

Niemand gee 'n kak dat jy 'n fokken intellektuele fagot Hans is nie.

Yes they do!

Attached: 9BB19722-39C8-4214-995B-791E538630FA.png (410x490, 224K)

>he was forced to learn English in his primary education
I got to elect which shit hole language I was expected to study in HS.

I learned English and French in primary, could it be that your state have low education standards?

No. It's because we don't live in a country that is less than 500 miles (~805 km) from an entirely different culture that speaks a different language on all sides. The most we would need to learn outside of interest is Spanish and French. Maybe, just maybe, this is a geographical issue and not just a "level of education" issue. Whatever, thanks for learning English like you were required to do to make my life easier.