Why are they so incapable of making good movies?

>inb4 muh Das Boot

One film from the 80s doesn’t excuse the barren wasteland that is the German film industry.

I’m glad I’m Anglo.

Attached: 49F27FC1-DC0E-4EAB-A3BA-19C255723C69.jpg (658x795, 63K)

no one cares

>state funded

Attached: 1539882446751.webm (720x480, 2.93M)

whats worse, german humor or german cinema?

holy cringe

Literally 95% of moviegoers think that Kubrick and Hitchcock are american.
It doesnt matter how good you do something, Hollywood will always get the credit.

well, Kubrick was American

German engineering

Attached: frigate.jpg (1252x822, 130K)

they don't have the budgets or the talent to get anything on the US' level made
there's a reason 90% their movies are low-budget comedy dramas with derivative plots and lots of naked tits to distract you from that

no one in germany gives much of a fuck about movies.

Kubrick was american you absolute retard

90% of the population here is just watching football (real football)

Herzog and Fassbinder are the only good ones.

Most artists in Germany are just pretending to express emotion considering the population consists solely of insects wearing human suits. Everything the Germans know about love, beauty, and friendship had to be absorbed from other cultures, so all their art looks derivative.

G*rmans are genuinely incapable of critical thinking, which you need at least a modicum of in order to make a compelling film. If a subject isn't allowed by the state or by the (manufactured) cultural zeitgeist they'll simply not talk about it. All that's left is "art" that caters to the g*rmanic cognitive dissonance.
You'll never see something as creative as the german expressionism wave of the 20's and 30's or even something like Das Boot ever again. All that's coming from Germany is sanitized politically correct garbage.

but English football is better

their movies are basically all WW2 guilt about being nazis or modern bullshit about German women falling in love with Turkish immigrants or some other cringey bullshit, they are an artistically bankrupt people

cocteau made beauty and the beast with almost no budget after the war

what about Run Lola Run

what about The Lives of Others

what about Stalingrad (1993)

what about Toni Erdmann

what about anything by Werner Herzog

what about anything by Fritz Lang

We lost our best genetic material in the war and weren't that creative to begin with. Germans are autists and therefore bad at lying and acting. I don't think I have ever seen a convincing performance by kraut.

he was jewish

At least Germany still has its own distinctive film industry.

Hollywood and British cinema are basically one and the same now

actor drain
really good ones go to hollywood to become mediocre stars
Germany keeps the bottom leftovers

Based.

What is the German equivalent of Norf FC?

Attached: 76870E0C-6B43-4045-B1D2-893512582A2C.jpg (743x534, 174K)

O B S E S S E D
B
S
E
S
S
E
D

You aren’t one to talk. The British film industry has always been a poor imitation of Hollywood. They brain drain the shit out of your island.

He meant Nolan

>lots of naked tits to distract you from that
Not true, there are no people more prude than us.

I do.

The real problem is that here are no big studios.
You only can make a movie if you get the financial support of the state. That or you have to finance it all by yourself.
And thats the problem. Because if you want the support from the state the movie must be political correct.
Thats the reason why movies from Germany have literally only these few topics:
- WW2 and muh guilt forever because of the hololcaust
- shitty romcoms
- Something about East Germany
- Something about handicapped or ill people
- some modern "muh refugees are good and heres why..." movies

With that kind of system you maybe get 2 or 3 alright movies in a year.
But now Im actually excited about the future with netflix, amazon etc. investing into local productions.
Dark was maybe the beginning of some nice productions.

Also: Fucking Germany could do so much better if the Filmförderung would invest all their budget into german made movies and not invest into shitloads of foreign productions.

Der Hauptmann was great

Schalke S04
pretty much

SCHAAAAAALKE

Attached: schalkefan.jpg (383x370, 150K)

>Defense experts cite the warship’s buggy software and ill-considered arsenal—as well as what was until recently its noticeable list to starboard—as symptoms of deeper, more intractable problems: Shrinking military expertise and growing confusion among German leaders about what the country’s armed forces are for.
loss of institutional knowledge as older experienced people retire is something I'm surprised we don't see more of honestly

Retard.

This country is so fucked up, we can't get anything done anymore.

Also the fact that it's way too heavy which impacts performance and operation costs. I worry about loss of knowledge too considering how more and more things are being automated.

Name a mainstream German movie made in the last 10 years where this applies.

>growing confusion among German leaders about what the country’s armed forces are for.

How could this possibly be a question you dumb krauts. You need to protect all the other useless militaries from Russia. It's that simple.

Toni Erdmann shows a woman eating a cum covered cake. Feuchtgebiete shows a bunch of dudes shooting thick ropes onto a pizza.

This was kino, but of course a french/polish co-production

Attached: der_hauptmann_szenenbild_04_cjulia_m_mueller-weltkino_filmverleih.jpg (1800x1200, 375K)

It's because in Germany you can only make films of how Germans should be ashamed to be Germans

Germans should be ashamed. They're all incoherent autists that pretend to be good at their jobs.

Anyone who uses the word "Anglo" unironically (or ironically, 2bh) needs to be kicked in the chest.

Briton? Britbong? Ugly inbred?

Erdmann wasn't mainstream ( not by a big studio) and it had no nudity that was supposed to be attractive. Those are both shock scenes

English

>O nein oida, daß is racistmus.
Did an industry placement in Munich and this was literally (literally) the attitudes of most people. Germans are still obsessed with race and see it everywhere. Their Government can’t even criticise human rights abuses in Saudi without being called racist by the Teuton print media.

Is this real?

what's wrong with Anglo, you son of a pikey Irish plastic paddy cunt

I'm from England, wtf

This can't be real.

yeah, I was implying your foreign ancestry based on your comment about disliking the word Anglo. I don't think that really needed explaining you block head.

>loss of institutional knowledge as older experienced people retire is something I'm surprised we don't see more of honestly
seriously. with all the talk about how sissified millennials are it's interesting that we haven't seen more bungles like this

FKK

Fassbinder's movies are kino though but yeah, that's about it

The Berliner Schule is mainstream. If those arent good enough examples then take Gegen die Wand.

it's real

His point still stands user.

For a 1st world nation with 80 million people, the Germany of today is almost devoid of artistic accomplishments.

Germany had produced many good movies in thec2010s but almost nobody watches them in Germany. So if not even germans watch or know about the kinos that their country has made, how should you not germans know about them?

As if you mongoloids could possibly appreciate good kino and not braindead capeshit

Attached: baadermeinhofcomplex640x360.png (640x360, 300K)

If you could list some of these movies, you'd making us a great service.

Goodbye Lenin comes to mind, though it's earlier 00's

everyone knew about goodbye lenin tho

Heres the list I posted in previous threads

Crazy (2000), The White Sound (2001), As Far As My Feet Will Carry Me (2001), The Experiment (2001), Solino (2002), Hotte in Paradise (2003), Good bye, Lenin! (2003), Herr Lehmann (2003), Head-On (2004), Downfall (2004), Kebab Connection (2004), Antibodies (2005), The Free Will (2006), Wholetrain (2006), Tough Enough (2006), Reclaim your Brain (2007), The Baader Meinhof Complex (2008), Chiko (2008), Without You I'm Nothing (2008), The Wave (2008), Berlin Calling (2008), When we leave (2010), Picco (2010), Rammbock: Berlin Undead (2010), Homevideo (2011), Stopped on Track (2011), Life is no Piece of Cake (2012), Shifting the Blame (2012), A Coffee in Berlin (2012), Home from Home - Chronicle of a Vision (2013), Nordstrand (2013), Generation War (2013), Finsterworld (2013) Stations of the Cross (2014), Tour de Force (2014), Victoria (2015), Herbert (2015), Terror (2016), Toni Erdmann (2016), Goodbye Berlin (2016), Point Blank (2016), Hands of a Mother (2016), Brüder (2017), Bed Bugs (2017), Western (2017), Gladbeck (2018), Transit (2018), Das schönste Mädchen der Welt (2018), Gundermann (2018), The Silent Revolution (2018)

t.mette Zecke

Some of them are well known and I've watched them. I will check the others.
Thanks.

*sigh*
Das Cabinet des Dr. Caligari
Das Testament des Dr. Mabuse
Metropolis
Nosferatu - Eine Symphonie des Grauens
M - Eine Stadt sucht einen Mörder
Die Nibelungen

All made in the Weimar era. What has UK done during that time? Jack shit. Keep sneeding, bongs.

The language you speak and think in alters your perception of the world.

how uncharacteristically uncouth and crude of the germans

what was it armed with, nerf guns?

Not in any significant way, really. Culture, mores and mentality of your countrymen do, not language. Retarded Sapir–Whorf hypothesis has been debunked ages ago.

>silent movies
lol

kek what an idiot you are. The united states are much more prude than any country in Europe. Germany is home of FKK and nudity is completely normal in German cinema

>using children as political tools and making them swear
I might be forced into a self-defense situation here

what about Donnersmarck, Emmerich, Petersen, Tykwer?

-Das Leben der Anderen
-Lola rennt
-Goodbye, Lenin

all good films from the last two decades

If you want recommendations you could've just asked instead of making this gay Jow Forums b8 thread. Go fuck yourself.

ever considered that you just don't know them? what spanish/french/scandinavian masterpieces come to your mind? Germany and Austria have a quite vivid creative output desu, you may be just to lazy to realize that

German state media are pushing SJW, climate shit, unlimited immigration, lie press, gap press, intermixing and German genocide. All at the cost of taxpayer money (few billion € a year). They also pretend to be a voice for the people (i.e. we love migration, we want a CO2 tax).

every western government is doing that

calm down hans

>And thats the problem. Because if you want the support from the state the movie must be political correct
hm not really desu
>Dark was maybe the beginning of some nice productions
hopefully
>would invest all their budget into german made movies and not invest into shitloads of foreign productions
well that atleast brought us stuff like Antichrist and High Life, shit that never would get made in germany

>charging his right hand man with treason for cucking him
best thing to come out of Germany in decades really

Attached: DerHauptmann.jpg (1357x1920, 487K)

Germans really lost something when they united into Germany

Then why does the state fund so many?

>Schalke
>Nord

Werder Bremen

>modern germany
>germans

just watch Austrian cinema.

They are a spiritually broken people. All contemporary german art is garbage much like their society which acts like a physical and psychological jail.

such as?
t. austrian

Good point

Attached: 1491468431643.png (599x369, 299K)

Attached: 1553956438126.jpg (425x526, 33K)

Atmen, Michael and every movie from Haneke & Seidl

Attached: imptrash.png (714x1054, 172K)

I have no fucking clue and it pisses me off. Till Schweiger once tried some more action oriented stuff for German TV and most ppl didn't like it. Guess we are not capable of producing good movies.

Slide thread.
Shushhhhhhhh, sleep now. Shushh, no no no. Just shushh. There there, good boy.

Der Untergang, Der Baader Meinhof Komplex, Good Bye, Lenin!, Lola rennt, Die Welle, Die blechtrommel, Stalingrad & Er ist wieder da weren't bad imho

I wonder if they think this is a good look, all this does is make the left look evil and disgusting.