What do we need countries for? Just to fight each other...

What do we need countries for? Just to fight each other? What's the point of dividing humans according to arbitrary differences like appereance, language, culture, place of birth?
I've been brought up as a hardcore patriot, told that patriotism is good and people who saw themselves as citizens of the world were false, traitors. Was that just indoctrination? Is patriotism the real evil here?

Why would I ever want to fight for "my country"? Why would I ever want to kill for it?

Attached: 5rosesage8.jpg (318x432, 111K)

the ancients created nation state, in the hope that there'd be a reason for Jow Forums to exist. needless to say we let them down

Don't know how is patriotism in your country but down here we are divided because of some stupid conflict that happened hundreds of years ago and the pride of both sides of that conflict won't let them see the future without proving the other wrong

It's more complex than this
Countries exist for a reason
I'm not proud at all for being born in this shithole, but I understand that we need to form part of a group, and we need to work and organizate between us in a certain way to survive. It's our nature.

Attached: Capture+_2019-07-30-23-38-37.png (720x1193, 337K)

without a country and a working judicial system we'd have people using reddit spacing left and right

Why not have a country then? Country not of English, Spanish, Polish, American, country of people, of humans. What stops us from uniting under one banner, banner of humanity? The world is already a global village, why not unite it a bit more? Divisions are what create conflicts, why not work towards abolishing all divisions, not only those racial and religious, but also the more literal borders?

I think the consensus is that everyone should be a patriot, but not a nationalist, in coloquial meanings of the words. Poles are more or less united as a nation, what I doubt is right of existence of nation states, of countries at all.

bump

why is your flag upside down indonesia

>arbitrary
except it isnt arbitrary you faggot anarchist

>Why not have a country then? Country not of English, Spanish, Polish, American, country of people, of humans. What stops us from uniting under one banner, banner of humanity? The world is already a global village, why not unite it a bit more? Divisions are what create conflicts, why not work towards abolishing all divisions, not only those racial and religious, but also the more literal borders?

... Man if it was that easy. It's too coplex to understand. I can't refute you because I don't understand it myself. But I know that borders aren't arbitrary, frontiers exist for a reason, and such thing as a global government is being tried right now, and actually kind of failing. You just can't do it.

Cross the western border and see for yourself

Attached: 1546866947088.jpg (1024x414, 100K)

Look at where that sort of thinking got us

Attached: 1526864458405.jpg (1024x814, 77K)

Well, I don't want to put myself on a pedestal as I am no expert, yet I have been interested in how countries work, why etc. for quite some time and I really no longer see a reson for us to be separated. You cannot say that it cannot be done just by stating 'it's too complex'. The only reason borders exist is for rulers to know what is theirs, but now? Now is the time of globalisation, we were never so close as people to each other and borders are slowly fading away. I am beggining to think that's a good thing.

Bad people, even disgusting ones are a part of every nation, I know from experience how awful might my compatriot be. It may be weird for us to see people that we aren't alike living besides us, I myself experience that, but that's temporary. Change, be it good or bad, always causes chaos, so I do not blame people who are afraid of it. However, considering a group of people to be worse than us simply because of their skin colour or language is the very definition of racism, something universally considered wrong, isn't that so? We are all humans, we are all different to each other, more or less, but in the end, we should help each other, no matter where we were born and to whom.

There are only two groups of people in this world and it's not 'whites and coloured' or anything like that, it's 'reasonable and unreasonable'. And examples of both, I assure you, can be found in every nation, every ethnicity, every country.

Who would rule over a united world?

Attached: 1564447432339.jpg (750x678, 25K)

Prolly a democratically chosen representatives of all people? Seems like the choice of most countries out there.

>implying I'm racist
I don't give a fuck about your skin color, no matter if you're a white idiot or a brown idiot I still don't want you to come here. Blindly hating ethnicities is retarded but disliking cultures where, for example, genital mutilation is commonplace is understandable. If someone comes here to work and take part in our culture I'm okay with it, it's the people coming here to live on welfare, sell drugs and act retarded that I don't want

Of course, what's the issue you have with me then? I have never said anything about welfare, migrations etc.

Idk man I just wanna sleep but I can't. Point is I hate everyone

>NOOOOOOO WE DON'T NEED COUNTRIES JUST LET ALL THE POOR BROWN PEOPLE IN YOU EVIL RACISTS

Attached: images (6).jpg (231x218, 9K)

Attached: straw.jpg (640x480, 136K)

Attached: Soylent-bottles-close (1).jpg (2260x1547, 753K)

Nice, two fallacies for the price of one!

blow it out your ass libtard

Yeah, let's put humanity in a bag and shake it together. Look at how calm it is in our homogeneous country, something you can't say about France, the UK, or Germany. Why should we help anybody by letting them in if it means putting our own people in danger?

Attached: Goobacks.jpg (320x206, 13K)

KEK

It's this attitude that is causing the issues. And well, it's natural it's here, over time people will treat other ethnicities better, I believe, nothing to do about it now. Globalisation is a process, we are not going to live in peace right off the bat because some guy decided so. It takes generations to alter people's behaviour.
Notice, however, that I have not once argued neither for nor against 'letting people in'. That was never even a part of my point. I would appreciate if you didn't, borrowing your metaphore here, put me in a bag with some other people that might have some views in common with me.

they need to know whom to love.

Attached: 1562467039215.jpg (1538x2048, 400K)

Alright. Answering your question in the OP:
Countries are needed so different races, cultures or religions can live in peace in their own space where they can have their own laws, traditions etc. free of foreign influence.

I don't see how it would be impossible for a race, culture or a religion to have their own laws, traditions and peace without having their own country. See ancient Romans, Rome wasn't at all homogenous, yet how many revolts of peoples in its borders do you know? Not having your own country does not mean you are persecuted for being different than the rest. Nation states are a modern invention, it didn't use to be like that. In ancient (and medieval too, I believe) times, countries were full of different peoples, each with their own culture (a particular example that comes to mind is medieval France, in which even languages spoken differed a lot from one relatively small part to another), a country's goal was never (at least not until a few centuries back) to have one group of very similiar people isolated from others so they can live in peace. Countries are what disturbs peace, in fact, as lords and other kinds of power-hungry rulers fight each other for wealth, influence etc. using 'their' people.

>free of foreign influence
That is naive, instances of total isolation are very few and far between. Foreign influence, be it religious, cultural, heck, even racial, was, is and will be a thing. If it weren't, we wouldn't see Japan as particularly weird, every country would seem that way.

because the people in power would have to give up their influence

Redpilled.

Cosmocracy is the way to go

>work towards abolishing all divisions,
Bro you just posted cringe, you're going to lose subscribers

romanian global hegemony is coming out soon and no proxy *nglo ideology can stop that

The United Nations is not a world government it plays an advisory role but dosent have much power to enforce anything