Do you know someone who suffers or suffered from War PTSD?

Do you know someone who suffers or suffered from War PTSD?

What were they like after they came back home and did they ever talk about it?

Attached: Thousand yard stare Hue City.jpg (564x846, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com.au/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201?outputType=amp
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Do you know someone who suffers or suffered from War PTSD?

Yes. I see him every day in the mirror.

>What were they like after they came back home and did they ever talk about it?

Ask my wife that almost divorced me and NO, I don't ever talk about it.

All the fucking "counseling" in the world doesn't do shit - I bought a farm far from anyone else and spent 10 years listening to the wind in the trees. Planting things and watching life grow instead of blowing it into ragged bits. If I had unlimited money, I would buy a green mountain somewhere where all vets could come and stay - no questions asked - and heal...

Became a drunk at 25, best decesion I ever made

I suffered from Work PTSD for year.

>PTSD
you mean being a faggot?

i didnt really get it.

i still have the occasional dreams and memory flashes of what i saw and did in afghanistan, iraq etc but they haven't really affected me.

my job was to use lethal force and it killed people, i don't have any remorse. they were just filthy muzzrat cunts, they were the enemy, i'm not going to feel sorry for the enemy. it was either they killed me/us, or i killed them. we were the victor

i don't understand how people get ptsd in this day in age, they knew exactly what they were signing up for.

it is a blunt contrast to those guys in vietnam, ww2 etc, they weren't conditioned to what to expect, alot of them really didnt know what they were in store for

I suffer from PTSD, i was present at the terrorist attack in Barcellona

i wasn't in the nzdf btw, but i did do small ops with them, those boys got thrown in the deep end more than people think. front line shit in the thick of it.

My great uncle, never knew him but he served in Wehrmacht. When he and my great aunt visited my grandparents and uncles and aunts, he was always silent, never laughing or smiling.

exactly.

ptsd is an excuse to come home from the war and just drink beer all day and not get a job. it's a made up "illness" for lazy people, like fibromyalgia.

The other great grandfather shot himself after the war and the other laughed how he killed russoids with a smg.

Attached: 4_SuomiKP_reservilainen_1117_terotuominen_elokuvaosakeyhtiosuomi2017.jpg (1140x957, 1.02M)

One time, I called dibs on the chili mac MRE, but i got stuck with the veggie omelet.

What war?
Gay faggot
My mom says she has PTSD but I always tell her shes full of shit kek. Only war vets get it and Iraq and Afghan vets are faggots I think. Vietnam was the last vets who actually suffered PTSD in my opinion

Fuck you, i was there!

No the number one cause of ptsd is rape. Your mom got raped and you mock her for it.

And what did you see some dead bodies? Big whoop fucking faggot
No she said its from abusive relationships and the doctor diagnosed her with it. I always call bullshit though

fucking retard, do you not understand that a violent event can occur outside of nationally defined wars? is your brain really that shit that it ahs to say "PTSD CUZ WAR - OFFICIAL MEDICAL REPORT" for you to understand that a traumatic event has occured in another human being? Just *LOOK* at your fucking mom and see how she behaves you absolute fucking monkeybrain, you shit-eating cheetohgobbler fucking kill yourself and leave everything you own to your mom including a note saying "i am a retard"

PTSD is a choice, you choose how you let things affect you. Don't be a faggot, don't get PTSD. Survived 4 ambushes in the Rhodesian war as a boy, nothing.. A choice.

Attached: 1541886665920m.jpg (1024x768, 53K)

woah there, mad because ahmed is fucking your wife yet again?

You sound like a fucking soft ass faggot. Ive been through more shit than my mom has and I dont claim PTSD youre just a little fucking queer that thinks people cant handle minor distress so you put a fucking faggy label on it.

Jesus fucking christ connect the dots you thick-skulled shit-chucking mongrel bastard ape.

absolute noob response, user, google ptsd instead of flinging your poo at me

You were killing people that defended against ZOG coming and murdering them.

>Vietnam was the last vets who actually suffered PTSD in my opinion

totally agree, with that one, when my dad was in his last year of high school they did a conscription, literally pulled peoples names out of a hat in his school hall.

they were not mentally mature or ready for what was expected, dragged them through a 16 week combined infantry bootcamp, including basic and then dropped them in the vietnam jungle.

my whole point is that distress can occur outside of declarations of war, fucking dumb mutt brain, what the fuck are you guys even eating over there?

My grand grand father fought in WW1. I didn't know him personally because he died before I was born but my grandma tells me it fucked him up for good.
He became very silent and had his own corner in the house were he preferred to sit alone. He did have a few friends (mostly other veterans) and he did go out to the pub etc but he wasn't the enthusiast person from before the war.
He also refused to talk about the war. Nobody was allowed to speak about it or ask any questions. If there was a war movie on tv (popular in the 50s and 60s) he would stand up and walk away.
I don't know for sure if that's PTSD but probably was.

I know this man who suffered horribly.
google.com.au/amp/s/www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/firing-ar-15-horrifying-dangerous-loud-article-1.2673201?outputType=amp

I'm a Burger in Krautland, user. I was a Lifer. Army. Mid 80's through early 2000's. Panama, M.E., Balkans in the 90's. M.E. again... couldn't eat pork chops for about 10 years because burning humans smell exactly like pork chops being grilled... still sit in the back of a restaurant where I can see the exits/entrances... It doesn't "go away" - you just learn to cope as best you can, sack up and keep going - if only for the sake of your wife and kids.

>t. Big brainiac that knows more than the doctor that diagnosed said disorder
You sound like a fucking prick speaking about your mother that way. You’re probably the rape baby LOL. She should’ve aborted your pathetic excuse for a son

I had two older cousins who were in Chosin during Korea. neither would ever talk about it, but I do know they were both vegetarians until they died because the sight of meat reminded them of that event.

Remember that time your frh failed, and you had to eat cold ravioli.
>Ive seen some shit man.

Interesting, I didn't know conscripts from NZ got sent to Vietnam, only read that Australia and America did that.

Read "The Five Fingers". Kiwis were there.

Fuck you pussy. All humans go through things doesnt mean you have to put a label on it and act like a faggot.
A lot of these vets from recent wars just come home and just go on disability and shit because they seen a dead body its fucking dumb. But Yeah Ive heard Nam really fucked people up psychologically. A family friend was a Ranger over there and would beat the fuck out of his wife if she tried to wake him up.
Im not saying people cant suffer distress dumb fuck. Im saying that being screamed at by a spouse and threatened isn't the same as not knowing when you're gonna step on a punji trap or get hit by artillery rounds.

I seen those vomlite MREs. Eating one of those is real service to your country

Nothing compares to your suffering, right? You poor, poor bastard

Are you pic related?
I know who my dad is and look exactly like him LMAO

Attached: B2A92F63-DEF8-4663-9EBB-AC9CCF311B98.jpg (600x600, 75K)

I know Kiwis went to Vietnam, however I thought only volunteers from the NZDF were sent.

Suffering is part of the human experience. It happens to everyone but only retards like you want a label and to be treated special because of it.

for what its worth, im genuinely sorry man.

Did I say anything about having ptsd? You’re a dumb nigger. Your tough outer facade is just that, a facade for the miserable piece of shit you are inside

Real talk though my favorite use for those was as boot warmers.

Attached: 1542256520299.png (715x661, 537K)

im american, been in nz for 6 years, wife is kiwi

i'm not a whining yank, im from the rural mid west, i fit in here. as opposed to a whining yank from some libtard metropolis

>women in abusive relationships can get ptsd
Thats what you're saying you fucking retard. Post tits cause you think like a woman.

I've been diagnosed with PTSD after service. I don't think it's real. I get that I'm different and I understand I'm not right, but it's mostly because I just don't give a fuck and see most everything as meaningless drivel. No flashbacks, or violent outburts. I just have the mental faculty of a degenerate stoner without the lowered IQ and whilst retaining the ability to look myself in the mirror without the disgust of being a degenerate stoner.

Everything feels like a huge effort, so if I can put it off, I will. Forever if I can. I don't really talk about it, some of my closest family and friends know but I think the diagnosis is faggotry so I just ignore it and hope it goes away - like everything in life.

Everyone sees fucked up shit. Everyone has a cross to bear. I don't see why my experiences would have a toll more than anyone elses and think that shrinks are just soft cunts.

>I suffer from PTSD, i was present at the terrorist attack in Barcellona

Is that the one where they cut everyones willies off and put them in their mouths and the media, police, and government covered it up and lied?

What did your willy taste like? Did they sow it back on?

My buddy signed up and we threw him a party before he left
He got drunk and realised he might die in a ditch in the middle east
On the other side of the party unrelated to that there was a fight so someone brought out a shotgun to keep the peace
Enlisted buddy took the shotgun when nobody was looking and went in the bathroom with it
He was in the tub with it in his mouth crying
We talked him out of it and got the gun back
Separated myself from him after that and he went overseas
Came back and he said he had a great time, wished he could go back

alot of those guys in nam had insomnia throughout their stints. full of psychedelic drugs. combine those with the suicidal viet cong, its a recipe for permanent mental trauma

That was the bataclan in France

i have ptsd from early years as appalachian child soldier in the whiskey wars of the early 90's

those guys in the bataclan, lined up the men and cut their dicks off and stuffed them in their mouths, while forcing the women to watch at gunpoint.

total carnage

I’m sure that attitude gets you far with the ladies, fucking lol. What a big manly man you are

Ive taken shrooms once or twice but never acid. I couldnt imagine frying fucking balls and going on a patrol, meth maybe but not psychedelics that shit would be too much.
Didnt the french government try to hide details about that?

Yep you're a woman lol. Post tits or fuck off

is that real science or "modern" science. I know I'm a man and so on but i don't get how getting raped can damage you so hard, especially if it happens to you once. It's just natural sex that you don't want ?? People that say getring raped is the worst that can happen have no idea what they're talking about. I can see how it's a problem when it's done again and again by a person with power over you and that'll probably result in you feeling helpless, overly careful and socially inept.
But to compare that with the military where you constantly have the real threat of getting shot - where it's advantageous to never relax and always look for the best preparation to stay alive while your dead friends show you what happens if you're not constantly on the highest alert, is - in my uneducated opinion - much much muuuch worse.

girlfriend's grandfather fought in ww2, came back a mess and couldn't reintegrate in the society, used to redirect his anger towards his wife who he viciously beat for several years until he succumbed to alcohol and eventually died. The madman built a special room in the attic of the house where he used to lock his wife and beat her for several hours at a time. Pretty fucked up shit to be frank. My own grandfather was taken prisoner in a soviet gulag in 45' after spending 3 years on the Eastern Front; he was released after 7 years, after which he had to literally walk back to Romania on foot. When he entered the country, the Romanian communist regime arrested him for treason (all the officers that fought on the Eastern Front received the very same treatment), and he was locked up in a penal facility for another 6 years, where he was forced to work for more than 14 hours a day, every single day. After he got released in the late 50s, he never could reintegrate in the newly created communist "utopia", as he was branded an "enemy of the state", alongside his entire extended family. He managed to live until the 80s, wrote two books about his war experiences, but never really talked about them with anyone from his family. Both of the books were released after the 89' revolution by his son, my uncle.

Pretty fucked up if you ask me. My mum and her siblings couldn't attend university because the entire family was branded as "impure" by the communist state (a branch of the family were hardcore monarchists, while the other branch were hardcore Iron Guard sympathizers). They all had a hard time during communism, their lands got seized and all of their goods got redistributed by the state. They were forced to live like rats up until the late 80s. Even now they still have a light form of PTSD whenever they talk about life during communism...

So are the ball-less faggots walking about after that? Or did they all die? Also, no Muslims should be allow in European nations.

My dad island hopped in the Pacific theatre and went to Okinawa. He never talked about the war.

I suffer from ptsd. Im learning to get over it i think. Its hard. Dreaming is the worst

yeah i heard they did try to keep the details from getting out, but the people who got out weren't holding back on those details

it was just all out slaughter.

Did you see some action? I mean irl?

To be honest I was damaged long before my service. Luckily i never saw combat overseas. You just self medicate. You cope, i mean i know combat veterans, close friends of mine in my same age range, mid 30s. Joined shortly after 911. I choose the coast guard. While my friends choose the marines and army. Theyre all raging alcoholics, but fuctioning. One even works directly for elon musk at space X. I actually have more ptsd from watching my mom die from cancer 4 years ago. Watching the cancer infect her brain, she started rambling nonsense. Then i saw the MRI, and there were cancer clusters EVERYWHERE. All in her brain. I can only imagine the pain she went through while also losing herself, its fucked me up really bad and why its 2am and why im not asleep yet, i had a dream about my mom last night in her condition and it fucked me up. Luckily she didnt suffer for too long. It was about 2 months where she suffered before she died. But for about 8 months she did great. It was the last 2 months where it all went to shit. They didnt anticipate it going to the brain but at the same time they cant do anything about it. Chemo kills cancer everywhere but the brain, so the cancer is going to go where the poison isnt. The brain. If they can create a treatment that stops cancer from going to the brain, that would be a huge milestone. I miss her so much, she was a wonderful woman, she was only 51. :( miss u mom.

sort of makes sense right, it was a eagles of death metal concert, full of degeneracy, gay themes etc. it was targeted for those reasons

Notitz here, just critical of meatheads like you that can’t into compassion for others

Dreams are the worst because you cant control them. I almost wish hypnocil from the nightmare on elm street movies existed irl. A drug that stops you from dreaming. Ugh. The worst.

>people tell me i kick violently and shit like that in my sleep very often
i guess its something to get used to
dont ever remember a dream when it occurs

Fight for the jew, get what you deserve, Amerilard.

condolences for your mother user, she's in a better place right now. Stay strong!

The vocalist for the Eagles of Death Metal band actually went against the main narrative after the massacre and he eventually got censored by the media and the French authorities. Jesse Hughes was also permanently banned from the Bataclan after his comments and a lot of French festivals dropped the band after he made his remarks public.

>“I saw Muslims celebrating in the street during the attack. I saw it with my own eyes. In real time! How did they know what was going on? There must have been coordination,” he told Taki’s Magazine, a publication from Greek-born conservative commentator Taki Theodoracopulos, which has faced criticism for its writings on race.
>Hughes alleged that a Bataclan security guard had inquired about the background of his girlfriend, who is of Mexican origin, supposedly with an eye to warning her of the impending attack if she was Muslim.

He's also a hardcore right-winged 2nd amendment supporter, so there's that.

Communism blows big time and we have people in my country who want communism!!!! Its madness man. Its backwards shit.

I feel for you user, I’m sorry she passed in such an awful and unexpected manner. Cancer has taken too many lives in my family as well, mother has had it twice, my grandmother five different times before it finally got her.

Its a statistic i heard during the classes you get jusy before getting out. But imagine you're minding your own business, and a couple guys throw a net over you and then shove a tiki torch up your ass. Youre fighting, every fiber of your being denying the experience. It cannot be happening. It cant be real. Any moment you'll blink and it'll just have been a bad dream. It's not possible. But their laughter and your tears and the awful burning all scream over your hopeless pleas. Yes, it's happening, and none of your efforts can stop it. It breaks you, worse than any explosion.

nope

My little brother is an OIF vet. They put him on meds and told him he couldn't work or he'd lose his benefits. He was just grumpy for a while. After about a year, he started a garage door company and went back to work. Boredom got to him.

No
Whatever you say

Weed keeps my dreams away. On a tolerance break right now. 4am and i haven't slept a wink because every night this week I've woken up thrashing.

You have that many people in your country that support communism because they never really experienced real communism, it's simple as that. Ask any sane Eastern European what they think about this ideology and they would rip it to shreds regardless of their political ideology today. More than 2.5 million Romanians were subjected to death, imprisonment, brainwash and so forth until the commie state managed to solidify itself to the point of gaining absolute power. We always talk about the Holocaust or any other genocide except the one that was literally enacted upon our own people, which is pretty fucking sad if you ask me.

What exactly did you see over there that makes you have nightmares?

I'm so sorry. You made this user cry. Please try to take it a day at a time.

>he didn’t even see action and yet stands as the gatekeeper of who can have ptsd and who cannot
Pathetic

Fuck man, hope it gets better. Id try some sleep aids. Prescription strength. Maybe a good benzo or ambien type drug. If it wasnt for pharmaceuticals id be in a world of hurt. Weed never helped me. I live in California, its legal here. Huge weed culture. All it did to me was make me paranoid. I felt like i got kicked in the head by a mule after smoking this cali weed and im like "people pay to feel this way?" Then i start to understand why so many mma fighters love weed. It simulates that being knocked out on your feet feeling. At least with me it does. Some good Klonopin, mmmm thats my shit. Its sweet like candy, while alprazolam is bitter.

Any modern soldier who has PTSD is a weak faggot.

Honestly it's not from that. I've only ever had one ied go off near me, never killed anybody. I got off pretty easy in that respect.

>You have that many people in your country that support communism because they never really experienced real communism, it's simple as that.

And that's exactly what war is about.

Find a nigger and buy the cheapest regs you can. The hybrid shit is damn near a trip, I understand why people swear off weed if thats all theyve had.

Yet other vets ITT agree with me.

It blows so bad. And now i find out my nieghbor, his mother has stage 4 cancer and it spread everywhere, all over her liver. At least his mother is 75 tho, lived to life expectancy, my mom was 51 and i was 30 when she died. It blew. Then i see my nieces that my mother never got to see, my.mother would have loved them so much, would have brought her so much joy. It just blows man. The silver lining, i got to tell my mom i loved her several times and i got to say my goodbyes. When they die suddenly you dont get that luxury. But then i factor in whats worst? Definitely the dying over a prolonged period of time is worse. The suffering. As opposed to say, car crash or heart failure.

Yeah most of the shit ive had were sativa indica blends. Also really fucking strong and potent. Its ok to have weaker weed. I actually smoked a little not that long ago from my friends vaporizer pen, it didnt have a huge effect on me like hitting greens straight up from a bong, i think it was mostly cbd, low.thc vape pen, i can get into that.

I can understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry for your loss, my grandpa died of cancer a few years back so I understand how bad it hurts.

indeed, but these stupid entitled kids don't fucking realize that the moment the revolution is enacted and the war is over, they will be the first ones to be shot by the newly centralized state. They always think that they will live long enough to see the utopia, but fail to realize that the commie state does not need revolutionary elements within its ranks after it takes complete power. When shit will hit the proverbial fan in the US, and trust me it will in the near future, these pseudo-intellectual champagne socialists will be the first to be lined up and shot or sent to work to their deaths, while the hillbillies that they so much despise will be the ones that will run the show.

>Do you know someone who suffers or suffered from War PTSD?
Yes, i know myself well
>What were they like after they came back home
Nothing has changed for me. Maybe I became a little more cold-blooded. after the war, I hate Russians and everything connected with this fucking people.
>did they ever talk about it?
Talk about what? That I had to kill people? To be honest, I liked to do it. I liked to defend my country, my people. I liked the fact that close friends were with me. I liked to risk my life. Yes, there are people who are simply not made for war. War breaks them forever, and talking, psychiatrists and other shit will not help them.

Wtf im french and it's the first time i hear about that and it's true also

Whats it like to kill someone? Do you have any war treasures?

>I hate Russians and everything connected with this fucking people.
basado

Yeah I think the reason they wanted to ban detail because of how gruesome it was or something like that. I watched some documentaries on it awhile ago.

it was talked about on Jow Forums right after the massacre. Apparently, the muzzies also filmed a lot of that torture but most of the videos were swept under the rug by the French authorities, who made everything possible to hide the evidence that the people that got killed were also butchered and tortured to their death before the attack ended. They feared what the truth might bring out in the native population in regards to the muzzies that live in France, so they made it sure that everybody that spoke about it would get absolutely destroyed by the media.

>couldn't eat pork chops for about 10 years because burning humans smell exactly like pork chops being grilled
i'm hungry now

Muslims. That shit is a death cult. Allowed to invade western european countries. It will always lead to terrorism. Every time. Once they make up 15-20 percent of the population, its over.

I just had smoked ribs and potato salad

Attached: 5BBCB189-A763-4098-B895-E5124EF40C19.jpg (499x499, 26K)

I had/have it
Drank heavily returning home, told myself it was because I couldn't drink over there and was making up for it. Except I was drinking every single day, became very withdrawn and kept thinking about what happened.
I still have flashbacks, not in the Hollywood 'back there' type of thing but something will happen and I'll immediately start thinking of the event. I told a few people what happened but nobody really understands.

I remember the bataclan attack because it happened one week after my mom died from cancer. November 2015. Ugh, that year sucked.