Hi morning bant, do you know about the dam in the UK is nealy collapsing?

Hi morning bant, do you know about the dam in the UK is nealy collapsing?
The dam collapsed by the affect of heavy rain and aging structure,
The brits is conveying sandbags on the affected area but I think it is a disaster.
Here is my solution for initiate action must taken for it.

place a guide on the side of lake to prevent waterleak flow pouring into affected area

covered whole damaged areas with a waterproof sheet to prevent more rainfalls come into affected hole

Do you think this is a good idea? What do you think?
youtube.com/watch?v=Zm_MMRA9Szk
youtube.com/watch?v=tiIAi2XdwjU

Attached: 無題.png (1124x907, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49196766
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i dont care

You must care the people living down there as think your parents are living.

no

Boooo you are a nasty naughty boy russian

>Boooo you are a nasty naughty boy russian

Attached: 1563851954021.jpg (947x672, 71K)

Because you are low IQ who has no brain to think solution given here other idea, you are jelous of me, user.

Is repairing a dam really just that simple? I was under the impression that dams took a lot to make and keep maintained

This is actually idea wile dreaming last night for britain. You have no such brain

:(

I suppose that'll slow its decay. I'm afraid that it'll fall eventually though and Britain will have a new lake

Attached: hanako sentimental.png (479x540, 256K)

I am not talking about repairing at the moment.
Many be this dam needs more drain (sidcharging equipments)

For the current situation, Imo, they need to do is to prevent whole collapse of dam structure.

You give a dam? I don't give a dam.

Attached: 62568093_p0_master1200.jpg (1200x1087, 701K)

This is an ideo from unprofessional perspective.

I just want to know what other people think for the solution.

hey people should not mock this with such joke, user.

Im not sure how theyd be able to reinforce it, it feels like the best decision is to try to redirect the water.

> They
you meant it is sandbags?

If so I agree, I think the sandbags with such weight with more rainfalls give more risks to collapse below the affected cncrate structure. So peior thing is something have to do is that preventing more water come into hole from both lake side and rainfalls. I agree to redirect the water. The proplem is that how the top part could endure on a placed barrier I suggested.

This is a cross section of the dam structure

bbc.com/news/uk-england-derbyshire-49196766

Attached: _108171735_dam_infographic_crossv2_640-nc.png (976x690, 185K)

Overall I do think that your idea is a good one for the immediate problem at hand. Though like mentioned, redirecting the water would be a good idea as well.

For the long term though, don't you think simply repairing it may not be enough. Would widening the entire dam and/or increasing the size of core so it would sink deeper into the ground be reasonable options?

>For the long term though, don't you think simply repairing it may not be enough.

I think this dam can not endure and has very weak part where there is the part of the concrete slav and only soils. Make more drain equipment on the upstream areas and water should pulled completely out and remaking durable dam is the best idea.

THanks for your reply user

>where there is the part of the concrete slav and only soils

This is a picture where I am talking about

Attached: br.png (1227x664, 748K)

>I think this dam can not endure and has very weak part where there is the part of the concrete slav and only soils. Make more drain equipment on the upstream areas and water should pulled completely out and remaking durable dam is the best idea.

Rebuilding it completely with sturdier materials does sound like it would be the best idea. Would the drain equipment be temporary? If not perhaps a two stage system, with the first dam having a drainage system, could work to help alleviate and distribute the pressure between both dams could work? I will admit I am far from an expert when it comes to this.

I was also going to mention that, I think that top of the dam should be widened especially. The water pressure may not be high and it could purely be because of the choice of the materials, but it is an apparent weak spot.

this thread is so stupid LOL just let it collapse and kill all those stupid brits what are they even gonna contribute in the world? toast sandwich? siiiiiiimply foolish

Attached: 1564644706112.jpg (273x361, 41K)

:LOL FUICKING IDIOT BRITISH DO THEY NOT KNOW WHAT M THE FUCK ICE IS?? WHY DONT THEY JUST FREEZE THAT SHIT UNTIL THE DAM IS FIXED LIKE HAWT DAMN LOOOL

Attached: 1546208422857.jpg (700x605, 67K)

so this.....is the power....of foreskin

Because I said that was the dam is wuite old.
I don't know about how strong the clay core part shown on built in 1800s.
Dude I am not an expert too, but even for unexpert like me, this dam has very weaknesses, so I think making drain equipments around upsream area with puming up waters from lake could be much secured safety I bet.

LOL WTF is that? It is weird

man foreskin and stretch even around an apple

>so I think making drain equipments around upsream area with puming up waters from lake could be much secured safety I bet.
I agree that does sound like the best bet before reconstruction.

Thanks alot

No problem.