Good morning UK. Your brother from the US here with a few questions. All of my ancestry are from the British isles...

Good morning UK. Your brother from the US here with a few questions. All of my ancestry are from the British isles, my states law is based off of English common law, my constitution derived from the rights given by the magna carta and my country was created by British citizens. Lately that connection has started to fade and I would like to revive some of the cultural similarities. So can you tell me some things about your culture? what stories did you grow up with? do you guys have any songs that are culturally significant? what holidays are the most special to you? what is your faith? and lastly for shits what food is your favorite? thanks bros, have a good day!

Attached: me and the pops.jpg (700x366, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tea-and-coffee.com
tea-and-coffee.com/darjeeling-first-flush-tea-phuguri-organic-2019
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Just another burger interesting in this.

thanks for the bump user

I guess the brits don't browse the chans in the morning

You're still a mutt regardless

Attached: 1510280028559.jpg (898x954, 435K)

sure thing nig

>What stories did you grow up with?
Winnie-the-Pooh, Rupert the Bear, The Tiger Who Came to Tea, etc.
>Do you guys have any songs that are culturally significant?
Lots of songs by the Beatles, the Who, the Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin, Queen, etc.
>What holidays are most special to you?
Shrove Tuesday, Easter Sunday, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Halloween, Bonfire Night, Christmas Eve/Day, Boxing Day and New Year's Eve/Day.
>What is your faith?
Personally, my faith is Roman Catholic, but in Britain it's mostly Anglican, with communities of Islam, Sikh, etc.
>What food is your favourite?
Us Brits love Italian food (Spag Bog is a must for tea) but we have roasts and victoria sponge cake, etc.

What if your favorite type of tea and what would you suggest to a burger who might like to give tea a try? I've only really had stuff like milk tea, sweet tea, and green tea.

I guess we are still very similar, that's almost identical to growing up in the Midwest.

burgor

I'm more into coffee (Latte is the best, especially at Waitrose), but I would suggest either Darjeeling, Camomile or Earl Grey for an American to try.

I like earl grey or some other black tea but coffee is better especially straight black coffee.

Thanks friend. I'll have to give those a shot.
If someone were to visit the British Isles, is there a place you would suggest?

I'm a complete tea snob...
tea-and-coffee.com always shop here.

Our "basic" tea bag tea is basically just cheap assam blends as assam or kenya teas are generally quite cheap and easy / robust to grow.

But if you're in to loose leaf tea then here's my top few.

Top grade: Darjeeling. First flush is the expensive stuff but nothing wrong with 2nd flush (that relates to is it the bush's first or second grow of the year). You can use milk in Darjeeling but india would spin in it's grave if you did. Considered the champagne of tea, fucking expensive with a sharp, bitter taste but I love it.

2nd Grade: Ceylon. Generally a lot cheaper, darker but more similar to what you may be used to but just posher.

3rd Assam. This is the tea that most people consider tea. Basic but try some regional, quality stuff and it's really nice.

Others....
Africa tea (generally dark, strong and packed with caffeine).
China black tea (cheap, simple, similar to assam).
Pu Erth / Lapsang Sushong - horrible! It's smokes tea, like drinking a forest fire.

REEEE EARL GREY IS FUCKING DISHWATER

Interesting. so from the sounds of it Assam is probably closer to anything I've tried. Is there something, taste wise, that you would compare Darjeeling to?

Anything else is generally not real tea as it will be either random flowers and petals. There are of course white and green teas but I don't really like these as a daily, they're like a detox shot. White tea is crazy good for a detox.

Ceylon is my favourite. I gotta admit tho I drink it with no milk or sugar, just straight tea. And I use 2 teabags at a time to get it stronger

Yeah check link...
tea-and-coffee.com/darjeeling-first-flush-tea-phuguri-organic-2019

It has a good description, images and brewing method included. I've had Phuguri before and it's top notch without being mega expensive.

Oh god yes, Darjeeling is too expensive for a daily & Celylon is my main go-to as well. Works with or without milk just fine, nice bitter high notes.

You both are making me consider going out to find a bit of both of these to try.

Loads of places; Pembrokeshire, Berkshire, Northamptonshire, Dartmoor, the list goes on...

Revive your heritage. Drink tea and be anglo

Attached: 815Ohq5plZL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x853, 139K)

Haha, how about places to avoid, maybe that's an easier list to put together.

>tfw heritage is British, French Candian, and Danish
I will return to my British roots!

Don't forget the Lake District and places like Buttermere.

Attached: Morning Sunlight Buttermere-lowres.jpg (640x427, 37K)

Simple.
Big Cities (outskirts).

Most city centres are fine but it's the residential areas surrounding the cities that you need to avoid, but if you stick to Taxi or Train you'll avoid that anyway.

However, there are often cases where the outskirts are superior, such as Solihull (near Birmingham), Portobello (near Edinburgh) and the majority of Northamptonshire.

Oh yeah I know, but I wanted to simplify as much as possible, stick to a general rule and you're fine. Most places are safe as long as you don't go looking for trouble.

I think I've been everywhere in the UK except the lake district, northern ireland, and most of scotland

Which country in the British Isles? Just England?
I suggest you look up some loyalist/unionist culture either way.
It's as "British" as you can get when it comes to culture.

Done the lot! Lake District is an absolute must I'd live there if I could find a good tech firm based there.

>loyalist/unionist culture
why is it called that?