Why is the USA the land of the free despite being fucking racist, with a past of slavery, protectionism and war...

Why is the USA the land of the free despite being fucking racist, with a past of slavery, protectionism and war, not to mention wageslavery and poor job conditions? I do not want to get political, I know this thread sounds biased, but I just want to know why.

Attached: hair-hat.png (500x460, 190K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_taxation_without_representation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

EL MONKEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Why is Mexico a beautiful nation despite being fucking filled with Cartels, with a past of dictatorships, state atheism, and corruption, not to mention retarded Mexican nationalism and poor job conditions? I do not want to get political, I know this thread sounds biased, but I want to know why.

what's beautiful about it senpai

it looks like desert australia like with cactuses 4-5 meters high

There’s a bunch of expensive resorts on its coasts for some reason. Everything about the country though is shit. The food is shit, the culture is shit, the history is shit, the art is shit, everything.

Oh yeah and especially the people are shit.

i've never actually met a mexican i think my opinion of them is based 90% on speedy gonzalas

partial answer:
the founders beleived in individual freedom/egalitarianism as ideals and america has always moved in that direction and still retains some of that spirit. Even at the beginning slavery troubled founders and was contested topic but was too sensitive and complex a problem to address immediately. There will always be opportunistic greedy people who exploit and abuse the system however possible. When selfish hostile dishonorable people outnumber good people in positions of power the system becomes dysfunctional

Government. It's the fact that people here are mindnumbingly dumb so the government always ends up controlling people. When something important does happen it ends up in a very anticlimatic way, and rest asure everything will go to shit after a couple of decades.

Also, the whole cartel and drug trafficking is something that started in the 80's then scalated really fucking fast after the PRI allied with them. It's not negligence of our government, but rather that it works with it, or at least it did until AMLO won the elections.

Fun fact: 60% of the country is mountains. Mexico City is shitty because it's built on the base of a lake in a valley

are people fairly social though? i remember vice did some comparitive thing between countries in terms of social life and permissiveness and mexicans were genuinely less lonely than most people or something

Yeah, but that's mostly because here people have really big families who spend most of their lives together. Personally I am not very social and have a rather small group of friends, but I don't think anyone I know has ever felt as lonely as I have in some ocasions.

One thing to note is that because of the cartels a lot of people are skeptical when meeting new people, but before that in every small town everybody knew everybody

>muh raciss
humans are tribal
don't act like they were the only one
also white countries (Merica included) are the only ones who let foreigners invade en-masse and celebrate diversity so stfu
we are the least racist people with the least ingroup privilege of all the peoples of the world and it ain't close buddy boy

>muh slavery
literally 1% of the American population owned slaves at its Peak and it was only allowed for like 50-60 years.
Bad decision (we've paid for it 100x over) but there was 90% more slaves in African and Arab nations so they would have lived far worse lives had we not taken them (we treated our slaves way better then anyone else did).
Slavery and indentured servitude and other shit occurred almost everywhere and by everyone so get over it, a sin of the past, not an American sin.

>protectionism
is a good thing
international free trade and global capitalism are predatory, undermine sovereignty and oppress labor everywhere.
it hurts almost everyone involved deeply except for a small global financial elite
any government which actually cares for its people and nation would enable tons of protectionism and restraints on foreign investment especially if they have large intelligent populations and fertile lands (America).

>war
all of human history is filled with war
also most modern wars were driven by elites and not wanted or supported by the masses

I guess you are right on every point except war. Literally why? Also, I guess protectionism is pretty subjective

I've read alot about the rise of global capitalism and free trade in the late 1900's and onwards and I am convinced its effects were profoundly negative not just for many first world nations but also for many other countries, especially Mexico and Guatemala.
Its really a racket and hurts the common man.
Not saying no one benefited from it (some would argue China did) but much of that was due to unique circumstances and the fact that they didn't really ever adopt the western globalist mindset but instead parryed towards a more self-preserving nationalistic one (a smart move).

Also, yeah, war is obviously bad and I wasn't trying to justify either it or violence but it is a consistent theme of human history, that's just a fact.
Even before the Europeans settled in America there was consistent tribal wars between the many Indian tribes for land and resources.
They lived in many ways by a might make right ethos as far as I can tell (I am hardly an expert).
But yeah in general I think different groups of people should work together and find ways to divvy up land and resources without resorting to violence and conquest, its a sad thing.

because Americans are the only people who took their freedom by force and created a country in an absence of power.
all of you other faggots negotied what "rights" and "freedoms" you have....it's why brit bongs are going to jail for things like hate speech.
you are obviously biased and a cuck so it may be hard for you to understand something like freedom, something you have never truly experienced and you can't really be blamed for that, you only know what you know and your life is only what it has been, i'm the son of an immigrant who moved to the US from the EU, in my 20's i moved to europe and lived there for a decade, i found it to be very stifling and the people there didn't know what freedom was, much less it's value....it's the very fact we can say disgusting things without our government buttfucking us that should be a demonstration of what freedom actually is.

face it, actual freedom scares you and disgusts you....you are a lesser person than those who have lived free because you will never truly know what it is you have never had.

and no, we're not totally free here either, just freeer than most.

i've been traveling the world for around 30 years, even in that short time i've noticed the impacts of globalization or rather corporatism being spread globally, it has been the single worst thing to happen to the world since...well i don't know what, i can't think of anything that has effected the entire planet in such a negative way....it's the complete and utter destruction of the peoples of the planet, they have gone from being people to being consumers, i can go to essentially any country on the planet and get mc donalds cheeseburgers and starbucks coffee...it's fucking disgusting.

i think you guys actually dress up what happened a lot when what the founding fathers really did is decide, for a lot of reasons, that financially you weren't better off as a colony and brits didn't have anywhere near the force projection to do anything about it

i mean they weren't going to actually kill you all either but i think the ideas surrounding personal liberty were just extra stuff to garner popular support behind insurgency

Attached: 1565084023542.gif (540x304, 1.34M)

The funny thing is that, if we annexed Mexico, we could have the cartels cleared out and most of your living conditions improved withing a few years using our military and drug enforcement agencies.

you're wrong, any american with a high school edumacation (not saying much) knows the whole thing started becuase of taxation without representation, so it certainly was an economically driven event, the thing is though, we won and in that vacuum of power for a breif moment we were all truly free, the founding fathers kinda fucked that up by creating a government in the first place but at least the government they did create did center around personal liberty.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_taxation_without_representation

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-13 No taxation without representation - Wikipedia.png (1059x453, 92K)

>It's not negligence of our government, but rather that it works with it
good, cause i was worried about the negligence